SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
@ crvnation - You can easily reproduce it if you set everything right according to the information he provided. It will be much better for you since you will see it first hand.

If you don't have all the components needed to reproduce it then why so interested?
Never understood why some people are so interested in issues that don't even affect them, why go looking for them if it doesn't affect you.

Just curious.
You do not know what I have or don't have, so don't be so presumptuous. However, my DX18 is back at Horizon and that's why I wanted to see his video in the meantime.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:09 AM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,516 Posts
nevermind
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Oct 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:10 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,585 Posts
Presumptuous, not at all. Was just curious why you were asking for video. All you had to say was your DX18 was in the shop.

If your radio is in the shop then my comment about not having all the components is still pretty accurate.

If you get it back before the fix, just INH modulation in your preflight check list if you use it along with special telemetry alarm conditions.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:17 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Presumptuous, not at all. Was just curious why you were asking for video. All you had to say was your DX18 was in the shop.
I have. At least three times, now, in this thread already. And, I do OWN the said "component".
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:21 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
I have. At least three times, now, in this thread already. And, I do OWN the said "component".
DO NOT CONFUSE YOUR CURRENT ACCOUNT WITH YOUR PAST BANNED ACCOUNTS.

Please provided the link to the 3 posts in THIS THREAD where you mention your DX18 at HH for service.

Quick use of the search option for this thread shows only 6 posts at this time from you, NONE OF which even say you have one and its in for service.

Here's the search result if it helps
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...7046681&query=
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:38 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:

Please provided the link to the 3 posts in THIS THREAD where you mention your DX18 at HH for service.

Quick use of the search option for this thread shows only 6 posts at this time from you, NONE OF which even say you have one and its in for service.

Here's the search result if it helps
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...7046681&query=
Settle down and quit making baseless accusations you cannot prove.

I only referenced it twice in this thread and once in another. Post #3515 and #3526, here. Then you quoted me and I said I'd mentioned it three times, so that includes the aforementioned #3526. Okay, so I only mentioned it twice. Your search skills suck, especially since you said I NEVER mentioned it.

The other time was in the "Futaba Spektrum must be made in China" thread. Post #24
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:42 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,208 Posts
Quote:
So why are you responding to him? ...

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
So why are you responding to him? ...

Andy
Trying to sort out your company's buggy equipment issues.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:51 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,585 Posts
Quote:
Actually, I'd appreciate it if you did make a video. I'd like to see that for myself. I'll have to check when I get my DX18 back. If I don't just up and sell it first, that is.
That's the ONLY time you posted not having your DX18, it also makes no mentioned as to why you don't have it. But anyways at least now it's clear.

When did you send it? Can I ask since you did not mention it in this thread.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
That's the ONLY time you posted not having your DX18, it also makes no mentioned as to why you don't have it. But anyways at least now it's clear.
No, it's not. I mentioned it twice before you quoted me saying I'd never mentioned it all in this thread. I provided you the posts. And, work on your search skills because you couldn't even find a single post, yet alone two.

Quote:
When did you send it? Can I ask since you did not mention it in this thread.
Why do you care? Either it gets fixed or not. You knowing when I sent it in has no bearing on anything.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:57 AM
Always trying to learn
United States, IL, Batavia
Joined Feb 2011
682 Posts
Quote:
I have pre-flight on one of my setup but being that I think the pre-flight is a safety thing I also have it setup where the radio does not transmit until my pre-flight is done.

It's a small list of settings selected that if you do will trigger an issue since the radio is trying to show both alarms/warnings at the same time.

I am sure now that Andy is aware of it it will get the proper attention but in the mean time the easy fix is to INH modulation. Radio and telemetry will only be transmitted once the check list is completly.

This way you still have your check list and telemetry alarm.
Setting the alarm issue aside, I use the checklist a safety thing also but have debated whether or not to enable or inhibit transmit. If I want to have things like "Check control directions" and "Range Check" on the list and actually perform them while still on the list screen then it has to be enabled. On the other hand, enabling it does potentially diminish the safety aspect of having such a list. I don't really see a way around that short of having a checklist item that could enable transmit when you check it (but then you still don't go to the main screen until you then finish the last few items that require transmit to be on). I'm not suggesting this is a shortcoming or even an idea worthy of putting on the wish list (well, ok maybe the wish list ) but it is an interesting internal debate.

Edit: Yes, I know you have to be out of the checklist anyway to do a range check so scratch that one, but checking control directions would still be good. Or maybe a "hard" checklist item for range check that allows it to be enabled within the checklist? For now I just put both "Check control directions" and "Range check" at the end of the list and try not to get distracted between completing the list and doing those subsequent tasks.
mejmea is offline Find More Posts by mejmea
Last edited by mejmea; Oct 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:11 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,585 Posts
Quote:
No, it's not. I mentioned it twice before you quoted me saying I'd never mentioned it all in this thread. I provided you the posts. And, work on your search skills because you couldn't even find a single post, yet alone two. Why do you care? Either it gets fixed or not. You knowing when I sent it in has no bearing on anything.
Knowing when it was sent gives us (the readers of this thread) and the member you keep asking him to post a video an idea how long before you get yours back and can test it yourself like I did.

I rather see it first hand then see a video, many times a video won't show everything.

But it's all good, if he posts a video for you and others then thats up to him. It still won't impact how HH goes about it fixing it and or when they would fix it.

I will just remind you that when you do get it back and if this is an issue for you you can easily work around it. But I know many don't like to work around something and demand it gets fixed right away.

Good luck with your radio when it comes back from HH. Hope it all works out for you.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:14 PM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,516 Posts
Spektrum service is pretty darn good in my opinion. At least it was on my DX8. My DX18 is wonderful.

I think I have some idea of just how difficult it would be to write the type of firmware that is in the DX18.

I appreciate Spektrum's participation here on this thread, as well as their dedication toward continual improvement of their computer radios.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:14 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,585 Posts
@ mejmea - I understand what you are saying. They could also have it where any telemetry alarms are not triggered until check list is over. Sort of giving priority to check list then enabling telemetry alarm.

This way you could complete your check list and once in the full regular main screen the alarm for your telemetry could trigger since you mentioned yours is airspeed low alarm.

The good thing is that now Andy is aware of it.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Knowing when it was sent gives us (the readers of this thread) and the member you keep asking him to post a video an idea how long before you get yours back and can test it yourself like I did.

I rather see it first hand then see a video, many times a video won't show everything.

But it's all good, if he posts a video for you and others then thats up to him. It still won't impact how HH goes about it fixing it and or when they would fix it.

I will just remind you that when you do get it back and if this is an issue for you you can easily work around it. But I know many don't like to work around something and demand it gets fixed right away.

Good luck with your radio when it comes back from HH. Hope it all works out for you.
I sent it back about 2.5-3 weeks ago and have heard nothing from Horizon other than it's been "checked-in" on their product support page. Guess I'll have to call about it next week but, in my experience, calling them has never sped anything up before. It just arrives whenever they get around to sending it back. I expect it to still be gone for weeks and that's why I was curious about the video. I don't even know if mine has this issue (and I never said it did) because I sent it back for a bad gimbal. I wanted to see a video so I know what to look for when it comes back. You may not think a video is useful, but it's better than nothing while I wait...and wait...