HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:20 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,080 Posts
You can also just get a Dual foam insert and get a after market case used for something else and turn it into a radio case.

freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:05 PM
LSF - IV
United States, TX, Highland Village
Joined Jan 2003
3,085 Posts
One for Andy or Sherman, or anyone really :)

Ok so I have a full house sailplane, a Supra. I began with Sherman's template but decided it was easier to start from scratch I'm taking the same general approach however I am not using a landing mode. Instead I have the flaps available at all times tied to the analog switchl. I have it 99% complete but I'm having one issue I just can't seem to sort out.

Here is the problem. I want to use LT and RT to adjust trailing edge of Ailerons and flaps via the P-mix. Problem is, I can only select LA, RA or RU. RF or LF does not show up as an option.

I've clearly done this myself. Something tells me it has to do with the camber system setup.

Dan in Dallas
Hostage-46 is offline Find More Posts by Hostage-46
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:29 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,080 Posts
Can you provide your SPM file to make it easier for some of us to find your issue.

Using a blank Sailplane Model Type with 2 ailerons and 2 flaps.
Going into mixing LAL,RAL,RFL & LFL are all selectable as Slave channel.

Unless I am missing what you are describing and why it would be nice to have SPM file.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:57 PM
LSF - IV
Joined Jan 2003
3,085 Posts
How do I post it? Is it just a text file?
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:19 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
You can also just get a Dual foam insert and get a after market case used for something else and turn it into a radio case.

THAT'S JUST WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR!!!. What case is this freechip? Where did you get the foam inserts at? I'll be tickled with that setup for my radio's. Thanks bud.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:28 PM
Always trying to learn
United States, IL, Geneva
Joined Feb 2011
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostage-46 View Post
How do I post it? Is it just a text file?
It is a text file but the forums allow you to upload the spm files directly so you don't need to do anything special, just upload it as is.
mejmea is online now Find More Posts by mejmea
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:06 PM
LSF - IV
Joined Jan 2003
3,085 Posts
Figured it out. I didn't have Flaps enabled for flight mode in the trim setup page. Once I did that it came up as available in the menu.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:27 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,080 Posts
Cool Glad you got it now. Anytime you have a question feel free to post or PM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:27 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post

Looks like james bond's case hahaha.
However, why would you want to bring 2 tx's to the field?

I still feel they should have made the screen bigger, and place it where you can look at it a little easier during flight.

And how much trouble could it be to make this thing speak up the telemetry via a earphone?

It's a nice device, but it's lacking a few thingies.
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:32 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,080 Posts
@ av8ersteve - Deluxe Double Transmitter Case Foam

Mine was from local hardware store long time ago but another member in another thread ask the same thing a day or two ago and a member posted this link for identical case.
18" x 12-3/4" x 6" Aluminum Case
Last edited by freechip; Jan 06, 2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:34 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife View Post
<snip However, why would you want to bring 2 tx's to the field? <snip> .
Buddy Box / Trainer System. I go to park, guy comes up to me and say WOW COOL. How hard is it to fly and I say want to try it? Connect second TX I always have when I go fly and put the plane in the air and then give control over to New Guy.

Two of these people are now rc flyers.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:48 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,774 Posts
Well.... you are being heroic there freechip! I can imagine you can people hooked that way hahaha.

Personally I try to minimize my load, do I only carry the nessecities. I have the 'upward' alu case, which can contain my Tx, a few lipo's, a few screwdrivers/tools, and a charger if must be. It's the only thing I bring outside of my plane.
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:17 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,080 Posts
You bring what you need and so do I. Everybody's needs are different.

I bring radio case, batts and plane. Sounds like I bring less then you but yet I can be out flying all day unless I crash
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:18 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife View Post
Well.... you are being heroic there freechip! I can imagine you can people hooked that way hahaha.

Personally I try to minimize my load, do I only carry the nessecities. I have the 'upward' alu case, which can contain my Tx, a few lipo's, a few screwdrivers/tools, and a charger if must be. It's the only thing I bring outside of my plane.
Yes, well, I try to minimize my "load," too, but I have Spektrum and Hitec receivers (horses for courses), so I must carry two!
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:24 PM
RC VIDEO ADDICT!
Georgia, USA
Joined Oct 2003
78 Posts
I tried searching this thread, but I don't seem too talented in thread searching.

Question:
I tried flying my new 50cc plane with the DX18 today using the DSMX reciever that came with the radio. I have only flown electric with this radio waiting to finish my new 3d machine. During range testing I could not get 21 paces from the model before it went haywire---IE---fail safe. Is this a common issue? Do I need to send it in? Radio was facing the model at the side and in front. I moved satellites and nothing changed. I tried range testing one of my electrics and got the same result (20 paces max).

I ended up binding the plane to another radio and did not have any problems range testing or flying the model.

Craig
psk560 is offline Find More Posts by psk560