SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
This response proves what your intentions here are. Because if you pay attention to the time stamp of your post and mine I was in the process of typing when you reponded and saying to drop it.

Can't drop it when I did not see your post.
But now that I have of course I will comply and go one step more.
Ignore seems to work for others so I guess I will follow what some have already done.

It's a shame it turned out like this. Hope it works out for you.

BTW: that post was not for you but for LoneWolfRC
Doesn't matter for whom the issue related post was intended since you continued it, but thanks for the "hope" on the TX.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:23 PM
Dave Raines
Cincinnati, OH
Joined Aug 2004
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
He knows he is being watched extremely close by Jim graham.
Is it possible to prevent previously banned members from rejoining under a different name by filtering the IP?
Lemmiwinks is offline Find More Posts by Lemmiwinks
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
Is it possible to prevent previously banned members from rejoining under a different name by filtering the IP?
That would be a great idea but, unfortunately, there are too many easy ways around that.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:05 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
He uses an i.p scrambler. He admitted to it over in a HF thread about 3 months ago. His shill acct's only seem to last about 2 months. But then again its almost pointless as he is back within 3 hours with yet another sock acct. For the most part he only post's in the same 4 threads in all heli sites, And ppl just brush him off knowing what he truly is. It's best to let fellow hobbyist know not to do any side business with him. What he does to HH is also is M.O with pay pal. People know of him well in HF. I figure one day he may run out of e-mail addresses to use.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Jul 2011
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
He uses an i.p scrambler.
While there are ways to anonymize your internet traffic, there is no way to "scramble" your IP address. I realize it's a bit pedantic, but it's important to limit the spread of disinformation. The term "IP scrambler" invokes images of little black boxes which scramble your signal and somehow make you untraceable -- something that is pure fiction.

(Also, almost all consumer internet services use dynamic IPs meaning a user's IP can change from day to day, even though, for some services, it often doesn't for weeks at a time. That's the primary reason you cannot effectively block someone by IP.)
jsipprell is offline Find More Posts by jsipprell
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsipprell View Post
While there are ways to anonymize your internet traffic, there is no way to "scramble" your IP address. I realize it's a bit pedantic, but it's important to limit the spread of disinformation. The term "IP scrambler" invokes images of little black boxes which scramble your signal and somehow make you untraceable -- something that is pure fiction.

(Also, almost all consumer internet services use dynamic IPs meaning a user's IP can change from day to day, even though, for some services, it often doesn't for weeks at a time. That's the primary reason you cannot effectively block someone by IP.)
Unfotunately, it's all too easy with an ISP that uses dynamic IP addresses. It's as simple as power cycling/rebooting the modem. When it restarts, it pulls down a new IP address so no waiting "weeks" at a time. Even MAC addresses can be changed. Then, there are proxies, but those are not IP "scramblers". Not even close.

I do find it odd that post #3649 references a certain user and all sorts of shill accounts (here and otherwise), yet he's only been here since August. A whole two months. Sure seems like his "knowledge" of this forum greatly predates his join date and we all know what that means. Hmmm...
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:48 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,347 Posts
Another way to prevent this would be to confirm an account when you register. Kinda like what certain online services do. For example if one was to need to provide a phone number and that the registering process calls this number and voices an ID number which you need to enter in order to complete the registration.

Phone numbers are a bit harder to produce. One would think twice before taking part in activity that could get you banned. Another online service requires a credit card # and makes two or more deposit in the account which you then need to confirm the amount deposited.

All this to say there are means of preventing this but it means we're ALL affected, it should never get to this point where we're all affect when all we have to do is stop responding to these members.

All the more reason why one day these threads here will become more available.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post22032412

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1678995
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Another way to prevent this would be to confirm an account when you register.
Excellent idea, but...

Quote:
All this to say there are means of preventing this but it means we're ALL affected, it should never get to this point where we're all affect when all we have to do is stop responding to these members.
...therein lies the rub...
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:52 PM
Sherman Knight
Kirkland Washington
Joined Feb 2002
1,042 Posts
About Carvnation

I am going to unsubscribe from this thread until the Carvnation is restricted from using this thread. He is not worth the headache or the time lost. Would someone please ping me when he is gone so I can re-subscribe.

Thanks

Sherman Knight
duworm is offline Find More Posts by duworm
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:58 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,347 Posts
In the mean time you can subscribe to this one.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1678995
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:04 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Holy wall of text post, Batman! You are putting WAY too much effort into something that in no way affects you. But, um, thank you for your "interest"?
Nah not much effort at all...I read all those posts so I know where your stories contradict themselves.

I would say it probably takes much more effort to pretend you own a product with fictional issues while chasing good members around trying to annoy them.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:19 PM
What tree??.......Doh!!
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
758 Posts
For whatever reason(s), I don't think he likes Horizon. It seems in all other threads he frequents, he likes to offer advice that essentially suggests to "stick it to em" ("em" being Horizon).

Those actions in itself are visual examples of what everyone defines a "forum troll" as...
Smokin_Joes is offline Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:20 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsipprell View Post

If you like pm me and I will send you a link of his scrambler. No lil black box needed. Nor does he simply reset his modem. He went thru this his first year in and it got him no where fast, as mods fast became hip to the very similar I.p address at hand. He is now using one that will show him in an altogether different state. Out of all ppl in heli sites, I know him best. He and I go way way back in Hf and RR. One can say I take joy in pulling his covers.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Gotta love the guys in this forum that haven't even made a single, actual DX18 related post.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:30 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin_Joes View Post
For whatever reason(s), I don't think he likes Horizon. It seems in all other threads he frequents, he likes to offer advice that essentially suggests to "stick it to em" ("em" being Horizon).

Those actions in itself are visual examples of what everyone defines a "forum troll" as...
I agree with you on that. always kind of baffled me why he only flys HH products, then turns around and bad mouths andy and hh products. He takes advantage of hh customer service And often chases what he can get for free with a complaint. ( makes perfect sense why he has never flown align now..ha ) He did this with his first plane two years ago " the champ" same with batteries, then it was the 130x, And now on to tx's. And this is only HH. Pay pal is another story....p.s easy with the rolls eye's emo skidder87..Thats yet another calling card of yours.