HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:44 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jan 2013
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
People are having trouble? I think what you wrote is the general consensus, but I haven't been following every post. This thing flies great out of the box just with the woodies!
Amen to that!

I'm not really into 3D, sports aerobatics will keep me amused, loops, rolls, inverted, etc.

For the time being, I will settle for aileron turns!

There is NO WAY I would have progressed so far so fast if it wasn't for the 300x, truly amazing machine.
GadgetMart is offline Find More Posts by GadgetMart
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Well here's the thing - I had a complete failure of some kind, and I'm convinced it was the (expected) brown-out problem which is common when you use an E-flite ESC
That's funny. You swore up and down before that it was the user's fault when they had brownouts with Spektrum gear. Yet, now, you finally admit to what others were telling you all along that you think it's a component failure from the same parent company? Huh, imagine that...
steelers.dean - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by steelers.dean - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:21 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMart View Post
I'm surprised at the problems people are having with this helicopter.
It's my first CP helicopter, after a mCPX.
I have had scores of flights with it, only crashed it once.

It's the best learning tool I could imagine and flies like it is suspended on wires.
From what I've heard/read/seen, there are very few problems with this heli. Mine flew great right out of the box, and it still flies great. Haven't had a single problem.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:02 PM
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
631 Posts
Custom sharpie canopy

Just modded up my stock canopy with some sharpie markers and airbrush on the windshield.

markarch is offline Find More Posts by markarch
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:04 PM View Post
steelers.dean - crvnation
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:29 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers.dean View Post
That's funny. You swore up and down before that it was the user's fault when they had brownouts with Spektrum gear. Yet, now, you finally admit to what others were telling you all along that you think it's a component failure from the same parent company? Huh, imagine that...
Well yeah, it's not the Spektrum receiver's fault, it's because of running an inadequate ESC or not providing proper cooling. E-flite ESCs aren't well known for being good in this respect, but they aren't the worst. The failure is E-flite/Blade's fault for not using an adequate ESC or providing proper cooling, but it's not the fault of the Spektrum gear. What I'm saying is I don't understand why they aren't using over-rated gear on these things, as the brown-out problem is a major source of bad press for them. I don't have brown-out problems with systems I set up, it's not hard to avoid. You would think Blade would want to design this system including a switching BEC or something to avoid that issue, and I was expressing my disappointment that they still haven't addressed a relatively simply problem in their RTF lineup, even in the 'higher end' stuff.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:31 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,449 Posts
Quote:
Wow, a ghetto trash 300X. Looks like banger graffiti you'd see in Los Angeles or Miami, holmes. Chop the skids and make it like a Chebby cholo/vato lowrider, ese.
I love it! All it needs is chrome skids and fins, maybe some retracts?
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
23 Posts
Quote:
Well yeah, it's not the Spektrum receiver's fault, it's because of running an inadequate ESC or not providing proper cooling. E-flite ESCs aren't well known for being good in this respect, but they aren't the worst. The failure is E-flite/Blade's fault for not using an adequate ESC or providing proper cooling, but it's not the fault of the Spektrum gear. What I'm saying is I don't understand why they aren't using over-rated gear on these things, as the brown-out problem is a major source of bad press for them. I don't have brown-out problems with systems I set up, it's not hard to avoid. You would think Blade would want to design this system including a switching BEC or something to avoid that issue, and I was expressing my disappointment that they still haven't addressed a relatively simply problem in their RTF lineup, even in the 'higher end' stuff.
Well, E-flite is Blade is Spektrum. In other words, it's ALL Horizon, so it's their fault.

Also, if you already knew this to be true with their weak ESCs, then why didn't you address that fact earlier on before crashing? Do you have any of the larger Blade helis (4503D, 450X, etc) and did they have the same problem?
steelers.dean - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by steelers.dean - crvnation
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:36 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
What is a recommended esc replacement? With gov mode!
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2013
23 Posts
Quote:
I love it! All it needs is chrome skids and fins, maybe some retracts?
Like, mang, he needs some straight up hydraulics on dat phat ride, yo. Make it all bouncy cruzin' da strip and rustle up some natural born chicas, holmes.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:03 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
BIGH, I guess your other account just got banned again?

See you under your next 10-20 names soon
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:05 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markarch View Post
Just modded up my stock canopy with some sharpie markers and airbrush on the windshield.

I think it looks pretty cool
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:10 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billz_01 View Post
What is a recommended esc replacement? With gov mode!
Castle Phoenix 25 would work, of course there are a few cheaper ones on HK
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:14 PM
Billy
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2012
314 Posts
It doesn't say anything about a gov. Or is this the wrong one?

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/phoenix-25.html
Billz_01 is offline Find More Posts by Billz_01
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:35 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Yup, it has tx governor mode
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...c-CSE010002500
RCG Plus Member