HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Scott Seidler, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 07:13 AM
Jack's Kid
USA, NJ, Kinnelon
Joined Aug 2006
663 Posts
Alert
Please dont ask me anymore for freebies for build threads! THERE WILL BE NO MORE

Last straw on this for me was today.
I have always gone far out of my way for everyone here on RCgroups. I have offered free products, backed up everything I have ever sold fairly and quickly.
And I have ALWAYS followed the rules when it comes to selling within the USA, not shipping into other areas, etc etc.

Im done - I am so tired of everyone else cheating, playing games, and most offensive giving credit to others especially when those others are constantly failing to follow the rules.

Im sure some of you are reading this and it makes no sense to you.. Its ok this isnt really meant for you anyway.

Here is some recent facts:

Having spent a large amount of time being the FIRST to promote a certain line and getting them ALOT of attention here. I find that now anyone willing to place an order for more than two can go buy directly and BOOM another distributor has the product dropping sales to a point where purchasing for stock seems silly.

Spending thousands of dollars with a manufacturer to bring in new unknown planes for testing only to be told that another LARGER distributor is going to sell the product and threatened them they wont take it on if I have access to it. Thats AFTER the money, months of time, and all the energy was spent on getting ready to offer the product. And on top of that the "big" guys offer the plane up for 50% more than I had planned on. That really benefited the RC community didn't it?

Over the past few years there have been a number of distributors who will openly offer to supply and ship products overseas or otherwise internationally even though we were specifically told by the manufacture this was not allowed and was cause for termination of our ability to get their product.

Over the past few years there have been a number of freebies handed out to those who wanted to post a build thread. While the majority have been done and both their negative and positive comments were taken in stride - there have been a number that have never been done by the people that received the products and in at least one case credit for the model - or potential sales of it - were given to another distributor who carries the plane because why? People dont seem to realize the time, energy, and money from our own pockets are used on these things and I no longer want to deal with it.
The amount of deception and cheating within and among the distributors and others in this community is unbelievable considering what a tight knit and friendly group us as RC flyers are in general.......

Im done with my rant - off my soapbox - and moving on........

-S
Scott Seidler is offline Find More Posts by Scott Seidler
Last edited by Scott Seidler; Feb 01, 2012 at 07:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 01:40 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,172 Posts
Hang in there Scott, I understand where your frustrations are coming from.
Hope everything works out soon buddy.

Thomas
ThomasLee is online now Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups