SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:32 PM
USA, NH, Bedford
Joined Oct 2009
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
You take the models you are going to be flying first or sooner and transfer them manualy, then later when you have time you transfer the others.

Programming your new radio will have a positive affect, you will learn more about it.
Yea I know, I am glad I don't have an Ultra Stick 120 anymore. It was a tough 9303 program with flaps, crow, half and full ailerons, flap to elevator mix, rudder to elevator mix, whew! The Horizon guys were great and basically talked me through it, awesome service!
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:49 PM
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Mar 2009
249 Posts
GBRellic is offline Find More Posts by GBRellic
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:16 PM
Happy Habu Hustler
Joined May 2012
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Programming your new radio will have a positive affect, you will learn more about it.
What a lot of twaddle!

Programming the first model or two I learned about the radio, the other two dozen were pure drudgery.

I'd have been delighted to have a utility to take the things that stay the same and change them to the DX18 format. That would have allowed me to focus on the things that DO change.
kevinrc is offline Find More Posts by kevinrc
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:27 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,842 Posts
Create one model with the things that don't change and copy them to the next model and so on and so on.

Then edit each copied model for the things that are different. Kinda like creating a shortcut.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:46 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2008
1,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Please substitute "Fuh, Tah, Bah," for "badges:"

Don't be a hater Mr Swift, life is too short. Embrace the good in all.

Mike
Fig Jam is offline Find More Posts by Fig Jam
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:45 PM
LSF - IV
United States, TX, Highland Village
Joined Jan 2003
3,158 Posts
Back cover access

Uh is there a trick to opening this thing up? I pushed one of the tension adjustment covers though and into the case. I'd like to off the back but something is holding this thing together
Hostage-46 is offline Find More Posts by Hostage-46
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:47 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostage-46 View Post
Uh is there a trick to opening this thing up? I pushed one of the tension adjustment covers though and into the case. I'd like to off the back but something is holding this thing together
Did you take off the rubber grips? I believe that is in the manual.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:53 PM
LSF - IV
Joined Jan 2003
3,158 Posts
I did I'll RTFM
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:58 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,364 Posts
Make sure you remove the SD card... it will hold the back on , if it is still inserted... something I feel the manual should have listed, but I figured out when I had the similar issue.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:08 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2008
1,344 Posts
And unplug the battery.

Mike
Fig Jam is offline Find More Posts by Fig Jam
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:45 AM
LSF - IV
Joined Jan 2003
3,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
Make sure you remove the SD card... it will hold the back on , if it is still inserted... something I feel the manual should have listed, but I figured out when I had the similar issue.
Yep that was it.

While I had it open I did my little "sailplane pilot mod" . Ever see guys with a rubber band looped over the flap lever to hold it forward? I put mine internal which holds the throttle lever forward. Really helps for precise flap control in the landing pattern. These little rubber bands fit nicely, provide a nice consistent pull and last for years.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:48 AM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostage-46 View Post
Yep that was it.

While I had it open I did my little "sailplane pilot mod" . Ever see guys with a rubber band looped over the flap lever to hold it forward? I put mine internal which holds the throttle lever forward. Really helps for precise flap control in the landing pattern. These little rubber bands fit nicely, provide a nice consistent pull and last for years.
awesome !
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:27 AM
LSF - IV
Joined Jan 2003
3,158 Posts
Ok guys, I'm going in...

Using Sherman's guide and template I've changed mode switches a bit. Not using a landing mode. I'm looking at setup for trim of flaps and aileron. Mix 4 R trim to trim ailerons. When I select the box via the roller, I cannot change from Inhibit to Active.

Any ideas?
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:37 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,496 Posts
Got a picture?
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:51 AM
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined Aug 2011
1,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman View Post
Yea I know, I am glad I don't have an Ultra Stick 120 anymore. It was a tough 9303 program with flaps, crow, half and full ailerons, flap to elevator mix, rudder to elevator mix, whew! The Horizon guys were great and basically talked me through it, awesome service!
Just did that same setup on a scratch built stik...only took about 2 hours on the 18. This thing is amazingly easy to program. I added 3 different 3D modes as well as a panic switch to shut it all off...LOVE this radio!
sirzeppu is online now Find More Posts by sirzeppu