HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:54 PM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,232 Posts
Just looked at the pics of this radio on HH's website and whats up with this preflight setup screen pic showing "Tx Antenna Extended". The antenna is non movable or extendable on this radio, correct?
dfrazier is online now Find More Posts by dfrazier
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:06 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrazier View Post
Just looked at the pics of this radio on HH's website and whats up with this preflight setup screen pic showing "Tx Antenna Extended". The antenna is non movable or extendable on this radio, correct?
Preflight is nothing more than a Checklist to remind you to check various things before flying. You customize it to your own taste. You do not need to use any of these steps to fly. They are just a sample list of reminders that you can Enable or Inhibit from display.
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:19 PM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
Preflight is nothing more than a Checklist to remind you to check various things before flying. You customize it to your own taste. You do not need to use any of these steps to fly. They are just a sample list of reminders that you can Enable or Inhibit from display.
But why is it even there on this Tx?
dfrazier is online now Find More Posts by dfrazier
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:20 PM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
Just got to play with A DX18 today. Love it!!!! Cant wait!!!!
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:36 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,166 Posts
Quote:
I spoke with Qui Que Somenzini, in the Horizon Booth, at the Toledo Show. He explained that he did not particularly find the PreFlight List feature useful for him, but some people might.

With complicated aircraft, such as Turbine Jets, many pilots mount a Preflight Checklist, in the aircraft, to remind them to check various things before starting the engine and flying. Everyone's list could be different.

Is it useful to have this list displayed on the Tx, I don't know.

Do you know if you have to check off each item on the list before you can fly?
Can you write items on the list in your own words or do you just have a choice of the ones that come on the Tx?
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:42 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,607 Posts
I think it's going to be a matter of selecting between a pre determine list of possibles, if something that you use is missing a simple mention here or to Andy and surely it will get added on future updates.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:15 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,259 Posts
Quote:
Because the photo was taken before I got around to updating the default list from the DX10t version (they use the same source code). My bad! The DX10t has that as the first item on the list. It's not available any more in the DX18.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:21 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
Do you know if you have to check off each item on the list before you can fly?
Can you write items on the list in your own words or do you just have a choice of the ones that come on the Tx?
You can configure it to be inhibited, to show once per session (ie, every time you go to Model Select and pick it vs. a different model), or every flight.

It also gives you an option to have the RF operating or not during that time. For some planes you probably want RF off, others you may want it on.

It does not FORCE you to complete the entire list. You can scroll to the top right corner and exit the screen just like any screen on your DX8. A full-scale pilot can fly without consulting his checklist if he chooses, you have the same option.

There is a list presented (in your selected language) of default options. You can select one and edit it, or select it and then delete it, or just create one of your own. The list covers planes, helis, and gliders (even some high-end stuff) pretty broadly.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:51 AM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Yup, it was an update we made in the last beta version. Cool, eh?

Andy
Does that hold (12 channel rx working with full 22ms/2048 resolution) for the DX10t as well? If not now, in an update?

Peter+
pvogel is offline Find More Posts by pvogel
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:40 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,259 Posts
It's not there now, but the DX10t version they're beta testing has it enabled.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,980 Posts
Preflight check list, what a cool feature.

Almost lost my pattern plane last week. Didn't know I had a problem with a charging plug, so one battery was charged, the other was not. Would have been mid-flight emergency for sure, but my paper check list included a voltage check, so I caught the problem before flight.

How nice to have that in the radio, and not on a piece of paper that ends up blowing around the field when it falls out of my flight box!
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old May 07, 2012, 05:03 PM
Joined Feb 2008
1 Posts
Hi Andy,

will it be possible on the DX18 to copy a flight mode to another flight mode for the the same model ?

Thx in advance.

Ciao
U
Blackflag is offline Find More Posts by Blackflag
Old May 07, 2012, 05:44 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,259 Posts
There is no "copy flight mode" function.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old May 07, 2012, 08:55 PM
Malaysia, Perak, Taiping
Joined Jan 2012
250 Posts
Just want to know DX18 got function calibrate like DX8 or not

thank
keris is offline Find More Posts by keris
Old May 07, 2012, 09:08 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,259 Posts
Yes, the DX18 has everything that the DX8 has plus lots more. If you use a DX8 now, you will feel very comfortable upgrading to a DX18. There are some changes, but they are mostly in the area of things that are obviously different to provide more capability and versatility.

Andy
Site Sponsor