HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Mar 2011
29 Posts
Last Minute Additions to the RCX EXPO

From Traxxas:

See the John Force Castrol GTX High Mileage/15x Champ Ford Mustang on display in the Traxxas booth (#603) at RCX!

Get an up close look at an actual 8000+horsepower Funny Car in person this weekend. The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car race replicas and DTS-1 Drag Timing System will also be on display next to the full-size John Force Funny Car.

To learn more about John Force Racing visit www.johnfoce.com.

Visit Traxxas - The Fastest Name in Radio Control! | traxxas.com to see the new Funny Car race replica in action. You can also follow Traxxas at Traxxas - Company - Plano, TX | Facebook and Traxxas (@Traxxas) on Twitter for the latest product and news related updates.

Below is information from johnforce.com on the display vehicle:

FORCE UNVEILS 15X CHAMP MUSTANG AT MAC TOOLS US NATIONALS

September 2, 2011

INDIANAPOLIS, IN (September 2, 2011) --- In what has become a John Force Racing tradition team owner and 15-time Funny Car champion John Force unveiled his 15X Funny Car Champion Ford Mustang today at the 57th annual Mac Tools U.S. Nationals at Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis prior to the first round of qualifying. The Castrol GTX High Mileage/15X Champ Ford Mustang will only be raced at the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals and then the body will be retired. Force will also be wearing a commemorative 15X fire suit and helmet for the event. Force’s helmet was painted by PPG’s custom paint instructor Paul Stoll.

“I wanted to do something really special for my 15th Full Throttle championship so I designed a Ford Mustang Funny Car with Full Throttle colors. I’ve got a special fire suit and helmet that match the Funny Car. Winning the 15th championship was special because I battled a great driver Matt Hagan right down to the last day. It was a fight throughout the Countdown and I am really proud of my team led by Austin Coil, Mike Neff and Bernie Fedderly. It was a big comeback for me and I just want to thank all my sponsors Castrol, Ford, Auto Club, Mac Tools and BrandSource for standing behind me,” said Force.

“Most of all I want to thank the fans. I had to really struggle to get back from my crash in 2007 but I go so much support in the hospital in Dallas, then when I was working out at Fanatics in Yorba Linda plus all the people at every race leading up to this championship. The fans kept me going and I will always be thankful to them. I can’t wait to get into this hot rod and try and win another Mac Tools U.S. Nationals and maybe a few more Full Throttle Funny Car championships.”

Die-cast replicas of the 15X Champ Ford Mustang are available through the John Force RaceStation at John Force Race Station. The RaceStation also has two different styles of 15X champion commemorative t-shirts available as well.

Check this out, Our friends at GoPro have given us some of their Cameras to give away in the RCX 10 Year Anniversary Giveaway. If you are attending RCX be sure to sign up for this. There are a lot of awesome prizes up for grabs!

LOST IN MN is offline Find More Posts by LOST IN MN
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:53 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,616 Posts
Is there a atm at the convention center ?
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Mar 2011
29 Posts
Yes there are several.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:20 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
316 Posts
I honestly don't care about john force or those people from storage wars... I wanna see some RC planes!!
beercandan11 is offline Find More Posts by beercandan11
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:59 AM
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
7,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beercandan11 View Post
I wanna see some RC planes!!
Well then come on down. We have a huge indoor flying area in Airplane Alley and plenty of vendors and demo pilots, so there will be non-stop plane and heli action all day long.

Pete (the old fart with the microphone)
PGR is offline Find More Posts by PGR
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:54 AM
Joined Mar 2002
7,616 Posts
lol , funny stuff ............"huge indoor flying area" 60x100 ft , last year at fairplex was about 60 x 100 YARDS ...hopeing this isnt a car show .............
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:57 AM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,437 Posts
Dennis, we get you don't like Long Beach...

The drive is about the same from OC, but I agree, it's a much nicer facility.
Steph280 is offline Find More Posts by Steph280
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Feb 2011
316 Posts
Going to try go down there tomorow hope people that make it today post up some good reviews
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Mar 2002
7,616 Posts
well ..........what can i say , we wernt too impressed with the Radio Control Expo , way way way too crowded , you could hardly move around that place , we stood in the food line for an hour and fifteen minutes (never made it to the front of the line), one of the guys with us is handicapped and he couldnt stand any more so we left , no seating or tables to eat the 5.00 hotdogs and 5.00 cokes .
One area was nothing but die cast cars and hot wheels cars , still not understanding where that fits in at a Radio Control Expo ???
We heard lots of people wondering out loud why they moved it from a place with so much room , to such a small place like this .
One thing we did like is some of the venders we wanted to see were there .
The demo area as small as it was had some real good flyers there .
All in all on a scale from 1 to 10 we gave it a 4 (10 being best), and if they dont pick us up in a limo full of hooters girls next year , we wont be going back .....but this is just us , maybe you will like it .......
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:02 AM
Joined Feb 2011
316 Posts
Its a long drive for me hour each way and I have a 1 year old so think I will pass this year.
Ill just take the kid to watch people fly and save money and frustration driving all way down there
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:05 AM
I fly,hover,sail,drive & crawl
USA, CA, Chino Hills
Joined Jan 2009
301 Posts
Got up early to drive 48 miles (one way) to Long Beach. Got there and no signs for where to park. Walk around and finally. Got to the door and no one took my tickets. I spent $11 on line and nobody took my ticket.

Site was too darrk. Aisle were confusing and not organized. Not too many vendors and no special savings or prices. Might as well buy online since the prices are the same in store or online.
One concession stand. Stood in line for 55 minutes and when I got to the counter, they were out of food. Had to wait and when I got my food, the hotdog was undercook and the nacho cheese was cold.
Been going to the RCX show for a lot of years and unless they do anything different and move it closer to me, this year would be my last year.

Oh yeah, I spent $18.00 today. Last year I spent over $400. I would rather go to the AMA Show and we all kow how small this event is.

I did get some coupon from the Hooter girls so I left at 1:00 pm.mand went to Hooters. First time I left the RCX show so early. Normally I go the full 2 days. I am to going tomorrow. I shredded my tickets for tomorrow.

I would save your time, money and energy and watch the play offs at home. RCX was a bust for me this year.
quiel is offline Find More Posts by quiel
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:08 AM
Joined Feb 2011
316 Posts
No cheap deals? ? That's why wanted to go so I can pick up some cheap stuff
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:01 AM
I fly,hover,sail,drive & crawl
USA, CA, Chino Hills
Joined Jan 2009
301 Posts
Show special prices were the same as online prices. Good thing about iPhone. I checked the website. Ultimate Hobbies is there but with a track only. No booths. Pegasus only had Real Flight. No other items. Only big items are Banana, Gyros, PCH, Hobbypeople and Nitroplanes. Good luck getting in Nitro.Too many people in a small place trying to get giveaways.
quiel is offline Find More Posts by quiel
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:27 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGR View Post
Well then come on down. We have a huge indoor flying area in Airplane Alley and plenty of vendors and demo pilots, so there will be non-stop plane and heli action all day long.

Pete (the old fart with the microphone)
Shucks Pete, sorry I missed you! I would have stopped by to say and introduce you to my wife and son. I did meet Pat there and we chatted for some time. It was good to meet him finally in person.

I thought the RCX was awesome although since this was my first one, I do not have anything to base that judgement on a comparison to the others. It was cool seeing something from all genres of the RC world. Even some Hooters' girls were there. Not sure why, but they were not hard to look at.

The only thing I bought was a RealFlight RC Sim. I think I saved $40 on it by buying it there.

Looking forward to next year's show.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Mar 2011
29 Posts
Photos from RCX Long Beach courtesy of RC Car Action http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2012...he-show-floor/