SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 11, 2012, 06:28 PM
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
Chuck - What servos is HH stuffing in this little bird? I didn't see any on the parts listing for it.
Cheers~
airtimeallen is offline Find More Posts by airtimeallen
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2012, 08:07 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtimeallen View Post
Chuck - What servos is HH stuffing in this little bird? I didn't see any on the parts listing for it.
Cheers~
they use SPMSH2040L. 2.9g linear long throw servo for cyclic and

SPMSH2040T, 2.9g linear tail servo for tail
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old May 11, 2012, 08:09 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
I think you're mistaking the 300 with the 130. The 300X uses the DS76(T).
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old May 11, 2012, 08:26 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtimeallen View Post
Cheers~
sorry guys i do not have these heli's Hamish does so i can't answer your questions, although i see the answer is there for you now

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old May 11, 2012, 11:43 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy207 View Post
I think you're mistaking the 300 with the 130. The 300X uses the DS76(T).
yes, I mistaken it as 130x.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old May 13, 2012, 08:20 AM
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
So its the same servos as the 450x or are they using the 76t's on cyclic too?
Old May 13, 2012, 08:21 AM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Both helis are using DS76's on cyclics and a DS76T on the tail.

Ben
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old May 14, 2012, 02:00 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Ship date updated to LATE June.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old May 15, 2012, 02:01 PM
United States, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Mar 2011
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Ship date updated to LATE June.
SHUT YOUR MOUTH...!!!!!! Just when I was getting excited.....wonder if the boat got hijacked????
jimmiedac is offline Find More Posts by jimmiedac
Old May 15, 2012, 02:40 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,807 Posts
I think I have decided this will be the next thing I get..
I originally wanted the Mig, but with the servo and board probs of the GeeBee and the CC, I think I'll wait a while.

Although I'm sure the 300X will have probs - at least it doesn't use the all in one board or linear servos so *hopefully* will be better.

Plus I have $100 in HH credit just sitting there
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old May 16, 2012, 09:26 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
I originally wanted the Mig, but with the servo and board probs of the GeeBee and the CC, I think I'll wait a while.

Although I'm sure the 300X will have probs - at least it doesn't use the all in one board or linear servos so *hopefully* will be better.

I disagree. I'm willing to bet that there will be no problems with the 300X. They're using the experience they have from the 450X and 300 sized Blade SR. Both of those are solid platforms. I'm guessing the risk of engineering issues is really small with this bird.

Let's just hope for the best!
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old May 24, 2012, 06:08 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,983 Posts
Not sure if anyone has seen this, but I noticed this on the HH facebook page today, but is also on their website: http://www.horizonhobby.com/article/...mour+Overlay+3

Quote:
To our customers,

I’m sure many of you have experienced much frustration recently due to the continued unavailability of key Horizon products and parts, and I sincerely apologize for that. Unfortunately, we made two significant mistakes. First, we misjudged the capacity of our factories to produce the products that we needed. Second, we compounded that by underestimating the demand for those products by people like you. We've been playing catch-up since this problem was first identified in early 2012.

We have not provided the service that you deserve. Throughout April and May, shipments have been arriving almost daily. While we are seeing our ability to ship orders improve, we will not be back to where we should be until early July for the availability of Horizon-branded products. No one at Horizon is happy about this situation, and we are working feverishly to solve both the short term and the long term problems.

We are committed to restoring our service level to you. Please don’t judge us by my words alone, but by our actions to improve our service levels. We appreciate your business and hope that you will let us prove to you that we can turn this situation around.

Sincerly,

Joe Ambrose
President & CEO
Diesel6401 is online now Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old May 24, 2012, 09:09 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
I find it odd that HH does not have a closeup picture of the mechanics of this heli on its website. Whereas they have closeup pictures for the 130X and the now released 450X. The suspicion is that they have not finalized the design even though there is a parts list.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old May 25, 2012, 08:22 AM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post

I have the Mig on back-order and I've heard about the GeeBee board issues, but I have not read about the CC board issues. Looks like I'm going to have to do some thread reading on that.
Diesel6401 is online now Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old May 25, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Nov 2010
283 Posts
I have both the CC and the Gee Bee and i haven't really had a problem with either. No board or servo issues. I also use 360mah batteries in the gee bee instead of the stock 200mah. It seemed to resolve the power cut out on start up. I can say i really enjoy both of em. They have their downfalls but thats to be expected.
I have been back and forth in my opinions of HHs issues and qc, but i will say that you will hear more comments from the people with issues than the ones without.