HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:44 PM View Post
steelers.dean - crvnation
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). Show it to me anyway.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:49 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
deleted... my mistake
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Last edited by Billz_01; Feb 03, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:01 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers.dean View Post
Well, E-flite is Blade is Spektrum. In other words, it's ALL Horizon, so it's their fault.

Also, if you already knew this to be true with their weak ESCs, then why didn't you address that fact earlier on before crashing? Do you have any of the larger Blade helis (4503D, 450X, etc) and did they have the same problem?
No it's not all the same thing when people are refusing to fix their problems because somebody blamed it on the Spektrum receiver. I explained that clearly enough for anyone to understand.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:07 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swift View Post
Yeah, go with Castle Cremations...even better...
Crv, in the years I have been doing rc castle has always worked well for me. Out of the many esc's of theirs that I have owned, only one so far I had to send back from a mini flux.

I just ordered a talon 90 for my Goblin, I''ll let you know when it crashes my heli
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:09 PM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
What about one to best suit this???

(I'm trying to research it now but there seems to be a lot of different esc's with different ratings...

http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...rushless-motor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:57 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Max amps on that will be around 25ish. You can really get quite a few in that range from $10-200
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:27 PM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markarch View Post
Just modded up my stock canopy with some sharpie markers and airbrush on the windshield.

Looks awesome, amazing what you can do with a sharpie.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
23 Posts
It's ghettorific!
steelers.dean - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by steelers.dean - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:08 AM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markarch View Post
Just modded up my stock canopy with some sharpie markers and airbrush on the windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I think it looks pretty cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
Looks awesome, amazing what you can do with a sharpie.
Markarch ... great bit of air brushing on the faux windshield and very nice detailing, ESPECIALLY when you did it free hand with a sharpie! MUCH better than I could ever manage and gives it a very unique look. Don't worry about the comments from the one ... person ... while everyone is entitled to an opinion he pretty much just likes to troll. Seems he rolls through user id's like we change our socks, as he has no social manners.

Thanks for posting the pics. I am loving this heli myself. Flown fantastic right out of the box for me and while I am certainly NO 3D flyer, I found it very stable and easy to flip and am now fairly comfortable with inverted HOVER when I am WAY up there and there is not too much wind.

Good first non-micro 3D ship.

Happy flying,

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:32 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
From what I've heard/read/seen, there are very few problems with this heli. Mine flew great right out of the box, and it still flies great. Haven't had a single problem.

Joel
Well some people like myself had a bad tail servo...Had to change it out. Ended up bending feathering shaft and main shaft. I changed out all my servos to align servos, and now I can't get the tail to stop wagging.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:01 AM
Billy
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I changed out all my servos to align servos, and now I can't get the tail to stop wagging.
How did you go with reprogramming the beastx system to accept those servos? For the most part I've heard a few dramas with servo change-outs but they have mostly been programming related.

I'm curious as I'm not going to purchase stock when/if my servo/s kick the bucket, and would like to gauge the difficulty.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:47 AM
United States, ME, Portland
Joined Jul 2009
92 Posts
Anyone know if I can use futaba 3114 micro servos on the blade 300x... the specs look close to the stock ones, and I stripped a servo on my cylics and was hoping to steal the 3114's out of a trashed airplane airframe until my replacement gears arrive for the stocker... will the futabas be good replacements? and can I just replace the one, or will that put the 300x "out of whack"? forgive my ignorance but I am a heli noob for sure..
jmscard is online now Find More Posts by jmscard
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:25 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Well some people like myself had a bad tail servo...Had to change it out. Ended up bending feathering shaft and main shaft. I changed out all my servos to align servos, and now I can't get the tail to stop wagging.

J
On mine, I've found if I tighten the belt too tight, it will cause the tail to wag.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:38 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Quote:

J
so many things can cause tail vibes, if not a setting look over that tail look for binding. A bad bearing, or over-tightened grips will give you wag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
How did you go with reprogramming the beastx system to accept those servos? For the most part I've heard a few dramas with servo change-outs but they have mostly been programming related.

I'm curious as I'm not going to purchase stock when/if my servo/s kick the bucket, and would like to gauge the difficulty.
It is super easy, there is only a few settings for servos
under the setup menu

For Cyclic:
B cyclic servo frequency
G servo centering
If reversing is needed use Menu I

For Tail:
C Tail servo Pulse Length
D Tail Frequency
E Tail Servo end points
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Feb 04, 2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:26 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscard View Post
Anyone know if I can use futaba 3114 micro servos on the blade 300x... the specs look close to the stock ones, and I stripped a servo on my cylics and was hoping to steal the 3114's out of a trashed airplane airframe until my replacement gears arrive for the stocker... will the futabas be good replacements? and can I just replace the one, or will that put the 300x "out of whack"? forgive my ignorance but I am a heli noob for sure..
I would think you would want something faster and Digital
RCG Plus Member