HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:56 PM
Happy Habu Hustler
Joined May 2012
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Rolling the selector is very easy and won't cause a crash. You looking at the monitor screen now thats another thing.
+1

I do this very rarely.

When I do the airplane is straight and level passing in front of me, and I hold my transmitter up and follow the airplane with it, so i can "just glance" at the transmitter then back to the airplane.

When I do this, which is rarely, I'm looking for one specific piece of information off the screen, and I know where to look on the screen to get it. I'm not scanning the screen.

Did I mention I do this only rarely?
kevinrc is offline Find More Posts by kevinrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:13 PM
Always trying to learn
United States, IL, Geneva
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrc View Post
+1

I do this very rarely.

When I do the airplane is straight and level passing in front of me, and I hold my transmitter up and follow the airplane with it, so i can "just glance" at the transmitter then back to the airplane.

When I do this, which is rarely, I'm looking for one specific piece of information off the screen, and I know where to look on the screen to get it. I'm not scanning the screen.

Did I mention I do this only rarely?
I hope you only do this rarely, it sounds risky.......
mejmea is offline Find More Posts by mejmea
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:40 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,532 Posts
Helicopter is easier. Put it into hover, have a look, continue. Or ask your wingman to check the telemetry
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:24 AM
Joined Aug 2012
30 Posts
or a Multicopter (Quad, Hexa, Octo) with GPS Put it into Hover and have a look or get some cool beer on Summer
DJBeatMaster is offline Find More Posts by DJBeatMaster
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:10 PM
Culpeper, VA
Joined Oct 2005
695 Posts
DX8 & DX18 Model transfer

SO just to be clear...I'm looking to upgrade from a DX7 to a DX8 or DX18. In the event that I went DX8, when/if the time came I upgraded to a DX18 I could NOT transfer my models from the DX8 (via SD card to the DX18) because the format that the information is flashed/saved to the SD card is different between the DX8 & the DX18? Is this true?
RC_Feen is offline Find More Posts by RC_Feen
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:23 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Feen View Post
SO just to be clear...I'm looking to upgrade from a DX7 to a DX8 or DX18. In the event that I went DX8, when/if the time came I upgraded to a DX18 I could NOT transfer my models from the DX8 (via SD card to the DX18) because the format that the information is flashed/saved to the SD card is different between the DX8 & the DX18? Is this true?
As a direct file swap from DX8 to DX18 that would be true.Once you have the hang of how the DX8 menus and programming work its not a huge monumental task to run through the menus and punch the settings in from one to the other.They both basically operate very similar.Possibly slight trim differences but very close if not the same.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:42 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
I heard a rumour yesterday(from a pretty reliable source) that there is a new 18 coming out!! Maybe just a hardware upgrade... With-in the next few weeks... I'm guessing it will be announced in Nuremberg.
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:00 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,828 Posts
... that would be a bummer for all those poor guys investing in the QQ.
But other than that, it would be logical (ref the discussion about the telemetry, usb etc).

EDIT: oh, wait, that will be the DX18SFL that Andy was talking about!
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:35 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,827 Posts
Your source probably ment to say new DX18 update, hasn't one been released for the DX10t?

Could be the new DX18FC
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:29 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife View Post
... that would be a bummer for all those poor guys investing in the QQ.
But other than that, it would be logical (ref the discussion about the telemetry, usb etc).

EDIT: oh, wait, that will be the DX18SFL that Andy was talking about!
No, not that, because then I'd have to work on that telemetry app you wanted and I promised as soon as the DX18SFL ships.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:52 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Feen View Post
That is true. We do not have a tool to transfer them. Fortunately most of the numbers come directly across, so you can copy from one to the other pretty easily.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:55 AM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

No, not that, because then I'd have to work on that telemetry app you wanted and I promised as soon as the DX18SFL ships.

Andy

Andy

Ugh -- I thought I was reading a bunch of joking around a few days ago; is this something for real?
jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:22 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,423 Posts
Not true, just kidding amongst ourselves. topgearuk started it, we're just running it in circles

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:53 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
Ugh -- I thought I was reading a bunch of joking around a few days ago; is this something for real?
DX18FC stands for DX18 FreeChip - it comes with buit in programmer.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:59 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,828 Posts
topgear! we need more info! hahahaha.
Call your source, meet in some shady parking lot, and let him spill his guts!
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife