HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Jan 2007
172 Posts
If the radio is accidentally left on and run down completely, Wouldn't the Lipo battery be compromised as compared with a Lithium iron phosphate?
PT Glider is offline Find More Posts by PT Glider
Last edited by PT Glider; Sep 20, 2012 at 01:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:04 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,229 Posts
Well I just received my new tx! Must say it sure feels nice in the hands...now to start programing
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:07 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Glider View Post
If the radio is accidentally left on and run down completely, Wouldn't the Lipo battery be compromised as compared with a LiFi?
The battery protection circuit opens at 6V, preventing damage. The low voltage alarm goes off at 6.3V.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:33 PM
Bona Fide Cub Nut
Northwest Oregon
Joined Jan 2006
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
The battery protection circuit opens at 6V, preventing damage. The low voltage alarm goes off at 6.3V.
Andy
. . . and when the inactivity alarm goes off - - after I peel myself off the ceiling, I turn it off.
CurtissP40 is offline Find More Posts by CurtissP40
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:26 AM
Dodlestonian
Joined Mar 2006
119 Posts
IMHO the inactivity alarm is one of Spektrum's best features.
:-)
dodlestonian is offline Find More Posts by dodlestonian
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:26 AM
What goes around comes around.
Joined May 2011
427 Posts
Quick question, does the dx18 display the flight battery voltage on screen during flight, & has it an alarm for low voltage, like the Aurora9 does,? im thinking of upgrading but i dont think i could live without that.
squigg is offline Find More Posts by squigg
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:36 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squigg View Post
Quick question, does the dx18 display the flight battery voltage on screen during flight, & has it an alarm for low voltage, like the Aurora9 does,? im thinking of upgrading but i dont think i could live without that.
Yes it does both of those things.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:19 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,277 Posts
Quote:
RX voltage is done automatically when you connect the TM unit to a receiver, Flight voltage is done with the need to connect the flight voltage wire to the TM unit and flight power source. This high voltage sensor comes stock with the telemetry module.

You can view telemetry info by scrolling to the many telemetry screens or you can set the main telemetry screen to AUTO with throttle.

I like this feature, when I throttle up the main screen goes to telemetry. You can also set for HIGH & LOW Alarms.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:28 AM
What goes around comes around.
Joined May 2011
427 Posts
Thanks ..Sounds good, any range tests done yet?,?
sorry if im going over something thats been mentioned before, i just couldnt face reading through 200 odd pages...lol.
squigg is offline Find More Posts by squigg
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:55 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,277 Posts
Always range test new models when setting up to find the best possible location for the RX.

Once it's done I don't usually do range test for each flight unless I am at a local club flying as a guest or something along those lines.

As for full flight range test. I just know my DX6i when I tested was WAY beyond my eye sight so I don't worry about that since I don't FPV or anything like that.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:04 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,015 Posts
Quote:
Thanks ..Sounds good, any range tests done yet?,?
sorry if im going over something thats been mentioned before, i just couldnt face reading through 200 odd pages...lol.
I regularly get fades in the teens or single digits for the whole flight with zero frames losses or holds flying well beyond the cleared area of our field.

https://www.google.ca/mapmaker?ll=45...&lyt=large_map
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:16 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,277 Posts
Yep same here.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:21 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,042 Posts
I picked up a 40 g x2 axes + 8 g x1 axis sensor.

1. Only one axis shows min and max. Anybody know how I can fix this?
2. I am putting it into an extreme flight plane, i.e., very high g. Is the z axis only +/- 8g? I think I will saturate it then.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:37 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
20,452 Posts
1) You can't.
2) The one axis is limited to 8g because of the design of the MEMS chip. It's not something we can control. We put it on the axis you will least likely experience high g's (side-slip).

You could always re-orient the device to give the sensitivity where you want it.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:20 PM
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined Aug 2011
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodlestonian View Post
IMHO the inactivity alarm is one of Spektrum's best features.
:-)
Agreed
sirzeppu is online now Find More Posts by sirzeppu