HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:19 AM
Always trying to learn
United States, IL, Geneva
Joined Feb 2011
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman View Post
Is there a way I can look at for example, a temperature probe after I land and see the temperature versus time for the flight (histogram)?
Not on the radio itself. You can with the STi device/app.
mejmea is offline Find More Posts by mejmea
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:10 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,896 Posts
The STi app has replay, you would be able to view the entire flight. If you are monitoring temps then you could see where and when temps rise and or lower.

With every update the STi app gets better and better.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:29 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,497 Posts
Or u can get the app from the log file format thread and use it to view graphs and stuff
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:18 AM
USA, NH, Bedford
Joined Oct 2009
424 Posts
Nice! That is something I can really use.
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:30 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
So if I just put it to say OVER 1%, then it would only have one or two little files, which are the segment markers, and one actual telemetry file.?
Yes. 1% is probably a bit low, unless you use Throttle Cut as your switch (which is what I've started doing myself, since I use T.C. on all my planes).

We put everything into one file on the card because it's much faster to open an existing file than to create a new one.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:23 AM
From Earth to the Moon!
Sacramento, Ca.
Joined Jul 2003
1,518 Posts
D/R & Expo = LOST! Help!

I can't for the life of me figure out how to work the D/R switch like I did on my DX8. If I assign a switch I can see the usual 0,1,2 positions, but if I try assigning values it either doesn't make a difference what position the switch is in or just goes to inhibit. I've gotten it to show the values I want with the curves several times, but when I get out of the menus and back in position 0 is back to INH!
VERY frustrating, especially since the manual has one paragraph and doesn't even mention the curve black/white boxes.
Please help!
Joe
albireo is offline Find More Posts by albireo
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:36 AM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
351 Posts
You have to make sure the box is black for position "0" then adjust that, then make postion "1" box black then adjust and so on with "2". Very odd way of doing things as in heli mode it works like on the DX8!!
rcpaintfx is online now Find More Posts by rcpaintfx
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:06 PM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,430 Posts
Hi Gents!

Thinking seriously about the 18 .

Probably missed it, hoping it can be done -- can you set up model configs on a PC and then transfer them to the DX18?

TIA,

Jim
jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:16 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
Hi Gents!

Probably missed it, hoping it can be done -- can you set up model configs on a PC and then transfer them to the DX18?

TIA,

Jim
Somebody was working on a third party program. Not sure how well it works. Look for Tx Profile Manager.

Some of have done some hand editiing.

But there is nothing "official" for PC
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:16 PM
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined Aug 2011
1,418 Posts
Quote:
Hi Gents!

TIA,

Jim
I think a 3rd party or 2 might be working on one. It would be a sweet ability...however doing it on the tx is so fluid and easy I am not sure there would be much time saved or ease-of-use added. I just used all 16 mixes on a fairly complicated wing set up and the entire process only took 2 hours from clean bind to all features working. That's pretty amazing to me. I have heard stories of much simpler set ups taking longer on other brands.
sirzeppu is online now Find More Posts by sirzeppu
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:18 PM
Always trying to learn
United States, IL, Geneva
Joined Feb 2011
652 Posts
Quote:
Hi Gents!

TIA,

Jim
The short answer is "no".

The program referenced by David allows viewing but I'm not sure that you can actually create, edit, and transfer. I believe the author of the program was recently (November-ish) trying to find someone else to take over future development because he was too busy to continue.

https://sites.google.com/site/txprofilemanager/
mejmea is offline Find More Posts by mejmea
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:48 PM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
544 Posts
Anyone tested the AR9020 that comes with the DX18 to see if it works with one or no satellite? I have access to one without sats.
Bugbitten is online now Find More Posts by Bugbitten
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: launch elevator
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:55 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,635 Posts
No, it needs both remote receivers.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:54 PM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
544 Posts
deleted - found relevent posts.
Bugbitten is online now Find More Posts by Bugbitten
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: launch elevator
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:28 PM
Joined Sep 2007
5 Posts
Andy. It's not apparent to me how I would get an equal function to what I had with the DX-8 with the one time past a particular throttle setting turning on the log. I set it to 25% and that way it only turns on after motor start and stays on even if I go to 0/idle. As far as I know with this setting the log only ends when I turn off the airplane and radio. With the DX18, if I set it to 25% it shuts off every time I drop under that. Is there an option I am not understanding?

Also just want to say that I'm loving both the DX8 and the 18. Using the throttle cut switch is an excellent idea as well... I ALWAYS have a cut set up. Sometimes using the actual TCut function and sometimes using a throttle curve (all my electrics are done that way). Always on the same switch too so all planes use the same "safe" switch. I may just start starting/stopping my Telemetry this way in any case.
jsallade is offline Find More Posts by jsallade