HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:54 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmac1 View Post
Is anyone using any other size battery than the 1350mah that comes with it? I have a 1000 and can get the 1300 nano tech from hobbyking for a lot less than the $30 price tag on the stock battery. I also have 2 1300 packs from horizon hobby, but they are only 15c and the one it comes with is 30c. Thanks for any info
I flew a 1000mah 30c yesterday and got 3.mins with plenty left over
barnstorm100 is online now Find More Posts by barnstorm100
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:50 AM
United States, DE, Seaford
Joined May 2012
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
The 300x on Phoenix is more difficult than the real one.
That's great to hear. I've gotten pretty good with the one on phoenix
So I can't wait! Should be here today
:-)
Sailmac1 is offline Find More Posts by Sailmac1
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:51 PM
DX6i,DX7..low on model memory!
SUFFOLK, ENGLAND
Joined Jan 2008
326 Posts
Thanks jasmine.

Colin.
malcolxl is offline Find More Posts by malcolxl
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:07 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
212 Posts
Can you guys explain the throttle tail, and pitch curves to me?
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:18 PM
What Canary?
Huntsville, AL USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,735 Posts
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692 has a world of info on setting up helis, go to pitch and throttle curves 101. And look at all the other videos!
KeithK is offline Find More Posts by KeithK
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:55 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,097 Posts
Well, I've now tried the ar7200bx with a known good 5v 3amp bec and it's still dropping throttle and sometimes it seems like I also loose roll control for a moment.

I don't know if I want to switch the BEC to 6v and take a chance on those eflite servos.

I have a ticket open with HH, I just hope I will only have to ship back the ar7200bx, otherwise the shipping cost is going to be pretty high.
Hexperience is online now Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:57 PM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,370 Posts
could someone explain the brownout problem known with the ar7200bx and how it can be fixed?

Is it a simple fix of needing a better bec ?
HeliStyle is offline Find More Posts by HeliStyle
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:08 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,793 Posts
I flew 7 packs today @4mins each. So that's about 25 flights now and no problem. Not very hard on it though.
Hey, how do these Android frame braces attach to the frame? Does anybody else even use them
Thanks.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:16 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStyle View Post
could someone explain the brownout problem known with the ar7200bx and how it can be fixed?

Is it a simple fix of needing a better bec ?
All digital receivers have a minimum operating voltage. If the input power drops below that voltage, the receiver must re-boot. Spektrum receivers re-boot fairly quickly, but first you have to wait for the power to come back up, and then if the receiver was off for too long, it has to re-acquire the transmitter signal - this can take significant time. Most of the time with a helicopter you have crashed long before any of that happens and when you walk up to your bird everything will be "working fine"

The supposed "Spektrum brown-out" problem is not unique to Spektrum, but their receivers are a little more sensitive to brief voltage dips, and they have done nothing over the years to fix the problem. YOU can fix the problem though, and I maintain that the "problem" isn't really with the receiver itself, although there are improvements they could make so it would be less sensitive. The preferred way of avoiding the issue is to use a good BEC, but there are also other methods such as a capacitor across the power pins (I forget what size, sorry).

Since the AR7200BX is a digital receiver, it is vulnerable to this problem. Note - I have also experienced this problem (power reset lockout) with a 72MHz digital receiver as well, and it sometimes happens with other 2.4GHz brands. One guy at our club who uses Futaba had a brown-out and he was so upset he wanted his membership dues refunded - said there must be some kind of problem with our field. I spent an hour explaining that to him on the phone, he fixed the problem, he's had a great time at our club ever since.

My point is, you need to use a good BEC, whether it's built in to the ESC or otherwise, and it doesn't matter if you're using Spektrum or any other brand of receiver, if it's digital, you can have power reset lockouts. The knock-off Spek stuff is equally as sensitive as the genuine article.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:11 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,097 Posts
I was running a bec off a seporate battery and it still cut out theottle on me and also loses cyclic control intermittantly. for now my 300x is running a walkera 2702 if horizion replace or repair it i will put it in one of my other helis.
Hexperience is online now Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:39 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
I was running a bec off a seporate battery and it still cut out theottle on me and also loses cyclic control intermittantly. for now my 300x is running a walkera 2702 if horizion replace or repair it i will put it in one of my other helis.
Well, any mass produced product can be defective, so maybe you got a bad one, but maybe you have a sketchy BEC too?
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:57 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
I flew 7 packs today @4mins each. So that's about 25 flights now and no problem. Not very hard on it though.
Hey, how do these Android frame braces attach to the frame? Does anybody else even use them
Thanks.
I am thinking you have to glue them on.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:52 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,778 Posts
So Horizon says that I am the first call of a broken main shaft with the carbon blades. Anyone else?

They replaced my shaft. I am upgrading to Align Digital servos so I am eager to see how that goes.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:01 PM
United States, DE, Seaford
Joined May 2012
53 Posts
Anybody using a JR X9303 with this? I am not sure what settings to use to set up gyro gain. From what I've read it's assigned to channel 5 but I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks for any help
Sailmac1 is offline Find More Posts by Sailmac1
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:32 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,793 Posts
I was trying to test hover my new 600 in the backyard and this is what happened.
aller anfang ist schwer! (9 min 50 sec)

But really, after flying 4 batts in the 300x with no cooling in between flights, the motor stopped for about 1/4 of a second. Lucky I was high enough for it to recover. Guess it time to install the 30a esc I got from hobbypartz