HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:07 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Yes, yes - they're the same samples I showed you when you were doing your design a few months ago. The DX10t and DX18 have the same display options.
Andy

I tried to go back and look, I could only see the default version, what do the other 2 options look like.

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:11 AM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,541 Posts
Time will tell. I would not buy a DX-8 because of a few reasons tops being no side sliders, sailplane programing and I did no tlike the feel. So when i bought my latest radio it was the 9503X. Other than some odd ways to program sailplanes I like it. I love the feel and switch/ gimbal placement.

Andy is the feel like a DX-8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F27QFlyer View Post
Would anyone buy this over a dx8? this is $800
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:11 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,326 Posts
Pete,

None - hopefully that's self-explanatory...

Boxed Arrows uses the big rectangle to show range. When at the center it's just a line, off-center is is an arrow pointing in the appropriate direction.

The one that was like your format was called "Lined Arrows" or something like that. It didn't have the box around the arrow, and it was determined to be too indistinct and was therefore nixed.

As an aside, you're off the ignore list right now. Let's see if we can keep you visible, ok?

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Mar 2007
4 Posts
Ah ok... Thanks Andy. Perfect... Time to start looking for a buyer for my DSX12 then...
CraigL is offline Find More Posts by CraigL
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:14 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigL View Post
Thanks Andy... What about if it is purely a slope glider with twin flaps, twin ailerons, rudder and elevator...? Would it then assign the (non existent!) motor to Aux 2, thus only utilising the first six channels? I'm asking because I already have alot of my gliders fitted out with AR6255's...
I think he answered that question.
While the various channels may have a default assignment of the positions they will have the ability to be remapped by the user.
Kind of like being able to reassign switch positions.You can reassign channel positions.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:19 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I tried to go back and look, I could only see the default version, what do the other 2 options look like.

VP
This is all that was shown to me back then: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=339

VP
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:22 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Pete,

None - hopefully that's self-explanatory...

Boxed Arrows uses the big rectangle to show range. When at the center it's just a line, off-center is is an arrow pointing in the appropriate direction.

The one that was like your format was called "Lined Arrows" or something like that. It didn't have the box around the arrow, and it was determined to be too indistinct and was therefore nixed.

As an aside, you're off the ignore list right now. Let's see if we can keep you visible, ok?

Andy
I really would like to see the options, "a picture is worth a thousand words".

VP
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:30 AM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2006
46 Posts
Andy,

Where does JR stand on this, at least in the US?
Butthead is offline Find More Posts by Butthead
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:48 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Take a look.
Toy Fair 2012: DX18 von Horizon Hobby (1 min 11 sec)

VP
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:51 AM
United States, AZ, Cochise
Joined Sep 2011
112 Posts
Im confused about the trim display.It looks like its easy enough to tell where it is.
mighty9 is offline Find More Posts by mighty9
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:05 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,326 Posts
Quote:
I really would like to see the options, "a picture is worth a thousand words".
Pictures will have to come from other sources, people who are in the position to provide them. Not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butthead
Where does JR stand on this, at least in the US?
I can't answer for JR. Shoot, half the time I can't even answer for us!!!

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:07 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,326 Posts
Quote:
This is all that was shown to me back then: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=339
That is the "Lined Arrows" form that was rejected due to being indistinct.

The arrows are the same as we have for Boxed Arrows, it's the single line that they didn't like. If you change the line into the box shown for the trims on the DX8, then you know what we're talking about.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:32 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty9 View Post
Im confused about the trim display.It looks like its easy enough to tell where it is.
Myself and others find it hard to discern the trims position on the DX8, apparently now it is even smaller on the DX18.

VP
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Aug 2007
38 Posts
I have a few simple questions.

1) Why do Spektrum keep bringing out Radio's when they haven't even perfected their current one's?

2) Does this now mean the poor man's DX8 will wither away with limited firmware support as the team concentrate on the flagship models?
3d Marky is offline Find More Posts by 3d Marky
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:49 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F27QFlyer View Post
I guess spektrum focus more on the programming and actual useful features instead of big, coloured touch screen display type radio manafactures.
A better sollution to a big color screen on a radio, IMHO would be the ability to plug it into a computer (laptop) via a USB port. You can then do all your fancy programming there much easier.... with help screens and the like. It could be really cool! Then have a regular screen and jog wheel for field adjustments.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some new engines some older