Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:44 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Easy to get confused when you follow a lot of threads. You don't have to be like that about it. But, the Nano and the 300x do follow the same laws of physics and achieve flight in the same way. I never did finish my 300x review, never could find anyone to film a flight for me.
Sorry. I thought it was funny. I've posted in the wrong thread a lot myself.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:35 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
It flies great! Very smooth & precise. What is your skill-level?

Joel
This will be the first CP That I own. I have flown many CP's (SR, some 450's) and I'm completely comfortable with them. I have a ton of plane Experience and a DX7s so I can dial it down. I have a coax and a mSR. Will I be ok?
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:07 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
I'm ordering this heli in a couple of weeks How does the fly?
I think it flys great from sport to 3d. It is super solid and feels a lot larger than it is.

Here is my first flight
300 x indoor test and outdoor maiden (5 min 1 sec)

and here I think is my third flight
Blade 300X (5 min 13 sec)

I didnt do any 3d in those vids but it is capable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
The airfoil of the rotor creates a pressure differential allowing the blades to pull helicopter upward and overcome gravity.
reminds me of my first airhogs
Quote:
This will be the first CP That I own. I have flown many CP's (SR, some 450's) and I'm completely comfortable with them. I have a ton of plane Experience and a DX7s so I can dial it down. I have a coax and a mSR. Will I be ok?
If you have been able to fly the Blade SR you shouldnt have any issues with a 300x. The 300x is so much more stable, smoother and more powerful (better to get out of a problem) than my ol' SR.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:28 PM
Never stop being a kid.
United States, CO, Manitou Springs
Joined Jan 2012
543 Posts
Man, I am so looking forward to getting one of these after I master the mCPX. Perfect size for park-flying, and seems rock-solid. Nice flying, indoorheli; thanks for sharing.
BrundleFlyBy is offline Find More Posts by BrundleFlyBy
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:36 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
If you can fly the marshmallow-headed BSR well, you can probably fly this bird in your sleep! The BSR was my first CP heli, and I absolutely hated the 'marshmallowy monster'. As IH noted - the 300X is rock-solid & flies very 'big'. However, it's not intended to be a CP trainer, so be prepared to do at least some repair after anything more than a very minor mishap.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:38 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Cool. I'm really looking forward to this, is the beastx stable? In winds over 7mph? I'm not saying the winds are always that high. Sometimes I get near zero wind and sims times it will gust 7-25mph. I'm not saying I will go fly in 20 mph winds, I'm just wondering if the gyro works.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:57 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Cool. I'm really looking forward to this, is the beastx stable? In winds over 7mph? I'm not saying the winds are always that high. Sometimes I get near zero wind and sims times it will gust 7-25mph. I'm not saying I will go fly in 20 mph winds, I'm just wondering if the gyro works.
Yeah, the BeastX is very stable. But then, the AS3X birds are also very stable in wind & turbulence. However, the BeastX controller is in a different league than the AS3X system. Silky-smooth resolution, fast response, and fully user-programmable - so you can give the bird whatever feel you wish. Want it to feel like a big, scale ship? Just set up the BeastX accordingly. Want it to be lightning-quick & touchy on the sticks? Just dial up the response you want in the BeastX. You are no longer bound to the Newtonian behavior of a flybar, where small helis are generally twitchy & unstable, and big helis are generally much smoother & more stable. With a FBL setup, it is possible to make a small heli feel big, or a big heli feel small. Up to a point, of course.

The AS3X-equipped nCPX & mCPX hardly notice 7-10 MPH winds. The AS3X-equipped 130X laughs at 15+ MPH winds. A little breeze like that doesn't even faze the 300X. Of course, you still have to be on the collective all the time if it's gusty or turbulent to manage the abrupt changes in translational lift that occur. But the rotor disk remains level as a pool-table and the tail remains planted wherever you put it - even in significant winds & gusts. I'm sure the 300X would have no trouble at all in 30 MPH winds, if the pilot were able to manage the collective well enough to compensate for abrupt changes in translational lift during gusts.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Feb 13, 2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:39 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Lol. Lots of info

But I'm really excited and looking forward to it.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:52 PM
United States, DE, Seaford
Joined May 2012
53 Posts
I ordered one of these and should be here tomorrow. I can't wait also after all I've read on this forum and the videos I've seen of it. I've been flying it on phoenix as well since they have the same model on their sim. I've had a good time with the Mcpx, but it's the brushed motor and not as much power to do 3d like I would like.
Sailmac1 is offline Find More Posts by Sailmac1
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:57 PM
Joined May 2012
53 Posts
Is anyone using any other size battery than the 1350mah that comes with it? I have a 1000 and can get the 1300 nano tech from hobbyking for a lot less than the $30 price tag on the stock battery. I also have 2 1300 packs from horizon hobby, but they are only 15c and the one it comes with is 30c. Thanks for any info
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:57 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Yea. I can fly almost every heli on RF 6.5 successfully. I can fly nose in and do inverted and a good bit of 3D. I can fly inverted tick-ticks and do stuff. I also am working on hurricanes and funnels. lol I'm not gonna do that in real life though .
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:02 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmac1 View Post
Is anyone using any other size battery than the 1350mah that comes with it? I have a 1000 and can get the 1300 nano tech from hobbyking for a lot less than the $30 price tag on the stock battery. I also have 2 1300 packs from horizon hobby, but they are only 15c and the one it comes with is 30c. Thanks for any info
Almost no one flies with stock E-flight batteries. I use the 1300 nano's and they work great! I think a 15C battery would get pretty hot and not last too long. That's a pretty low C rating for heli duty on a battery this small.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:02 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
My plan is to use the Thunder power 1350mah 25c that i have laying around. plus, i get 2 lipos because they are now offering the BNF heli with 2 lipos A bit low c on the TP pack, but I think it'll do.

I bet this would work:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl1300-3s1p-40c-3333.html

Also this:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

The turnigies might might be a bit cheaper, but they will probably deliver only 30c constant.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:04 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
The nanos are not bad but the 45-90c is a waste over money over the lower C rated one. Both give out about 35C no matter the rating.

IMHO Turnigy blue packs are better https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...Lipo_Pack.html
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:30 PM
Joined May 2012
53 Posts
I appreciate everyone's input on this. I figured the 15c batteries wouldn't be enough for this heli. They are actually from a hobbyzone supercub. (my introduction into RC) I'll get new batteries and leave them for the cub. (if I ever fly it again)