HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:18 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
You can go to your community account and check the available updates.AFAIK v1.03 should be the current version.IIRC there were some RF performance mods in the last update.
Where could I find the "list" of what each update had in it, and what it was to do?

I have never been able to find what the updates are actually doing.
PropsnWings is online now Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:18 PM
Happy Habu Hustler
Joined May 2012
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-headcase View Post
Haven't updated my firmware since V 1.02 (US-247). Haven't received any emails notifying of updates but I'm sure there should have been. What are we installing now?

One thing I've had an issue with is a dramatic loss of radio range between my 18 and a pair of Spektrum 6100e receivers.
Airware 1.03 is current. One of the things it does is fix the range issue.
kevinrc is offline Find More Posts by kevinrc
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:19 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,380 Posts
Right under the Update button there's the link to
Download the Software Update Read Me file

The contain a list of Added Features, Corrections & Open Issues which most of the time is empty
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
Where could I find the "list" of what each update had in it, and what it was to do?
I have never been able to find what the updates are actually doing.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:20 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,476 Posts
One other question, and it maybe my brain isnt as good as it used to be, but how do you know which version of the update to download?

IE. Version 1.03 (EN/DE/FR) Or Version 1.03 (EN/IT)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:21 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Right under the Update button there's the link to
Download the Software Update Read Me file
Wow I feel kinda dumb.... lol Thanks !
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:23 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,380 Posts
Quote:
One other question, and it maybe my brain isnt as good as it used to be, but how do you know which version of the update to download?

Do you want your radio to have English,De??? & French or English and Italian?
There software Languages.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:25 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,873 Posts
Quote:

If you want the version with the languages ENglish, DEutsch, or FRancais then you download that one.

If you want ENglish or ITaliano then you pick that one.

And yes, I'm working on making the different files unnecessary, but it's not a quickie.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:27 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
If you want the version with the languages ENglish, DEutsch, or FRancais then you download that one.

If you want ENglish or ITaliano then you pick that one.

And yes, I'm working on making the different files unnecessary, but it's not a quickie.

Andy
Ok, I just got to thinking that maybe I should ask. This is what I assumed, as I was assuming both were the same update, but for different languages.

Thanks Freechip and Andy! I appreciate it.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PropsnWings; Jan 11, 2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:47 PM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,433 Posts
INH what?

Seems to work.

Most folks think re-binding is QED.

Not for a lot of my planes -- the RX isn't always easy to see or touch; let alone plug and unplug!
jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:54 PM
Multifaceted Heli Nut
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Oct 2004
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrc View Post
Airware 1.03 is current. One of the things it does is fix the range issue.
LOL!! I checked my folder of downloaded updates and there is the Oct 2012 ver 1.03 just waiting for me! Guess I've been somewhat distracted...

I'm going to perform a 'Before & After' test to see if going from AW 1.02 to 1.03 has any effect on range. But not feeling too confident as my range was perfectly okay with AW 1.02 and then it mysteriously wasn't.

I'll report back with my findings.

Thanks!
heli-headcase is offline Find More Posts by heli-headcase
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:57 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
INH what?<snip>
Inhibit the second LEL you don't want to see in the Servo monitor screen if thats what you ment when you said you could still see the second LEL.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:59 PM
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Jun 2006
1,227 Posts
For jrb, you other guys type to quick.... lol

Ah that's pretty easy to fix. Here's a pic of the "Data" port on my Comp-Arf which is also the bind port. Then there are the two ports in the black stripe on my 1/5 scale Mustang, look close as they are black as well. These two ports are actually charge ports for the batteries but the Data/Bind port looks just like 'em on it's on the other side of the model.

OR..... you can just plug a short extension into the port on the rx and leave it inside the model which is what I've done on several other models.
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:02 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
Too many oxen!

Maybe it's easier saying CH#?

Here's a shot w/2 LELs:

Guess it would be cool to be able to get CH9 back to being called AUX4?
I think they manual covered it, and I know I did at least once here before, but here goes:

There are channel input devices and channel output functions. In a default model, they pretty much are the same, and they have the same name.

Each channel output function gets a value from a channel input function, with perhaps some modifications made along the way (D/R, mixes, expo, etc.). When you get into more complex aircraft, you still have the same channel input devices, but the outputs get different names because they're doing something. There are only so many of them (10+8 in the DX18, 8 in the DX8, etc.)

In your case, the AUX4 output is being used by the Left Elevator function, which has taken control of the Aux4 device internally (note the caps difference). There is no AUX4 any more - it has become Left Elevator. If you want to use that receiver slot to handle a different device, you need to move that other device into the AUX4 receiver slot.
So you could have "AUX4: Aux2" on your screen. This would mean that the Aux2 functionality (specified on the other screen by "AUX2: E" or similar) would appear on the AUX4 receiver port.

Notice how I'm using caps? The all-uppercase items are receiver ports, the mixed-case items are internal functions. You can assign any function to any channel (except heli) but you only have 10 functions, and some of them get their names changed by the channel encoding process.

The key is, you only have 10 (+8 X-Plus) things you can put on receiver ports.

Hope that helps.

Andy

Previous explanations that might help:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post21962036
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post22637199
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post22715702
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post22715843
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:42 PM
Happy Habu Hustler
Joined May 2012
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-headcase View Post
I'm going to perform a 'Before & After' test to see if going from AW 1.02 to 1.03 has any effect on range. But not feeling too confident as my range was perfectly okay with AW 1.02 and then it mysteriously wasn't.
Before and After is good.

Since you didn't struggle through this and Minimog's threads you missed that an alarming decrease in effective range with AirWare 1.02 was reported by others.

Installing AirWare 1.03 fixed their range problem, and it may even fix yours.

kevinrc is offline Find More Posts by kevinrc
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:00 PM
Multifaceted Heli Nut
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Oct 2004
538 Posts
Grrrr......

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrc View Post
Before and After is good.

Since you didn't struggle through this and Minimog's threads you missed that an alarming decrease in effective range with AirWare 1.02 was reported by others.

Installing AirWare 1.03 fixed their range problem, and it may even fix yours.

What's that 'game show' buzzer sound effect indicating "You Lose!"?

I did my B&A test for range check distance and saw the exact 5-6ft range with both versions of AW. I first checked the AW 1.03 range before rebinding the receiver and then after the rebind. I will say the bind went easier (as was expected) after the 1.02 to 1.03 update as I no longer had to sit right on top of the receiver. Was ~2ft away (Tx-Rx) and bind went smoothly.

But there's still no long-term joy as Tx output acts low. Man, if my field-strength meter used on 27-72mHz radios was still useable on 2.4gHz... I have no field strength levels to use as reference.

This 18 needs to go back to Horizon. Is there anyone there I should contact or just go through the normal, consumer-level chain return process?

Thanks
heli-headcase is offline Find More Posts by heli-headcase