Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:45 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Another way to prevent this would be to confirm an account when you register. Kinda like what certain online services do. For example if one was to need to provide a phone number and that the registering process calls this number and voices an ID number which you need to enter in order to complete the registration.

Phone numbers are a bit harder to produce. One would think twice before taking part in activity that could get you banned. Another online service requires a credit card # and makes two or more deposit in the account which you then need to confirm the amount deposited.

All this to say there are means of preventing this but it means we're ALL affected, it should never get to this point where we're all affect when all we have to do is stop responding to these members.

All the more reason why one day these threads here will become more available.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post22032412

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1678995
I almost missed this post freechip. Those are excellent ideas. would not be surprised if it came to fruition next year or two.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:08 PM
Joined Jul 2011
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
If you like pm me and I will send you a link of his scrambler. No lil black box needed. Nor does he simply reset his modem. He went thru this his first year in and it got him no where fast, as mods fast became hip to the very similar I.p address at hand. He is now using one that will show him in an altogether different state. Out of all ppl in heli sites, I know him best. He and I go way way back in Hf and RR. One can say I take joy in pulling his covers.
That's not a "scrambler", it's an anonymization service where your traffic goes through someone else's computer so it looks like it isn't you.
jsipprell is offline Find More Posts by jsipprell
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsipprell View Post
That's not a "scrambler", it's an anonymization service where your traffic goes through someone else's computer so it looks like it isn't you.
Exactly. It's called a proxy and, unfortunately, they're very hard to trace since it can look like it's coming from anywhere and it's very easily changed. IP "scrambler" is a completely nonsensical and idiotic term.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:36 PM
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Jun 2006
1,166 Posts
Okay back to our regularly scheduled program.... lol

Don't have my radio in front of me but curious about the easiest wayt to add just a high rate rudder deflection? I could use some more rudder on landing and takeoff with the Warbirds as well as the electric F3A model. Will this radio do a single surface/control e.g. the rudder, dual rate inside a FM like a Futaba or do I need to use another FM?

Next one would be the throttle cut; outside of a heli on an electric powered model (that new F3A model could do some serious damage if it happened to light up as it was plugged in...) is there some reason you need to go to that minus 137 or whatever it is as opposed to just kicking down the throttle travel to zip?

Thanks in advance!
Zeeb is online now Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:51 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,214 Posts
The -130% throttle cut is based on throttle lowest position along with trim in the lowest position (30%) Trims.

If you have throttle setup with zero trim then TC value will be 30% so as long as when you have your throttle stick in the lowest position, TC does not cause it to go lower. This is only an issue when using esc's that learn low throttle on start up. This would result in the motor/prop starting up when TC is disengage even if the throttle stick is in e lowest position.

Something we (brother & I) found out using his Futaba radio and CC esc.

As for the first thing you talk about, not having my radio in front of me also the only thing I can suggest to you right now is a rudder > rudder mix based on your F.Mode switch position.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:18 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsipprell View Post
I stand corrected. However i cant even pronounce anonymization . Can i still call it a scrambler ? ha
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Jul 2011
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
I stand corrected. However i cant even pronounce anonymization . Can i still call it a scrambler ? ha
I did disclaim that I was being a bit pedantic.

Call it a proxy, that's the technical name as someone pointed out (although that refers more to the computer he is "bouncing" through rather than the service he is using).
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Jul 2011
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Unfotunately, it's all too easy with an ISP that uses dynamic IP addresses. It's as simple as power cycling/rebooting the modem. When it restarts, it pulls down a new IP address so no waiting "weeks" at a time. Even MAC addresses can be changed. Then, there are proxies, but those are not IP "scramblers". Not even close.
Power cycling your modem will do jack on most broadband services, dhcp servers always try to reuse the same ip w/ the same mac when possible. Some providers lock down provisioning by mac address or have a timeout before a new cpe mac can be associated with your provisioning, so no, it's not always possible to change your mac.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:56 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
The -130% throttle cut is based on throttle lowest position along with trim in the lowest position (30%) Trims.

If you have throttle setup with zero trim then TC value will be 30% so as long as when you have your throttle stick in the lowest position, TC does not cause it to go lower. This is only an issue when using esc's that learn low throttle on start up. This would result in the motor/prop starting up when TC is disengage even if the throttle stick is in e lowest position.

Something we (brother & I) found out using his Futaba radio and CC esc.

As for the first thing you talk about, not having my radio in front of me also the only thing I can suggest to you right now is a rudder > rudder mix based on your F.Mode switch position.
Okay will have to tinker with it a bit more, I don't have it here as a friend is helping put together the F3A model and has the radio.

Seems to me like setting the throttle travel to zip on the little EFlite stuff on my foamies worked well but I ran into issues trying that with the throttle hold function for my little TRex 450; too low and it'd just drop out of the sky, too high and it spooled up as soon as you cycled the switch so the ESC would arm. It's a CC as well but the F3A model has a Jeti/Hacker Master Spin Pro 99 Opto ESC and I haven't got a clue about that puppy yet....

As for the rudder it seems like I tried to setup a rudder/rudder mix for the little Mustang and couldn't get it to work on just one flight mode? The F3A will need the higher deflection for torque turns (or hammerheads as you prefer) and I really hate to flip the FM switch and get all three axis controls working just to get some more rudder deflection for one turn.

edit info:

On further reflection it might have been my 12X that I was tinkering with for the rudder/rudder mix on the Mustang, this 'gettin old and the memory fading away is just the pits.... lol
Last edited by Zeeb; Oct 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:49 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,214 Posts
When you create mixes you can easily set them to use Flight Mode and or the same switch as your F.Mode.

I know I have a setup or two that has similar functions setup. You can with this radio for sure.
Have fun.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:42 AM
Joined Jan 2006
55 Posts
This thread has become very disappointing to say the least. I have just read 30 pages of mostly crap. Thank you to the guys that have spent their time giving great information and a special thanks to Andy for sparing his time with expert advise but I am done reading this thread.

Rehashing old crap over and over is wasting people's valuable time. You have truly ruined a valuable source of information.

Extremely disappointed!

Dale
dale69101 is offline Find More Posts by dale69101
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:50 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Okay will have to tinker with it a bit more, I don't have it here as a friend is helping put together the F3A model and has the radio.

Seems to me like setting the throttle travel to zip on the little EFlite stuff on my foamies worked well but I ran into issues trying that with the throttle hold function for my little TRex 450; too low and it'd just drop out of the sky, too high and it spooled up as soon as you cycled the switch so the ESC would arm. It's a CC as well but the F3A model has a Jeti/Hacker Master Spin Pro 99 Opto ESC and I haven't got a clue about that puppy yet....

As for the rudder it seems like I tried to setup a rudder/rudder mix for the little Mustang and couldn't get it to work on just one flight mode? The F3A will need the higher deflection for torque turns (or hammerheads as you prefer) and I really hate to flip the FM switch and get all three axis controls working just to get some more rudder deflection for one turn.

edit info:

On further reflection it might have been my 12X that I was tinkering with for the rudder/rudder mix on the Mustang, this 'gettin old and the memory fading away is just the pits.... lol
A switch flipper ?
you are going to be a switch flipper ?
Try an expo with some curve in it for the rudder and learn to fly without the flippin-
I have to watch Guy - he was fallin into the switch flip camp---
I think it's the company he is keepin.
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:00 AM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,477 Posts
Has there been any reports of the roller rotary switch failing ?
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:08 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
Has there been any reports of the roller rotary switch failing ?
Don't think so, when you use it properly meaning rolling at one end and clicking at the other end it should pretty much last for ever.

The rubberised coating on it is great, first thing I am going to do to my DX8 when it becomes available as replacement part or something is replace it with the rubber coated one.

I tried Plasti-Dip'ing the stock DX8 roller but did not like the finish. Wasn't as nice as the DX18.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
A switch flipper ?
you are going to be a switch flipper ?
Try an expo with some curve in it for the rudder and learn to fly without the flippin-
I have to watch Guy - he was fallin into the switch flip camp---
I think it's the company he is keepin.
Yeah I KNOW how you feel about this and I'm 'sorta keeping the same company.... lol

It's Darin and Andrew putting the thing together for me and Darin asked me to think about whether or not I wanted to flip switches and if so, which one does what and how to set it up.

Right now I only flip a couple of switches occasionally but at least initially I'll probably setup something like Darin does....