HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2012, 05:14 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
I got a chance to have Manny really bang my new 300X around yesterday at the field and it was awesome. Aside from a slight vibration from those awful woodies (CF mains is the next upgrade), it did everything straight out of the box. I made sure that I added loctite to the feathering shaft screws to keep the blades on her during the flight. So far, I am really happy I bought this one. Really didn't need much in pre-flight except balancing the tail and main blades and a dab of loctite. Oh, I also went into the Rx to adjust the +/- pitch limits. It had a little more negative than positive out of the box with my JR9303 Tx (running +/-13*).
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I got a chance to have Manny really bang my new 300X around yesterday at the field and it was awesome. Aside from a slight vibration from those awful woodies (CF mains is the next upgrade), it did everything straight out of the box. I made sure that I added loctite to the feathering shaft screws to keep the blades on her during the flight. So far, I am really happy I bought this one. Really didn't need much in pre-flight except balancing the tail and main blades and a dab of loctite. Oh, I also went into the Rx to adjust the +/- pitch limits. It had a little more negative than positive out of the box with my JR9303 Tx (running +/-13*).
yes, the stock wood blades are not vey good and out of balance. I am looking for 245mm cf blades or compatible replacement. HH 300X cf blades on pre-order only.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Jul 17, 2012, 09:15 AM
United States, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Mar 2011
177 Posts
WOOHOOO!!! I got notification Ampdraw has shipped my 300X !!! It should be here by Friday! Guess I need to get those EC3 connectors installed on my extra batteries!!! Wohooo!

Regards,
J
jimmiedac is offline Find More Posts by jimmiedac
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:22 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,449 Posts
Hehe... I'm totally stopping by the hobby shop tonight whether they call me or not. Sometimes they forget to call me about important stuff like this
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:53 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,344 Posts
I wonder how much tweaking there will need on the beastx. I haven't really worked with this rx and all the settings. I know it is pre loaded for the 300, but just not sure how much settings will need to be changed.

J
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:13 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I wonder how much tweaking there will need on the beastx. I haven't really worked with this rx and all the settings. I know it is pre loaded for the 300, but just not sure how much settings will need to be changed.

J
It will only need to be changed if you don't like it. Most people are seeming to like the stock settings. Things like flying at high altitude may require small changes, I'll let you know
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:16 PM
Can't get enough
Joined May 2010
2,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
It will only need to be changed if you don't like it. Most people are seeming to like the stock settings. Things like flying at high altitude may require small changes, I'll let you know
Thanks Jasmine Mine should be here by next week.

J
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:21 PM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
The defaults are very good and well thought out. Mine flew straight out of the box. The BeastX has been set to take throttle and pitch curves rather than its own settings. The suggested transmitter settings in the manual seem to work well for me. I am not up to 3D standard by any stretch of the imagination.
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:07 PM
Can't get enough
Joined May 2010
2,344 Posts
I heard not to go past 75 in idle up...it causes vibrations. Can someone who has this heli have any experience going past this?

J
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:44 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I heard not to go past 75 in idle up...it causes vibrations. Can someone who has this heli have any experience going past this?

J
It's not a matter of "just hearing it". The addendum that ships with the bird clearly says not to go above 75% with the stock blades when running a flat throttle curve. It also shows a recommended V-curve for the woodies. Why tempt fate? I'm not cranking-up the HS on mine until I install the c/f blades.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:46 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
It's not a matter of "just hearing it". The addendum that ships with the bird clearly says not to go above 75% with the stock blades when running a flat throttle curve. It also shows a recommended V-curve for the woodies. Why tempt fate? I'm not cranking-up the HS on mine until I install the c/f blades.

Joel
Are you guys referring to travel adjustment for the pitch servo??
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:47 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Jul 17, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:51 PM
Can't get enough
Joined May 2010
2,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post

Joel
I wasn't going to tempt fate....I don't have it yet and was going by the manual. Didn't see or read the sheet in there.

J
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:07 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2011
640 Posts
Search and search I did. I still have not see a real good answer on what Lipo, will fit the 300X. Or maybe I have, and I am just a little dense.
What would be a good Lipo? I don't mind spending a few bucks more, for Quality stuff.

TIA
Blackanthem is online now Find More Posts by Blackanthem
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Hehe... I'm totally stopping by the hobby shop tonight whether they call me or not. Sometimes they forget to call me about important stuff like this
You're getting a 300 X? Awesome and can't wait for your review! My 300 X is on hold now that I got a working 130 X.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)