Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:48 PM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
the beast x is the big selling point of this heli, you will be the first I have seen. Interested to see how it goes, may want to put my beastx in something else down the road and it would be good to know you can put a less expensive fbl gyro in this one.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:58 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Gee I hope it was cheap. The heli brand new is only $30 on top of the AR7200bx...
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:59 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
the beast x is the big selling point of this heli, you will be the first I have seen. Interested to see how it goes, may want to put my beastx in something else down the road and it would be good to know you can put a less expensive fbl gyro in this one.
I've seen a few others do it so far, it won't be that hard.

Should be interesting, yes

So for the 3GX, I can use S.Bus (I use a Futaba 8FG) or use male to male servo connections to the ports of the RX to the ports of the 3GX, right?

Thanks!

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Montreal and New Hampshire 2014
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:36 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
Does anyone know if the thunder power 1300 65c batteries will fit and make cg okay?
65c is good, but your limited to the size of wires going into the esc. Only so much juice can flow through those tiny wires.
Got my Gensace 1300mah today. Its bigger than the Nanotech and Turnigy and even bigger than the stock batt. I flew a 1000mah 30c today Got 3 solid mins of of it. So now I have 1 Nanotyech 1 Turnigy 35 to 45c Gensace and the stock batt. I also have some 800mah 40c that I use in Trex 250dfc that would only fly 2.

So, I got my 300x Friday and was excited about setting it up. After I got it out of the box and took the canopy off, I was shocked how cheap looking this heli is. The frames is super flexy, servos look cheap, looks like it needs more main shaft support. The tail assy. looks good. I didn't think I even wanted to purchaes the CF blades.
The next day I took it over to the park to try it out. I was suprise how well it flew. This is the best flying small heli I have. I'm going to try and not crash it, but when I do, the beastx is going into my 450pro dfc. I was already doing flips and reverse circles like I had been flying it for years. I had to reduce +pitch by 1 to get zero at 50%
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Last edited by barnstorm100; Feb 11, 2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:51 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
6...The frames is super flexy,
The next day I took it over to the park to try it out. I was suprise how well it flew. This is the best flying small heli I have. I'm going to try and not crash it, but when I do, the beastx is going into my 450pro dfc. I was already doing flips and reverse circles like I had been flying it for years. I had to reduce +pitch by 1 to get zero at 50%
Glad you liked how it flies. But you're right... the frame is flexy. If your motor can starts to get marked up you can install these. They're cheap and take care of that problem.

http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...n-frame-braces
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:51 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Glad you liked how it flies. But you're right... the frame is flexy. If your motor can starts to get marked up you can install these. They're cheap and take care of that problem.

Sorry... "unavailable"... darn.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:00 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,656 Posts
Lynx also makes one: http://www.lynxheli.com/product_info...ducts_id=22483
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:29 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Nothing is really wrong with the AR7200BX, but like all Spektrum gear, it doesn't run without electricity. Therefore, when you run a marginal ESC or there's a defect, it can heat up and a momentary power supply interruption can cause failure of the receiver, which will wait until the power level comes back up, then attempt to reboot and re-gain a lock on your signal. By then, usually you're in the ground. So, technically it's not a problem with the receiver, but the dang things are somewhat sensitive.
I put in a walkera gyro/rx and it will fly the entire pack. Funny how a faulty esc would cause only the throttle channel to lock out but i will try a different esc with th ar7200 and see what happens. I'll put it in my 450 with a hobbywing platinum esc
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:06 PM
hmmm...
Joined Sep 2008
1,370 Posts
hey guys I recently stripped two of the servo gears from a light crash and was wondering if 9 gram analog servos would fit the frame and work with the beastx?
HeliStyle is online now Find More Posts by HeliStyle
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:13 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
I put in a walkera gyro/rx and it will fly the entire pack. Funny how a faulty esc would cause only the throttle channel to lock out but i will try a different esc with th ar7200 and see what happens. I'll put it in my 450 with a hobbywing platinum esc
My response was about the general situation, not your specific issue. But, I think your issue IS brown out. Sometimes switching the receive can fix that, if you switch to one that is less sensitive to voltage dips, but the problem is still there, it just isn't bad enough to cause a total failure.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:31 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post

After about 60 flights, I have not seen any of these frame flex issues? Or maybe I just don;t know it.

Can you guys describe the symptoms vs. characteristics afterwards?
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:00 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
After about 60 flights, I have not seen any of these frame flex issues? Or maybe I just don;t know it.

Can you guys describe the symptoms vs. characteristics afterwards?
We don't all have it. Probably minor variations in the plastic give some of them enough rigidity. If you have the problem you'll see marks on your motor where the frame rubbed it. There are simple fixes for the issue, you don't need to buy anything.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:52 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
We don't all have it. Probably minor variations in the plastic give some of them enough rigidity. If you have the problem you'll see marks on your motor where the frame rubbed it. There are simple fixes for the issue, you don't need to buy anything.
Indeed, you are right. We don't all have it. But I do. What are the fixes without buying anything? I must have missed it.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:59 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
You can add stiffeners (flat pieces of plastic) between the rear servos so there is no slop or spaces. That will stiffen up the frame and most likely rid you of frame flex
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:06 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
You can add stiffeners (flat pieces of plastic) between the rear servos so there is no slop or spaces. That will stiffen up the frame and most likely rid you of frame flex
Just some good stiff plastic? Sorry for the questions, especially if it's been covered in this thread already.