geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
Smokin_Joes is offline Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:09 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,102 Posts
@ FlyingKiwi22 - Yes, SPM files aren't interchangable between radios.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:15 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
I sent it back about 2.5-3 weeks ago and have heard nothing from Horizon other than it's been "checked-in" on their product support page. .
So if you got it back yesterday that puts us at what 10/4-10/8 sending your dx18 back in right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Record keeping might not be perfect anywhere you go, but do you think these guys can't remember if they fixed a gimbal on a DX18 within the last few days? Yeah, right. They're a heck of a lot smarter than that.

Andy
Andy you guys need to get your act together over there If the service crew only did one service on dx18 Gimbals, clearly the service guy meant to write down mid October for completion rather than early September.

This is obviously a simple typo when trying to spell out MID OCTOBER he wrote EARLY SEPTEMBER and predated the work order by mistake as well. If he used Apple auto-correct this mistake is made even easier.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:22 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,102 Posts
Or maybe the mistake is US listening to him.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:27 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
You got a radio repaired for free when you weren't the original purchaser, and you are also willing to sell a hypothetically "acting up" radio to an unsuspecting fellow RCer?

It is becoming increasingly difficult to believe you.

I for one resent people who aren't straight forward with vendors.

Seeking warranty repair for a radio that wasn't covered under the clear terms of the warranty due to you being the second owner, and not disclosing that you were the second owner to horizon hobbies/spektrum, just makes products more expensive for the rest of us.

Spektrum should be congratulated for A. participating on the forums and B. standing behind their warranty as well as seeking to make improvements.

I do not appreciate fellow RC modelers/RC pilots who take this kind of advantage of vendors.

It eventually leads to vendors distrusting customers, and higher prices.
I hear ya lone wolf. And i agree with you 100%. I have known this clown for going on two years in other heli forums. What you have seen so far is only the tip of the iceberg with all his shill accts. screwing company's over, Selling off faulty products to other fellow hobbyist ect... He knows he is being watched extremely close by Jim graham. Hence his good behavior. To truly see his character check out names. sertav, sviking, kokopelli, Skidder87
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:19 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
I have heard that a leopard can't change it's spots. It will always be a leopard no matter what.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:55 AM
United Kingdom, England, Clevedon
Joined Jun 2007
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
@ FlyingKiwi22 - Yes, SPM files aren't interchangable between radios.
Thank you ! Kinda what I didn't want to hear but thank you all the same
FlyingKiwi22 is online now Find More Posts by FlyingKiwi22
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Seeking warranty repair for a radio that wasn't covered under the clear terms of the warranty due to you being the second owner, and not disclosing that you were the second owner to horizon hobbies/spektrum, just makes products more expensive for the rest of us.
Explain the highly incorrect part in bold. The radio needed repair. Period. Who sent a virtually brand new TX (<1 month old) back does not matter, nor does it "make products more expensive". Had HH got it right from the beginning, there would be no need for return. So, in effect, "they" made it more expensive via shoddy construction.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:21 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,346 Posts
Quote:
Explain the highly incorrect part in bold. The radio needed repair. Period. Who sent a virtually brand new TX (<1 month old) back does not matter, nor does it "make products more expensive". Had HH got it right from the beginning, there would be no need for return. So, in effect, "they" made it more expensive via shoddy construction.
So you got a dx18 right at the beginning of October, that was brand new and had to send it in within a few days? How did yours break I don't recall if you said what happened?
I am also still curious how long HH's turn around was, when did you send it in?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:27 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
So you got a dx18 right at the beginning of October, that was brand new and had to send it in within a few days? How did yours break I don't recall if you said what happened?
I am also still curious how long HH's turn around was, when did you send it in?
Long story that's right here in this thread.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:38 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,346 Posts
Quote:
Long story that's right here in this thread.
no i dont think you said any answers of the q's above. The only thing you said is HH had your radio for 2-3 weeks..or that it had been gone for that long. Though I do recall reading it seemed you implied that they had had it for the 2-3 weeks...which is a long time if they did. So how did it break and when did you send it back?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:43 AM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Jun 2012
51 Posts
Busted.....
Mmmmmm what's that funny smell??..............B******t
digger951 is offline Find More Posts by digger951
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:45 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,102 Posts
It's not his radio. It's his buddy's who kept it registered in his name. So he's the one that sent it. He sold it to crv for a good price so he says but the more this member speaks the more the story becomes clear as mud.

It was hard to believe anything he posted with his past accounts and it still is with this account.

At the end of the day this member does not need any of our attention, it only promotes is useless postings.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:51 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
no i dont think you said any answers of the q's above. The only thing you said is HH had your radio for 2-3 weeks..or that it had been gone for that long. Though I do recall reading it seemed you implied that they had had it for the 2-3 weeks...which is a long time if they did. So how did it break and when did you send it back?
Go back and read. Not going to rehash it again and I'm sure everyone else is in agreement with that. If not? Don't care. They can go back and read if they're really that interested.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:54 AM
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Jun 2006
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
At the end of the day this member does not need any of our attention, it only promotes is useless postings.
No, it helps me remember how to find the "ignore" function on this forum...
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb