HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:30 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Well just bought my 3rd 300x, it was too cheap to pass up.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:58 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jan 2013
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Well just bought my 3rd 300x, it was too cheap to pass up.
It's almost worth it for the AR7200BX alone.

The spares are so expensive for the 300x it makes sense to buy the complete heli instead.
GadgetMart is offline Find More Posts by GadgetMart
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:20 PM
United States, VT, Berlin
Joined Jul 2009
79 Posts
Quote:
I would think you would want something faster and Digital
oops I misposted... the servos in my airframe were s3154 digital futaba micros... are those ok?
jmscard is online now Find More Posts by jmscard
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:52 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMart View Post
It's almost worth it for the AR7200BX alone.

The spares are so expensive for the 300x it makes sense to buy the complete heli instead.
Even more so when you get the price I just paid This was my best purchase price of the 300x yet, I paid not much over ar7200bx pricing with an extra battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscard View Post
oops I misposted... the servos in my airframe were s3154 digital futaba micros... are those ok?
Still kind of slow, but probably would work ok.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:14 PM
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish99 View Post
Markarch ... great bit of air brushing on the faux windshield and very nice detailing, ESPECIALLY when you did it free hand with a sharpie! MUCH better than I could ever manage and gives it a very unique look. Don't worry about the comments from the one ... person ... while everyone is entitled to an opinion he pretty much just likes to troll. Seems he rolls through user id's like we change our socks, as he has no social manners.

Thanks for posting the pics. I am loving this heli myself. Flown fantastic right out of the box for me and while I am certainly NO 3D flyer, I found it very stable and easy to flip and am now fairly comfortable with inverted HOVER when I am WAY up there and there is not too much wind.

Good first non-micro 3D ship.

Happy flying,

Marlin
Thank you so much guys. I appreciate the kind words. I understand that not all styles can please everyone. I just like to do something original, at least to me. There sure were some responses that were out of the character of this wonderful community. Happy flying!
markarch is offline Find More Posts by markarch
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:37 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markarch View Post
Thank you so much guys. I appreciate the kind words. I understand that not all styles can please everyone. I just like to do something original, at least to me. There sure were some responses that were out of the character of this wonderful community. Happy flying!
I also thought it looked great. Excellent job! Never would have thought a Sharpie paint job could look that good.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:46 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
I also thought it looked great. Excellent job! Never would have thought a Sharpie paint job could look that good.

Joel
It sure wouldn't have looked so nice if I had done it
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:58 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Well that's simple then, (servo programming). apart from fast digital being preferred, any brands? Anything that doesn't work with it??? I don't wish to put cheap s&$# back in, but I'd also like to be reasonable with price. (I run Savox in my race cars, good value for money, and no faults).

And wow, 3x 300x's. My Mrs would shoot me, even if I got another one for $50 lol...
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:26 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun flyer View Post
Mine has done the same thing, I just sent it in for repair and they sent a whole new 300X. The last few batterys I ran through it,I stayed in a hover at around two feet high and the first batttery it did it three times. each time it would act as if the throttle hold had been turn on and with in 30 seconds it would go back to the power settimg that the stick was at. I tried to move up to it and see if anything was working, but it would turn on before I could see. I would lift up again and hover and with in a minite it would do it again. The next battery it ran fine for the entire battery. 3rd battery it did it again 2 times. I recharged the battery that it ran fine on and tried again and it stopped just like the other times. Thats when I sent it in. I just got it back in, but I don't know if I;m going to fly it Know. I have my 130X flying soo good and it's the perfect size for the frount yard.
Allen
Well, after letting the 300x sit for awhile, (lots of working heli's to play with) I tried it again and it looks like I'll have to send this to HH. What a pain in the a$$. The real value in the heli, and one of the main reasons I bought it was the ar7200bx. Now it looks like that is the problem... I don't know that I'll trust this one again.

I wish I never bought this thing.
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:48 PM
west coast flyer
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
And wow, 3x 300x's. My Mrs would shoot me, even if I got another one for $50 lol...[/QUOTE]

Ya, one nice thing about heli`s is they are easy to hide compared to planes.

I`m guessing indoorheli is not married
emeraldc is offline Find More Posts by emeraldc
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:42 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
Well that's simple then, (servo programming). apart from fast digital being preferred, any brands? Anything that doesn't work with it??? I don't wish to put cheap s&$# back in, but I'd also like to be reasonable with price. (I run Savox in my race cars, good value for money, and no faults).

And wow, 3x 300x's. My Mrs would shoot me, even if I got another one for $50 lol...
For servos http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=439149

On the 3, I havent had them all at once, I just keep buying and selling. Just when I think I am done with the 300x a good deal comes along that I cant pass up. I try to keep under 5'ish heli's ..at home. I was over my limit so I just sold a few heli's last week. Good timing too, I have a goblin coming at the beginning of next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldc View Post
Ya, one nice thing about heli`s is they are easy to hide compared to planes.

I`m guessing indoorheli is not married
I have planes that are about to get over a 100"s in span...not easy to HIDE

...and yup married and two kids. It helps to have a 6 year old that likes to fly rc as well
Titan and the mSRX in the house! (1 min 7 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:38 AM
west coast flyer
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
[QUOTE=indoorheli;24037408]For servos http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=439149

On the 3, I havent had them all at once, I just keep buying and selling. Just when I think I am done with the 300x a good deal comes along that I cant pass up. I try to keep under 5'ish heli's ..at home. I was over my limit so I just sold a few heli's last week. Good timing too, I have a goblin coming at the beginning of next week

...and yup married and two kids. It helps to have a 6 year old that likes to fly rc as well

Nice,....my daughters are not interested, but my nephews think it`s awesome & I take them any chance I get. I can`t complain, I only started this addiction last March, and managed to get 14 planes & 4 heli`s past the wife,....the 15th & 5th are hiding
emeraldc is offline Find More Posts by emeraldc
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:00 AM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Nice skills for the little fella!!
My two enjoy rc also, (7&3) they only have the little 3ch scouts though lol. eldest get's a good hover going, so that msrx is his next logical upgrade (was going to be my old msr but bit's are getting harder to buy).

I've just started selling some of my gear also, but I'm up to 6 heli's 1 plane (micro polecat) 6 car's (4 race ready 2 bashers) 3 boats and another plane being built now (foam funtana)...

That's my collection, the kids have a bunch also...

Oh, and thanks for the servo link, subscribed and will have a good read.
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:00 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Ok, I think this is going to be my next Heli. Had a used mCPX, sold it, got the Nano and now need something bigger for outdoors. Been following this one for a long while, watched tons of videos. Looks like the ticket. I hope the Tax Man is generous again this year.....

I have three 3S 1000 30C Glaciers and three 3S 1800 25C Zippy Compacts. Would either of these
work in the 300X and still balance ok?
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Last edited by heritageflyer; Feb 05, 2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:12 PM
Gulf Coast
Joined Nov 2002
348 Posts
Quote:
For servos http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=439149

And just remember he will definitely need newer, larger models as he builds his skills. Bet wife won't say a word
fletch is offline Find More Posts by fletch