SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:35 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,376 Posts
Considering how few radios are here, and how fewer are DX18's, and how long they've been here, and what the return complaint is (bad gimbal - that's VERY unique), it would be pretty easy to narrow it down to 1 person in about 10 seconds by scanning the incoming shelf.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Considering how few radios are here, and how fewer are DX18's, and how long they've been here, and what the return complaint is (bad gimbal - that's VERY unique), it would be pretty easy to narrow it down to 1 person in about 10 seconds by scanning the incoming shelf.

Andy
Go for it. I never said I bought it new. It's registered to the guy who had it for a week or two and decided it was too much radio and sold it to me at a great discount. It went back under his registration info since I never got around to having him cancel his registration so I could re-register it. It will return to his address. No biggie as he's fairly local. In fact, he emailed me the latest update at the time as an attachment. Worked like a charm.

But, then again, you said you guys don't do "childish" things like that, right?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3547
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Last edited by crvnation; Oct 25, 2012 at 05:10 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:11 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,739 Posts
Easy ther skidder87. Andy's job means more to him then leaking out info. Nice post change up by the way. ha
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:21 PM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Go for it. I never said I bought it new. It's registered to the guy who had it for a week or two and decided it was too much radio and sold it to me at a great discount. It went back under his registration info since I never got around to having him cancel his registration so I could re-register it. It will return to his address. No biggie as he's fairly local. In fact, he emailed me the latest update at the time as an attachment. Worked like a charm.
I'd expect a bill.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:26 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
I'd expect a bill.
Being that HH's customer service is second to none I wouldn't think so but I have been billed when I didn't think I was going to get one.

The original owner should de-register the radio being he doesn't have it anymore but there is nothing I can do to change this, it's a shame people aren't more vigilent with there stuff.

Even in CRV's side of it, if I was the owner of this used radio I would make sure the original owner de-register it so I could register it properly to my name.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
I'd expect a bill.
He still "owns" the radio. Good luck on them proving it otherwise. If they do try billing, fine... He's still within his return/refund window anyway from the original point of purchase, which was not Horizon.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Even in CRV's side of it, if I was the owner of this used radio I would make sure the original owner de-register it so I could register it properly to my name.
And potentially (per HH's terms) have no warranty? That's precisely why I didn't have him de-register it. It was just easier to package it up, give it back to him and let him mail it in to avoid any potential warranty issues. I did pay the postage.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:29 PM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,522 Posts
Quote:
He still "owns" the radio. Good luck on them proving it otherwise. If they do try billing, fine... He's still within his return/refund window anyway from the original point of purchase, which was not Horizon.
So you're saying he "sold" it to you at a great loss instead of returning it to the vendor who would have given him all of his money back?

Got it.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:33 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
So you're saying he "sold" it to you at a great loss instead of returning it to the vendor who would have given him all of his money back?

Got it.
Absolutely. That's what friends do when he decided it was way more than he needed. He knew I was looking for one and knocked a hundred bucks off. Is that really so hard to understand? Happens all the time. "Great discount" to me, which is what I actually said <> "great loss" for him.

Besides, he would have had to return it via mail to his point of purchase anyway. So, less $100, I take it off his hands and he's done with it. Well, at the time before this BS...
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:36 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,658 Posts
And others would of paid the extra 100$ to get a brand new radio instead of a used one.

To each his own. hope that arrangement works out for you.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:41 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
And others would of paid the extra 100$ to get a brand new radio instead of a used one.
A whole week old "used" radio that had never even flown a single thing...for $100 off? Sold! The only things handled were the TX and charger as everything else was all still bundled up nice and neatly when I got it and I saw the radio when he first purchased it. That's how he knew I wanted one. No delivery wait time, either.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:20 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,739 Posts
Quote:
This all reminds me of skidder87 when he kept asking HH to replace what he said were bad batteries. Only to take advantage of HH's Good ethics and recieve new ones at no charge.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:33 PM
Always trying to learn
United States, IL, Batavia
Joined Feb 2011
685 Posts
fraud/frd/

Noun:
  • Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
mejmea is offline Find More Posts by mejmea
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:34 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejmea View Post
fraud/frd/

Noun:
  • Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
+1...that is exactly skidder87, kokopelli, sertav's M.O
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejmea View Post
fraud/frd/

Noun:
No, simply ensuring they do what they should do anyway, warranty issues or not. Try again.