to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:44 AM
Be here now!
Rome,Ciampino
Joined Jan 2008
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nuts 181 View Post
It really comes down to what you want to do with the model, for nearly the same money you can have 33% more power for say something like glider towing...... if you wish but you also have this thing called a throttle and as to the weight, your going to need it to balance your cub! As to servos, this is not a very big plane any good 3.5kg servo will be fine.
No towing, just pure fun.
So i think dle20cc is the right choise. It's light-weight, compact (plus or more like the Asp120) and with a good 17x6 prop it can trust up to 6.5 kilos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrj3cub View Post
Go for the Asp 120 four stroke. With a 16x6 prop it will give you nice thrust and it will flie verry scalelike. The Sounds is just awesome.

I have this engine in my clipped cub 1/4 and it is a true winner! Cheap also! Order it from China, and you will be a happy man!
I know Asp120 is a good engine. I own it, it's mounted on a big autogyro i'm building.
What i want now is to try a gasoline engine. They say they are economic, clean, easy to use...

I'm going to take some photos of the plane.
ask21! is offline Find More Posts by ask21!
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:42 AM
Be here now!
Rome,Ciampino
Joined Jan 2008
172 Posts
Some img

Here are some photos taken as it looks "out of the box".

Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:55 PM
United States, NJ, Upper Pittsgrove
Joined Mar 2011
122 Posts
Hey Ask get rid of that bogus pilot,very poor looking,I put scale civilian pilot in my cub. Dont forget to change the stopper on the fuel tank if you go gas. Good luck with the build it is pretty easy.
scaleman57 is offline Find More Posts by scaleman57
Old Feb 07, 2012, 03:24 PM
Be here now!
Rome,Ciampino
Joined Jan 2008
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleman57 View Post
Hey Ask get rid of that bogus pilot,very poor looking,I put scale civilian pilot in my cub. Dont forget to change the stopper on the fuel tank if you go gas. Good luck with the build it is pretty easy.
Of course!
I will lay-off the old pilot and will hire a new fit one!
About the tank instead i will substitute every tube an the stopper also.
As i will got o buy servos and the motor will arrive at my home, i will up-date with new photos.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 03:38 PM
Be here now!
Rome,Ciampino
Joined Jan 2008
172 Posts
How about the kit to reduce vibration wich is included in the plane's kit? Did you try that or you don't?Does it really works...
I've never seen one like that
Old Feb 08, 2012, 06:44 AM
Joined Nov 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21! View Post
How about the kit to reduce vibration wich is included in the plane's kit? Did you try that or you don't?Does it really works...
I've never seen one like that
Using that on mine 120. Its working well! The plane vibrate hardly nothing. But maybe the most important ting to do is to balance your prop!
Mrj3cub is offline Find More Posts by Mrj3cub
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:03 PM
Joined Jul 2004
2,582 Posts
Ok fair enough then yes 20cc will be more than enough, if you want the sound I highly recomend the ASP 160 4 stroke twin but you'll have to put up with methanol......
Big Nuts 181 is offline Find More Posts by Big Nuts 181
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:49 AM
Be here now!
Rome,Ciampino
Joined Jan 2008
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nuts 181 View Post
Ok fair enough then yes 20cc will be more than enough, if you want the sound I highly recomend the ASP 160 4 stroke twin but you'll have to put up with methanol......
I bought a Dle20cc.
It is so compact!
I only am scared of the vibrations at idle. So i was asking about the anti vibrations motor mount included in the kit. It should reduce the high rpms vibration only.

Mrj3cub, does it works at low rpm too?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Nov 2011
123 Posts
Yeah, it works fine on idle and high rpm. But remember, balance your prop and have the wings on when at the ground for breaking in. The wings will take some of the vibration.

A gas engine will always vibrate more than a nitro will i have read someplace.
Mrj3cub is offline Find More Posts by Mrj3cub
Old Feb 13, 2012, 05:41 PM
Joined Mar 2011
122 Posts
Ask you do not need vibration dampner I have over 25 flights on mine every thing is still tight. Make sure you balance the prop you will be fine. im glad you went with the DLE20 great choice no clean up when you are done flying. I ran 1 tank of gas through it on the ground to break it in a little bit then flew it easy for a few tanks at 32 to 1 oil mix.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:11 PM
TigreJohn
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Aug 2008
996 Posts
Servos: metal gear versus FRP versus plastic (in order of strength). Depends how long you want to keep the airplane and/or the servos maintenance free. Titanium gears are the strongest (Hitec TG) and last the longest, but you pay thru the nose for them. Next are the brass geared servos (Hitec MG), also good strength but the gears wear faster. The Fiber Reinforced Plastic (Hitec HB) servos are next in strength but wear longer than brass. Plastic gears wear the longest, are the the least expensuve. but have the least strength. Take your pick.
jjkupinski is offline Find More Posts by jjkupinski
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:18 PM
Be here now!
Rome,Ciampino
Joined Jan 2008
172 Posts
Here I am!

In the last week I put my hands on the beauty

Final setup is: DLE20, HS485HB except for the rudder, for witch i chose a HS645MG (due to large throw I will use and due to tail-wheel).

I will also use a life 6.6V 2100mAh directly in to my Futaba FS617.

May be on thursday i will take her out to brake-in the engine. I will take some photos of course

RGDS
Stefano
Old Feb 28, 2012, 04:32 PM
Joined Mar 2011
122 Posts
Hey Ask I changed my wheels over to 5 inch Dubros look and function much better than those cheap foan jobs.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:44 AM
Be here now!
Rome,Ciampino
Joined Jan 2008
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleman57 View Post
Hey Ask I changed my wheels over to 5 inch Dubros look and function much better than those cheap foan jobs.
That are a must to have!
any photo please?!

Today i run-in the engine. Maybe on saturday i will maiden the plane.

Ps. DLE is way too powerful! There will be a lot of fun