HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:22 AM
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined Aug 2011
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Right, but if you mixed your extra ailerons up there they would be OK.

Andy
Cool. Thanks!
sirzeppu is offline Find More Posts by sirzeppu
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:25 AM
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined Aug 2011
1,296 Posts
Oh wait...so if I had aileron servos 3 and 6 on channels 11 and 12...all the expo and stuff would apply because those are slaved to aileron and say aux 1 (or whatever aileron channels are master for the 4 servo wing)?
sirzeppu is offline Find More Posts by sirzeppu
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:37 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,124 Posts
First, enable XPlus on the Frame Rate screen.

Set X+1 and X+2 inputs to INH. This will center them. (This is the default config, nothing to do).

Then in your mixes, you can mix AIL > X+1 or X+2. This will move the D/R and Expo'd version of the sticks to them.

You will need to do manual mixing to them for any differential you might have, or any other mixes to the ailerons.

The Balance function will probably be very helpful too.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:25 PM
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Jun 2006
1,162 Posts
Andy, just the guy I wanted while I'm waiting on a call from a guy at Horizon who went looking for a DX18.....

This thing is on the verge of driving me back to smoking.

Trying to setup one of my gassers and when I select ANY of the wing types with dual elevator servos, it sends the second elevator servo to channel 9. I've not seen that kind of ridiculousness since my Futaba 9C Super used channels 2 & 8 for the elevators.

Here's the problem; I use channel 9 (Aux 4) for my choke servo and channel 5 for my fiber optic kill switch so it can be assigned to the mix switch and the choke can go on a dial. When I change that default setting on the elevator servo, Aux 4 becomes unavailable.

Got any ideas?

OH, both my DX8 and my JR 12X obiently select channel 6 (Aux 1) for the second aileron and channel 7 (Aux 2) for the second elevator servo if left to their own devices.
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Last edited by Zeeb; Sep 12, 2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:33 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,124 Posts
Yes, you aren't using the full capabilities of your radio. You only did half of what you need.

The second elevator defaults to AUX4, that is correct. You can move it to where you want it to be, lets say GEAR. You can also move the function that WAS on the GEAR port to the AUX4 receiver slot. Go to the next screen and make sure the GEAR function has the right input attached (probably the choke switch).

The important thing to remember is that you have "functions" and "receiver slots" and not to get them confused.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:34 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
What's wrong with pluging it in AUX2 or 3?
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,162 Posts
And that does what for my question?

I want to use Aux 4 assigned to the dial and it is unavailable. IIRC I get the choices of Gear which is actually going to be the kill switch, aileron, throttle, elevator, Aux 2, Aux 3 etc. none of those fit the description of the choke plugged into Aux 4?

Maybe it's just too simple?????
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:40 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
What's wrong with pluging it in AUX2 or 3?
I've been down that d*mn road before and as of yet I'm NOT ready to dump my JR 12X which IS programmed for ALL my models.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:46 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
D*mn? Just trying to understand what you are doing so I can try to help you better.

Is it because you don't want to switch wires around and want to use the radios capabilies?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:49 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
And that does what for my question?

I want to use Aux 4 assigned to the dial and it is unavailable. IIRC I get the choices of Gear which is actually going to be the kill switch, aileron, throttle, elevator, Aux 2, Aux 3 etc. none of those fit the description of the choke plugged into Aux 4?

Maybe it's just too simple?????
Yes, that's it. We've been through this with all the internal JR guys (I knew you had a JR just because you asked the question

Don't worry what the name says. Worry what the action does.

The GEAR input device can be set to anything you want. Move it to the input you want for controlling the choke. This is the "Channel Input Config" screen.

Now on the "RxPort Assignment" screen, when you move the GEAR function's output from the GEAR receiver slot to the AUX4 receiver slot, whatever you have programmed as the GEAR function's input device (NEXT screen) will control the action on the AUX4 receiver port.

(Notice I keep saying "function" and "receiver port" - that's the concept to grasp. Once you have that down it will be simple, I promise.)

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:00 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
Starting with a New Acro Model Type.
For example I used Dual Aileron and Dual Elevator wing type.
Go to Channel Assign & RX Port Assignments
Move L Elevator to the port channel you want, for example I moved it to AUX2
And moved AUX2 in the place where L Elevator was (AUX4)

Then go to the next screen Channel Input Config.
Change AUX2 to RKNOB.

Now it should be working. If you look at the servo monitor screen you should see the AUX2 name of the channel is moved to the second to last spot which used to be AUX4.

So if you connect your choke servo in the AUX4 port, You're RKNOB will contorl the servo plugged into it.

If you need any more info you can surely PM me..
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
D*mn? Just trying to understand what you are doing so I can try to help you better.

Is it because you don't want to switch wires around and want to use the radios capabilies?
I've changed channels around for different radios for years starting with the Futaba 9Z wanted the second elevator servo on channel 5 where it had been on channel 8 for all the models programmed into my Futaba 9C Super.

When I went to the DX7 I had to change 'em all again and didn't even fly my gassers as I needed 8 channels. Then I had to change stuff around again when I got my X9303 and lastly again when the 12X got here. IF I change functions around on the individual rx's, my 12X won't work on that model again.

But the BIGGEST problem is that I quit smoking five months ago and right now I'm ready to dump that new radio, get a cigarette or leave things alone for awhile 'till I settle down.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll try it in a bit...
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,162 Posts
Got it to work and must admit I was overthinking the issue but if one considers who the primary audience is for these things, a bit better explanation (or at least a note) in the manual might be in order. Especially if Andy says the inhouse JR guys have been having the same issue....
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:11 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,124 Posts
I was the only manual at the time They're all converted and loving it now.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:12 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
Who do you think the primary audience is for this radio?

I would put my money on HH not expecting the current amount of owners over buying.
Example: buying it and flying micro BNF models only.

Glad you got it working.