SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:39 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,307 Posts
The short cut is Back&Clear button to change model, then change back to original model.

The DX18QQ has another method available.
Quote:
Direct Access to System Settings
Switch between Function List and System Settings menus without having to power off the transmitter
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:39 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,751 Posts
No, only in the DX18QQ.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:47 AM
USA, NH, Bedford
Joined Oct 2009
424 Posts
The day I bought the normal DX-18 the QQ came out. Now, I can do without the bling (totally) and the case (I much prefer a Pelican case), but the ability to update the firmware was a major reason I bought it.
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Last edited by ghoffman; Dec 31, 2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:02 PM
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Aug 2008
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman View Post
The day I bought the normal DX-18 the QQ came out. Now, I can do without the bling (totally) and the case (I much prefer a Pelican case), but the ability to update the firmware was a major reason I bought it.
So what is stopping you from upgrading the firmware?
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:34 PM
USA, NH, Bedford
Joined Oct 2009
424 Posts
When Specktrum has an upgrade that does something, I will. The last one I am aware of is the Version 1.03, October 8, 2012.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:47 PM
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Aug 2008
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoffman View Post
When Specktrum has an upgrade that does something, I will. The last one I am aware of is the Version 1.03, October 8, 2012.
That makes sense. It's just that the wording of your post made it sound as if you believed there wouldn't be anymore upgrades for the DX18.
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Sep 2007
5 Posts
Telem file always shows a "bunch" of logs... what's up?

Hi, I have both a DX8 and DX18. I recently got my DX8 working to give me a nice continuous log (TLM) file for a flight by setting the logging to turn on when I advanced throttle to 25% by setting Start: Throttle 1-Time and Pos: 25%. I want to do the same thing on my DX18 but it doesn't seem to have the same options. I can set for throttle above a percentage but I presume if I drop under that it turns the logging off again? In any case, every time I try to download my log file it gives me a long list of logs and none of them appear to have any useful data in them. I have the GPS module (only) in this model and it doesn't seem to show anything on that page on my ipad.... and gives me choices for sensors that don't exist... but nothing for GPS. I'm confused why I get all these seperate files... Any help appreciated.

OK, so I just tried again. Set it to a slider where I could better control the on and off. Also deleted the file off the card before I put it back in the radio and.... IT WORKED! I have no idea why any of that would matter... maybe I used the same SD in both my DX8 and DX18.... very likely, but not sure if that would/should matter. Anyway, wish I could find the option I used on the DX8 to start it with throttle 1 time above 25%... maybe that is what it means but it's not as clear as the verbiage in the DX8.
jsallade is offline Find More Posts by jsallade
Last edited by jsallade; Dec 31, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:34 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,751 Posts
All those little bits and pieces were caused by starting and stopping the throttle. You can hear it click every time the log file starts and stops.

You can also use a switch if you want. It will be "on" in either position 1 or 2, and always off in pos 0. You don't need to use a slider, but you can if you want.

One Time means that it gets one start of the file per flight, as you figured it out.

The DX18 allows you to have more control over the way it works. The telemetry control stuff inside the DX8 uses the exact same variables as it does in the DX18 (it's actually the same code for them), but you don't get the ability to fine-tune them in the DX8. You can create exactly the same operation in the DX18 by selecting the correct options. The DX8 has "canned" options that just fill in the same control variables wth pre-defined settings.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:35 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,685 Posts
I ended up with the same thing and wondered if I just selected Enabled: Yes, without selecting any "Start" entry would it just start logging when it was turned on and continue until it was turned off and make just one file? Never tried it though.
davidmc36 is offline Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:35 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,751 Posts
It only ever makes one file.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:43 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

One Time means that it gets one start of the file per flight, as you figured it out.
Do you mean you have to change your throttle activated timer from One Time: Inhibit to One Time: Active to stop the throttle activated telemetry file from making all the little files?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:43 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
It only ever makes one file.

Andy
So what are all the little ones?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:50 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
So what are all the little ones?
They are short blips of the telemetry being active (switch on) vs. inactive (switch off). When you blip the throttle, it stores a chunk of telemetry as it goes above/below the throttle position. The little files are how the STi shows the segments that are within the big file SPEKTRUM.TLM.

Quote:
Do you mean you have to change your throttle activated timer from One Time: Inhibit to One Time: Active to stop the throttle activated telemetry file from making all the little files?
Or better yet, adjust the throttle point to somewhere that you aren't constantly going thru, or use a different switch to activate logging. The little pieces are because of having an improper turn-on value for the throttle for that aircraft.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:07 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,685 Posts
So if I just put it to say OVER 1%, then it would only have one or two little files, which are the segment markers, and one actual telemetry file.?
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:12 AM
USA, NH, Bedford
Joined Oct 2009
424 Posts
Is there a way I can look at for example, a temperature probe after I land and see the temperature versus time for the flight (histogram)?