HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2012, 11:48 AM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtimeallen View Post
I have both the CC and the Gee Bee and i haven't really had a problem with either. No board or servo issues. I also use 360mah batteries in the gee bee instead of the stock 200mah. It seemed to resolve the power cut out on start up. I can say i really enjoy both of em. They have their downfalls but thats to be expected.
I have been back and forth in my opinions of HHs issues and qc, but i will say that you will hear more comments from the people with issues than the ones without.

Here's a thread on the CC servo issue. The poll results are very shocking and disappointing to say the least. Take the time to read the whole thread, I did and as a big HH fan and supporter I'm not smiling. I will report though that I have owend 2 umx planes and 2 blade helis with similar servos on them. I had a issue with the esc/rx on my mossy and out of the box my Blade 120SR had a bad elev servo, and my replacement that I bought from the LHS was bad out of the bag! I think I made myself depressed now.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1649095
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Last edited by Diesel6401; May 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2012, 04:26 PM
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
poll looks pretty bad at 44% yes and 56% no.
I would hope to think that the real world is more like 20% or less. I know of the six that were sold at my hobby shop that all six were fine. The only issue i had with mine was the lights didn't work. I ended up cutting open the fuse to find the plug wasn't connected all the way for the lights. I'm wondering if some of the servo issues are to do with the plugs not being connected?? Either way it makes me wonder what kind of qc is happening in the factory.
airtimeallen is offline Find More Posts by airtimeallen
Old May 25, 2012, 04:32 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Quote:
poll looks pretty bad at 44% yes and 56% no.
I would hope to think that the real world is more like 20% or less. I know of the six that were sold at my hobby shop that all six were fine. The only issue i had with mine was the lights didn't work. I ended up cutting open the fuse to find the plug wasn't connected all the way for the lights. I'm wondering if some of the servo issues are to do with the plugs not being connected?? Either way it makes me wonder what kind of qc is happening in the factory.
Yes. I really hope that aren't starting to lower their QC standards just to make the deadline. That would waaaaaay worse then late releases! Its onething to be late, but if you are it better be a darn good product. Don't be late and put sub-par products... that's a slap in the face to us hobbyist. Prices are already typically higher then most any other line, better make it worth that price.
Old May 26, 2012, 09:24 AM
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel6401 View Post
yes. I really hope that aren't starting to lower their qc standards just to make the deadline. That would waaaaaay worse then late releases! Its onething to be late, but if you are it better be a darn good product. Don't be late and put sub-par products... That's a slap in the face to us hobbyist. Prices are already typically higher then most any other line, better make it worth that price.
+1!
Old May 26, 2012, 12:53 PM
United States, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Mar 2011
177 Posts
No Issues

Since the 300 X shares the same servos with the 450 X I have a good feeling that we won't see the issues that plague the linear servo models. I've no complaints with the quality of my 450 X so far . I'm hopeful that the 300 X will not disappoint either.....if they ever ship it, that is...
jimmiedac is offline Find More Posts by jimmiedac
Old May 26, 2012, 01:46 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
I had 2 bad servos on 2 separate 450s and one on an Icon A5. HH servos are sub-par but not horrible in my experience.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old May 26, 2012, 04:23 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiedac View Post
Since the 300 X shares the same servos with the 450 X I have a good feeling that we won't see the issues that plague the linear servo models. I've no complaints with the quality of my 450 X so far . I'm hopeful that the 300 X will not disappoint either.....if they ever ship it, that is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
I had 2 bad servos on 2 separate 450s and one on an Icon A5. HH servos are sub-par but not horrible in my experience.
The HH servos kinda scare me, I personally haven't had any issues with them (knock on wood), but in the Parkzone Habu thread and some of the warbird threads they've been a real issue especially in the case of the Habu. I think the increased speed with the edf put more forces on them then they where designed before. Their where Habu's dropping out of the sky left & right because of those servos and many failing pre-flight. I replaced all my Habu servos after about 5 flights to prevent failure. I replaced the aileron servos with HS65mg and the rudder & elevator with HS85mg servos! Huge hitec servo fan! I really would like a 450x or 450 3D, but I've only done the heli thing for a little over a month and crash the hell outta my 120sr and mcpx learning and attempting new things.
Old May 26, 2012, 11:53 PM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
United States, CA, Ben Lomond
Joined Mar 2011
1,133 Posts
Wooohoo!

Just pre-ordered mine. I need another heli like a hole in my head

$332.09 plus $2 shipping from Wholesale Trains. Let the waiting begin.

I need an intervention. To think, I almost ordered the 130x at the same time
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old May 27, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
Yes. I really hope that aren't starting to lower their QC standards just to make the deadline. That would waaaaaay worse then late releases! Its onething to be late, but if you are it better be a darn good product. Don't be late and put sub-par products... that's a slap in the face to us hobbyist. Prices are already typically higher then most any other line, better make it worth that price.
So i was at our flyin yesterday and my buddy with a CC told my that his right aileron servo was intermitently getting a mind of its own and going nutz. He took it back to the shop. Thats two out of six from my shop with known issues, however mine was easy to fix. I hope they get this st figured out. Horizon Hobby wouldn't have half the problems they do if they would just quit with the pre realease announcements or at least don't put a date on the release. Then they could take their time with qc and get these problems strait [I]before[I]release. This pre release crap prollys got to do with some jackass Goldman Sacks financial advisor - 'so if we announce these products well ahead of time you can take the preorder $$ and give it us to take.. er um invest with and make you lots of $$'. Not many other manufacturers do it for a reason.... customer relations.
Old May 27, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post

I gotta get that t-shirt! (avitar).
Old May 27, 2012, 10:07 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,133 Posts
Quote:
I gotta get that t-shirt! (avitar).
rcfunlab.com
Old May 27, 2012, 12:45 PM
United States, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Mar 2011
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post

Let the waiting begin for sure....I got mine ( well ordered mine ) from AmpDraw Hobbies for $324.00 way back in February, so I've been waiting for a while... . The discussion about the servos doesn't seem to concern me because the servos in the 300 X they aren't the linear servos that the smaller units use....the 130X does share the linear servos with the problematic units and that is a point of concern for me....I too almost ordered one a while back but I'm waiting to see how the first user/owners find the quality.

Regards,
J.
jimmiedac is offline Find More Posts by jimmiedac
Old May 27, 2012, 06:55 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Let the waiting begin for sure....I got mine ( well ordered mine ) from AmpDraw Hobbies for $324.00 way back in February, so I've been waiting for a while... . The discussion about the servos doesn't seem to concern me because the servos in the 300 X they aren't the linear servos that the smaller units use....the 130X does share the linear servos with the problematic units and that is a point of concern for me....I too almost ordered one a while back but I'm waiting to see how the first user/owners find the quality.

Regards,
J.
I'm like you, I'll wait on the 130x to see what happens. I wanted a Carbon Cub when I 1st saw them, but not anymore after all the bs going on with the servos and binding issues. Looking forward to this 300x. Wife said it had better come with a divorce lawyer
Old May 27, 2012, 10:31 PM
Memento Mori
Joined Sep 2009
3,022 Posts
Quote:

Regards,
J.
There where issues with the PKZ main servos on the warbirds and the Habu. Those aren't linear, standard size. Not anywhere close to the amp of issues with that the linears have. QC issues are starting to scare me. If I bought this bird I would swap to Hitec's for piece of mind. Just me...
Old May 28, 2012, 05:30 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
567 Posts
Quote:

Regards,
J.
Just curious, how is it that vendors are pre-selling them below the MSRP of $379.99? I'm curious because I want to find a seller up my way that would do the same. I recall reading in a different thread about Horizon product resellers losing their rights to sell HH products for selling under MSRP.

Thanks!
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato