HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:36 PM
Registered User
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,395 Posts
Especially the adjustable alarm
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:58 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Jan 2007
174 Posts
Another question: Is the telemetry on the XG11 the same as on the DX-18? Ease of use? number of functions? Does one system need more or less add ons?
PT Glider is offline Find More Posts by PT Glider
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:23 PM
AndyKunz's Avatar
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,377 Posts
Totally different system.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:37 PM
No bounce, No play.
davidmc36's Avatar
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Glider View Post
Another question: Is the telemetry on the XG11 the same as on the DX-18? Ease of use? number of functions? Does one system need more or less add ons?
I'm not really seeing a comparison discussion of JR's telemetry system as being a topic of this thread. Download the manual and browse their site for products you will see quite easily how the other one works.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:08 PM
Registered User
Zeeb's Avatar
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Jun 2006
1,168 Posts
Man this thread is getting HUGE....

Okay, got my new case today from Horizon and I'm not sure I like it compared to the old single radio style case. The new case is like this thread; HUGE.... lol

Now my question since I'm gradually getting my RC fingers working again from the intracranial surgery I had and they quit, so I've been slow to regain the feel. I'm trying to transer my models to the DX18 from my JR 12X and cannot find out from my own explorations if you can set a warning for the timer on electric powered models?

Thanks in advance!
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:37 PM
No bounce, No play.
davidmc36's Avatar
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Man this thread is getting HUGE....

Okay, got my new case today from Horizon and I'm not sure I like it compared to the old single radio style case. The new case is like this thread; HUGE.... lol

Now my question since I'm gradually getting my RC fingers working again from the intracranial surgery I had and they quit, so I've been slow to regain the feel. I'm trying to transer my models to the DX18 from my JR 12X and cannot find out from my own explorations if you can set a warning for the timer on electric powered models?

Thanks in advance!
In the first picture at the bottom you see "Alarm"?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3218
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:04 PM
Registered User
Zeeb's Avatar
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Jun 2006
1,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
In the first picture at the bottom you see "Alarm"?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3218
Yes I see that and it's set for total desired flight time, so does that mean you get a beeping at the expiration of that time without the ability to warn it's approaching?

My 12X is set to give a single beep each minute, then at 30 seconds prior to that time it'll start beeping every ten seconds and get rather insistent at the desired time mark.

I guess I'm wondering if there's anything like that or just change the timers on everything?
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:19 PM
No bounce, No play.
davidmc36's Avatar
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Yes I see that and it's set for total desired flight time, so does that mean you get a beeping at the expiration of that time without the ability to warn it's approaching?

My 12X is set to give a single beep each minute, then at 30 seconds prior to that time it'll start beeping every ten seconds and get rather insistent at the desired time mark.

I guess I'm wondering if there's anything like that or just change the timers on everything?
One beep and short vibe each second for last ten seconds then long beep and long vibe at the end.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:22 PM
No bounce, No play.
davidmc36's Avatar
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
Yes I see that and it's set for total desired flight time, so does that mean you get a beeping at the expiration of that time without the ability to warn it's approaching?

My 12X is set to give a single beep each minute, then at 30 seconds prior to that time it'll start beeping every ten seconds and get rather insistent at the desired time mark.

I guess I'm wondering if there's anything like that or just change the timers on everything?
I guess you could set two count-down timers, both activated by the same trigger, one ending 30 seconds or even a minute before the other. Then choose vibe or tone for the first one and vibe+tone for the final one.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:50 PM
Registered User
Zeeb's Avatar
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Jun 2006
1,168 Posts
Thanks!
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:05 PM
AndyKunz's Avatar
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,377 Posts
In count-down mode, the AirWare transmitters give a notice at 1 minute, then every from 10 sec down. Once they are counting up again they notify at every 1 minute.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:34 PM
No bounce, No play.
davidmc36's Avatar
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
In count-down mode, the AirWare transmitters give a notice at 1 minute, then every from 10 sec down. Once they are counting up again they notify at every 1 minute.

Andy
Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I never noticed that before. Is it just one beep for the one minute warning? Maybe I heard it and just thought it was the single beep that I hear when I drop throttle below trigger point. It would make sense since I would usually be throttling down for landing near the end of the timer. (I often take a peek at the screen when I think I am getting close and start setting up for landing)
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:45 PM
Air, Ground & Water
freechip's Avatar
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,245 Posts
It's a single beep every minute indicating one minute has passed.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:50 PM
AndyKunz's Avatar
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I never noticed that before. Is it just one beep for the one minute warning? Maybe I heard it and just thought it was the single beep that I hear when I drop throttle below trigger point. It would make sense since I would usually be throttling down for landing near the end of the timer. (I often take a peek at the screen when I think I am getting close and start setting up for landing)
Just one at the one minute. All the higher minutes are silent when counting down.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:04 PM
Air, Ground & Water
freechip's Avatar
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,245 Posts
I should of specified in Stop Watch or counting up then.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Spektrum DSM2 and the Nats - Question for Spektrum/JR users aeajr Sailplane Talk 25 May 29, 2012 03:14 PM
Sold Spektrum DX6 6-channel System with Spektrum AR6000 Receiver $50 shooboy Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 6 Dec 20, 2011 05:12 PM
Sold Spektrum DX6 6-channel System with Spektrum AR6000 Receiver $50 shooboy Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 4 Dec 14, 2011 07:30 PM
For Sale Spektrum & JR 2.4 Ghz DSM2 receivers for sale I have a sailplane sized Spektrum AR93 zaptherio Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Nov 15, 2011 05:14 PM
Sold SPEKTRUM DX6i DSMX with Spektrum Ni-cads and charger- like new condition shooboy Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 6 Oct 19, 2011 04:59 AM