SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:36 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
738 Posts
I use a JR/DSM case that was designed (by the looks of it) for a DX6i/DX7/DX8 because it has the bent antenna cutout. I put the DX18 in it and it works perfectly. Sits a little more 'snug', but it works.
Cathurga is offline Find More Posts by Cathurga
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:38 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
738 Posts
I have a question regarding the timer, that I cannot seem to fathom out.

On my DX6i, the countdown used to give me a tone every minute of the countdown, I cannot seem to get the same from the DX18. I have scrolled through the menus and I cannot seem to find out if this is possible or not.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:43 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathurga View Post

On my DX6i, the countdown used to give me a tone every minute of the countdown, I cannot seem to get the same from the DX18. I have scrolled through the menus and I cannot seem to find out if this is possible or not.
It gives you a single beep one minute before the end.

See post 3247 and the few that follow it.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:02 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
7,359 Posts
The old JR s gave One minute beep- then a final countdown beep for last 10 seconds (something like that)
I liked the multiple count down -- no mistaking it for first or second beep!
Perhaps the guys at Spektrum could find some stray bits of chip space to do a multiple final count

To sleep -perchance to dream-----
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:19 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,588 Posts
Quote:

Are you sure it was counting down, the DX18 along with the other radios will 1 minute Beep every minute when counting UP
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:44 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,520 Posts
I REALLY like the one minute beep (rather than minutes) as you know that beep is the last one. The last 10 seconds and final alarm are unmistakable on the DX18. I like....
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:45 AM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you View Post
I REALLY like the one minute beep (rather than minutes) as you know that beep is the last one. The last 10 seconds and final alarm are unmistakable on the DX18. I like....
I agreee...prefer one minute beep.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:45 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,220 Posts
Quote:

No it isn't.

The AirWare transmitters beep only at T-1minute, then do a 10-second countdown with alarm at 0, then at T+every minute.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:52 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
No it isn't.

The AirWare transmitters beep only at T-1minute, then do a 10-second countdown with alarm at 0, then at T+every minute.

Andy
Thats a bit of a shame, I really liked the 1 minute reminder.....maybe something to consider in the next SW update? Nice feature, not critical, but certainly useful.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:48 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,588 Posts
Just set timer 2 to count up and you will get your one minute beep every minute.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:40 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
7,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Just set timer 2 to count up and you will get your one minute beep every minute.
Then try to remember what all the beeps n grunts were for --
The DX18 countdown is great -(could you make the one minute beep into a "ding?") except I sometimes miss the one miute "blip"
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:23 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,588 Posts
It's a single beep every minute, it's pretty easy to know what it's for.

I just provided the member with a way of getting is one minute beeps.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:27 PM
Leeds/Bradford Leeds, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jun 2003
1,575 Posts
Need some help please. Spent about a hour last night trying to set up my motor and controls and by the end of the night i had everything working okay but my elev servo was twitching allthough my voltage read about 7.2 volts i thought it might need charging. This evening i came to turn the radio after a full charge the receiver which is a AR9020 the receiver lights came on but got no responce at all. the motor allso did not work just beeped meaning it was not receiving a signal. Rebound again but to no avail. what is wrong.
glenbees is offline Find More Posts by glenbees
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:36 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees View Post
Need some help please. Spent about a hour last night trying to set up my motor and controls and by the end of the night i had everything working okay but my elev servo was twitching allthough my voltage read about 7.2 volts i thought it might need charging. This evening i came to turn the radio after a full charge the receiver which is a AR9020 the receiver lights came on but got no responce at all. the motor allso did not work just beeped meaning it was not receiving a signal. Rebound again but to no avail. what is wrong.
What esc, bec or separate Rx battery, servos?
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:56 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,588 Posts
The easy way to find out what is going on is start with the basics.

Bind receiver to radio and then confirm connection by using a receiver pack and servo.

Once that is done you know the radio and receiver part of it is working and you can move on to other things like proper power, esc arming and stuff like that.