SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:34 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,617 Posts
Do you have the latest Airware (1.03), which came out some days ago ? There were binding issues resolved. If you still have issues, move your TX 1-2m away during binding.
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:48 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,246 Posts
Very simple:

When you release the button makes no difference. One the transmitter enters bind mode ("Binding") then the button is ignored. The manual is being updated and improved - that's why the difference.

Did you notice that your orange LED is off? That means that the RF deck is not transmitting. When you installed version 1.03 did you have any problems? What happens if you install it again? If re-installing 1.03 does not correct this, you will need to return your radio for service.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:02 AM
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Aug 2008
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
It's on the list, and I have worked on it. It is neither simple nor complete. And the fix will come out for all radios at the same time, since it's the same everywhere (now, since we changed the DX7s/DX8 to be more like the DX10t/DX18).

Andy
I haven't read this entire (very long) thread so if this has already been discussed then I apologize.

Does the DX18 support using raw stick input to a mix, similar to JR #ELE which bypasses dual rates, etc. I'm setting up a jet on a DX18 and for the brake control I want to use down elevator to apply brakes, only when the landing gear is extended. My brake controller is connected to X+1 on a 12 channel receiver.
I've tried the following:
Elevator -> X+1, controlled by gear switch (A). This works but is affected by dual rates / flight mode which isn't acceptable.

I have connected elevator to X+1 in channel assignment and set travel to 100% on the down elevator side and 0 on up elevator side. This give the correct control regardless of dual rates but can't be disabled when the landing gear is raised.

I also assigning elevator to X+8 in channel assignment and left X+1 inhibited. I then created a mix of x+8 -> x+1 and controlled it with the gear switch (A).. This works but I'm wondering if doing this has reduced the resolution of my brake control or added latency, etc. Not a big deal if it does as the brake control doesn't require a high degree of precision but curious just the same.

I'm still running V1.0 of the software and since I'm setting this jet up for a friend, who hasn't registered the radio yet I've been reluctant to update the software. Is this issue solved in any of the software upgrades? Is there a better way to get the function I need than what I have tried so far?

Thanks
Wayne
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:00 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,246 Posts
Yes, start up updating the radio to the latest version! There are RF improvements which are essential, see the PDF for details.

You got most of what you need there. In Channel Assign screen, set the X-Plus Input to ELE for X+8. This will use the raw elevator stick in X+8. Set X+1's input to INH.

Now mix X+8 > X+1 at the appropriate rates. Set the switch to your gear switch (A).

Done.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:23 PM
United Kingdom, England, Cheltenham
Joined Apr 2007
42 Posts
Database?

Andy, I've seen " the database" mentioned where you record requests for dx18 software changes, is that viewable online by customers? Also how do I send in requests?
Thanks
Dave
Gambler71 is offline Find More Posts by Gambler71
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:49 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,246 Posts
You can PM me, or put on a forum, or send me an e-mail. No, we don't need to help our competitors any, so it's not viewable. Only the dev team and marketing people see it.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:19 PM
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Aug 2008
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Yes, start up updating the radio to the latest version! There are RF improvements which are essential, see the PDF for details.

You got most of what you need there. In Channel Assign screen, set the X-Plus Input to ELE for X+8. This will use the raw elevator stick in X+8. Set X+1's input to INH.

Now mix X+8 > X+1 at the appropriate rates. Set the switch to your gear switch (A).

Done.

Andy
I have that working but I consider it a bit of a "work around". Hoping that at some point there will be an option the mix menu to bypass dual rates for functions such as ELE -> BRAKE mixes. It is pretty common to want to bypass dual rates for a mixing input and most high end radios support this function. Hopefully the DX18 will directly support this as well in the future.

Thanks
Wayne
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:12 PM
Joined Mar 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo_uk View Post
Can anyone help ?? Printed manual says for Binding Using the Receiver and Receiver Battery ...

5. Release the Bind button after the receiver has stopped flashing rapidly, once the receiver's LED stays illuminated; this indicates the receiver is bound to the transmitter. The screen also provides binding information.

Online manual says ...

5. Release the Bind button when the transmitter screen displays “Binding”. Binding is complete when the orange transmitter and receiver LEDs are on solid.

I have tried both with my DX18 (firmware 1.03) with AR6200, AR6255 and AR9020 all fail to bind but bind to my DX7 no problems. Have tried various distances no luck

Dull video showing DX18 fail and DX7 working

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--2aI7TpL60&hd=1
Yours is doing the same thing mine did after upgrading.. The orange light comes on, flashes quickly then goes out and no bind happens. It also doesn't control anything that was bound. Like Andy said the light not being on means it is not transmitting RF. I had to send mine in.
rockarruda is offline Find More Posts by rockarruda
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:17 PM
Geneva
Joined Dec 2009
43 Posts
I have a small issue with the aileron stick: when i go right, I can use the 100% of the sick move (after travel adjust of the servo) and wen a go left, I reach the 100% of the servo move at already 80% of the stick move...

Does anyone experience the same issue and is there any solution for it ?

Thanks,

Al.
Linou is offline Find More Posts by Linou
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:52 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,161 Posts
Export spm file directly here so we can have a look to see what's going on.

Are the sticks calibrated, what does the servo monitor show and what happens when using a blank model file??
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:30 PM
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
1,130 Posts
Unequal Left/Right Issue?

The SPM file will help, but a quick question: do you have sub-trim and/or trim set to other than zero?

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Export spm file directly here so we can have a look to see what's going on.

Are the sticks calibrated, what does the servo monitor show and what happens when using a blank model file??
Snowflake6515 is online now Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
Old Oct 20, 2012, 05:13 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linou View Post
I have a small issue with the aileron stick: when i go right, I can use the 100% of the sick move (after travel adjust of the servo) and wen a go left, I reach the 100% of the servo move at already 80% of the stick move...

Does anyone experience the same issue and is there any solution for it ?

Thanks,

Al.
This is a know bug. It happens when the Aileron is being used in Heli Mode and is Reversed.

At lease you found the work around for now.
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:52 PM
Geneva
Joined Dec 2009
43 Posts
Thanks for you very quick answers ! Really impressed

Sub trim: 0
Calibrate: done
Travel adjust: 80% both side
Monitor: End positions exactly at the same level

I can fly but I'll be happy when the bug will be fixed.

Regards,
Al.
Linou is offline Find More Posts by Linou
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:30 PM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined May 2007
72 Posts
SPECTRUM AR6200 DSM2 good or not good for dx18
AIRBUSA800 is offline Find More Posts by AIRBUSA800
Last edited by AIRBUSA800; Oct 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:03 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusa800 View Post
spectrum ar6200 dsm 2 good or not good for dx18
good
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528