HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:52 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfly! View Post
1 Reliability of the new radio. I did leave Spektrum in the past because I had intermittent problems with range or brown outs. How reliable is this radio?
Brownout are a Power related problem and have nothing to do with the radio. Range is beyond eye sight when receivers are properly installed.
Quote:
3 Can I assign a throttle to a switch and program throttle curves for motor ramps?
Yes you can assign motor to a switch in the sailplane model type. You can have up 4 curves if not mistaken. You can also set speed delay for that direction if throttle so motor ramps up but shuts down quickly.
Quote:
4 Does the telemetry have a voice output via the transmitter?
NO
Quote:
5 I looked at the telemetry sensors and could not find a variometer. Is there one in the works or are there any third party modules than can work with the DX.
Sensors are constantly being released.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Feb 17, 2013 at 12:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:02 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfly! View Post
4 Does the telemetry have a voice output via the transmitter?

5 I looked at the telemetry sensors and could not find a variometer. Is there one in the works or are there any third party modules than can work with the DX.

Thanks in advance,

Mannie
There is something aftermarket...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1827574

If you want integrated speech, have a look. Also, it uses the normal altitude sensor for vario sounds....
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:25 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
There is something aftermarket...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1827574

If you want integrated speech, have a look. Also, it uses the normal altitude sensor for vario sounds....
Thanks for the heads-up. Been waiting for this. I'm in!!
davidmc36 is offline Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:23 PM
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Jun 2006
1,166 Posts
Man I'm just not in the mood to go crawling around this and the QQ thread since my efforts at using the search function proved fruitless and my visit to SpektrumRC.com proved likewise fruitless.....

WHERE might I find .spm files specifically for the Blade 130X?????

Thanks guys....
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:05 AM
RC keeps me sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Man I'm just not in the mood to go crawling around this and the QQ thread since my efforts at using the search function proved fruitless and my visit to SpektrumRC.com proved likewise fruitless.....

Thanks guys....
There is no preset .SPM
Set it up according to the setup in the manual. Save it to your card and you have the basic .SPM file, fine tune to your liking and save it again with a different name.
You might be able to get one someone else likes on their 130X but it's just such a basic setup from the manual and it'll fly great.
microDan is online now Find More Posts by microDan
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:44 AM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
347 Posts
Quote:

Thanks guys....
I set mine up as per the 130X manual yesterday. Didn't take long, but could send you a copy of the .spm if it helps.
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:53 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Brownout are a Power related problem and have nothing to do with the radio.
Is it so the spektrum has needed beefier than average power supply to avoid these so called brown outs? There are so much less similar issues with other brands. Term brown out is largely spektrum related.
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:00 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B12 View Post
Is it so the spektrum has needed beefier than average power supply to avoid these so called brown outs? There are so much less similar issues with other brands. Term brown out is largely spektrum related.
Fairly good discourse on the subject here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10616057

Irrelevant where the term came from. Brownout is caused by operator error, not manufacturing flaw or poor design. Even if the earlier Spek Rx's had a slow re-boot time it is still operator error to allow the voltage to get low enough for it to happen in the first place.
davidmc36 is offline Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:04 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,211 Posts
The term comes from them because they have this Detection feature not found on other brands. The forum chatter would be slightly different if other manufacturers would have it and flight log.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:22 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblister View Post
I set mine up as per the 130X manual yesterday. Didn't take long, but could send you a copy of the .spm if it helps.
That'd be great if you're so inclined. I looked at the programming and there's no DX18 listed so I figured you could use the DX8 settings but since those files don't transfer, well.....

All I could see last night was the hours I spent monkeying around with my T-Rex 450 and my JR 12X radio.....

I'm a beginner heli guy.

Do you want to post that file here, PM me for an e-mail address, or what's your preference?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:25 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,335 Posts
Zeeb,

The values transfer though.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:31 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,562 Posts
Quote:
That'd be great if you're so inclined. I looked at the programming and there's no DX18 listed so I figured you could use the DX8 settings but since those files don't transfer, well.....

All I could see last night was the hours I spent monkeying around with my T-Rex 450 and my JR 12X radio.....

I'm a beginner heli guy.

Do you want to post that file here, PM me for an e-mail address, or what's your preference?

Thanks in advance!
Do you have a 120 heli? I am practicing diligently 3 days a week with mine -
getting ready to go for the 130- -about nother month.
Missed you last Saturday- Guy , Darin and I flew my new VisionAire-
this was designed with you and me in mind ---
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:40 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
Do you have a 120 heli? I am practicing diligently 3 days a week with mine -
getting ready to go for the 130- -about nother month.
Missed you last Saturday- Guy , Darin and I flew my new VisionAire-
this was designed with you and me in mind ---
You must have come out after I left, I had to go back to the RV show as I was/am trying to decide exactly which 5th wheel toyhauler I want....

I've not tried to fly my T-Rex since the mini-stroke and the surgery, but those guys keep playing with the little 130X helis and John showed up over at Darin's house the other night with one which had all sorts of red anodized aluminum bling on it. Even Darin was talking about how much more stable it was and easier to fly. Any way, that new hobbly shop on 90th South had the 130X's on sale with some extra parts so I went up there a bought one yesterday.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:22 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,562 Posts
Find a church and ask to use their rec room for indoor heli practice - We have various denominations here - all of the larger buildings have a rec room-
beats shivering and stomping in the snow
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:35 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Well I am getting into gliders again but am basically still a heli guy. I am getting the Tigra 1.4M sailplane which is basically a flying wing. Do I go under sailplanes wing types or acro wing types. I want to program ailerons and elevons at he same time without having to have each function on a separate switch. Is this possible under sailplane mode? I found elevon mode under acro wing types but not under sailplane wing types.

Thanks for an help you can give me. I don't have the plane yet but should be here this weekend...hopefully.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy