Joined Sep 2001
22,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
Kindergarten und Frau Wieghorst?
?
Ach du Lieber !
You sure it wasn't a Goliath?
When I was in first grade, Pat Smith and I were taller than her.

Andy

PS I was only 6! I only had to do one year of Kindergarten, honest!
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:01 AM
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Mar 2009
249 Posts
Me too, kindergarten and first grade were a snap, it was grade six I had problems with. Especially trying to find a good parking spot.

Brian T.
GBRellic is offline Find More Posts by GBRellic
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:27 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
It's all or nothing.
That's really too bad. Is Spektrum going to fix this so that some sounds can be disabled, and others enabled? I hope so. For this kind of money, I don't like being a beta customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Why not just set the start timer to one time start?
On some 3D flights, I might go very easy on the throttle. In others, I might fly WOT more frequenty. E.g., during a long elevator, it might take awhile to float toward Earth, in which case during that time I'm not using much from the battery. On other flights, I might do a lot of high energy tumbling, which would use up the energy stored in the battery quicker. The over 25% timer function seems to work well with the sound off. But the lack of audible feedback while trimming bites big time.

Spektrum please fix this. It is a user interface issue that is important.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:54 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,510 Posts
I never go by the sound when trimming in flight..I go by how the model is flying. In a club setting with other models taking off and anding near the pilot station, you might not be able to hear the trimming beeps, even if it is on while flying and trimming.

Not certain that being able to hear the beeps while trimming in flight is a universal need for all. It is not a need that I have.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:57 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
I never go by the sound when trimming in flight..I go by how the model is flying. In a club setting with other models taking off and anding near the pilot station, you might not be able to hear the trimming beeps, even if it is on while flying and trimming.

Not certain that being able to hear the beeps while trimming in flight is a universal need for all. It is not a need that I have.
I'm with you and that. Feel the cllick of the trimmer and watch the plane seems to work for me.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post

I fly electric, and I maiden alone. Also, unless you're trimming dead calm, it is good to hear the clicks.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:02 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
Spektrum please fix this. It is a user interface issue that is important.
Thanks. We have the suggestion in the database.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Thanks. We have the suggestion in the database.

Andy
Thanks. I appreciate that Spektrum monitors the forums and considers user interface change suggestions.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:06 PM
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined Aug 2011
1,342 Posts
Exploring the DX18. I LOVE my DX8...but I want to have a radio that is future-proof. I see myself doing BIG planes one day...and I want to have the option to use 3 servos per wing, 2 on elevators, 2 on rudder, and throttle and ignition kill.

Obviously the ignition kill doesn't care about latency, but is it possible to set up the other 11 servos to operate at low latency?

If I was to put, say, throttle on an X+plus channel, would I notice a difference in responsiveness?
sirzeppu is online now Find More Posts by sirzeppu
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:27 AM
220 221 Whatever it takes
USA, IL, Belleville
Joined Dec 2009
276 Posts
I have a question about the absolute travel setting. For example on a night vapor i want to use both the aileron and rudder sticks for the rudder and mix it so it works that way how do i prevent overtravel of the servo if by chance both inputs are used. Is 2048 the max # of servo steps no matter what servo is in use? Do I just set the ral and lal settings to 2048? BTW that would be a lot of scrolling! LOL. Just got my DX18 last evening and playing with a simple airplane to start with. Am not looking forward to setting up my Stryker much less my Radian Pro as of yet with my limited knowlwdge.

Thanks
captdave221 is offline Find More Posts by captdave221
Last edited by captdave221; Apr 18, 2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:58 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captdave221 View Post
I have a question about the absolute travel setting. For example on a night vapor i want to use both the aileron and rudder sticks for the rudder and mix it so it works that way how do i prevent overtravel of the servo if by chance both inputs are used.
That's exactly what it's for.

It's pretty easy to calculate the values, too. Here is the info you need:

150% = 1024 steps (per side), so 100% = 682 steps. The center position is 1024, so you set the low end of travel to 1024 - 682 = 342, and you set the high end to 1706.

If y is the percent of travel in either direction, then x is the value to add to or subtract from 1024 (center position).

x = (1024 * y) / 150

Low = 1024 - x
High = 1024 + x

Quote:
Am not looking forward to setting up my Stryker much less my Radian Pro as of yet with my limited knowlwdge.
A Stryker is easy! Just select Elevon-B as a wing type, check the directions, and fly!

I pulled the Y for the rudders off so mine has Dual Rudder for the tail.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:03 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirzeppu View Post
Exploring the DX18. I LOVE my DX8...but I want to have a radio that is future-proof. I see myself doing BIG planes one day...and I want to have the option to use 3 servos per wing, 2 on elevators, 2 on rudder, and throttle and ignition kill.

Obviously the ignition kill doesn't care about latency, but is it possible to set up the other 11 servos to operate at low latency?

If I was to put, say, throttle on an X+plus channel, would I notice a difference in responsiveness?
If you use a 12-channel receiver, X+1 and X+2 are on the 11 and 12 channels and run at full speed with consistent latency.

The difference with X+ is not the latency number, but the way it could possibly vary. The latency can vary from 22ms to 88ms, but the transmitter works an algorithm to try to keep channels that are active at the lowest latency possible, so if you are moving the throttle it would take priority over something that is not moving on an X+ channel.

If something like throttle is the only thing out there, then it is likely to not have a latency you can feel. However, you can't put the processed throttle out there, only the raw throttle stick (since X+ is for auxiliary functions, the throttle stick is sent rather than the processed stick).

The DX18 supports 4-aileron wings with dual rudder and dual elevator. It does not have a 6-aileron wing type - you would need to create that yourself using mixes.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:09 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,548 Posts
@ captdave221 - I have both the Styker and the RP, let me know when your ready and I can post my SPM files to get you started.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:15 AM
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined Aug 2011
1,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
If you use a 12-channel receiver, X+1 and X+2 are on the 11 and 12 channels and run at full speed with consistent latency.

The difference with X+ is not the latency number, but the way it could possibly vary. The latency can vary from 22ms to 88ms, but the transmitter works an algorithm to try to keep channels that are active at the lowest latency possible, so if you are moving the throttle it would take priority over something that is not moving on an X+ channel.

If something like throttle is the only thing out there, then it is likely to not have a latency you can feel. However, you can't put the processed throttle out there, only the raw throttle stick (since X+ is for auxiliary functions, the throttle stick is sent rather than the processed stick).

The DX18 supports 4-aileron wings with dual rudder and dual elevator. It does not have a 6-aileron wing type - you would need to create that yourself using mixes.

Andy
Ok...so things like throttle curves and expo wouldn't apply if throttle was on, say channel eleven of a 12 channel rx?
sirzeppu is online now Find More Posts by sirzeppu
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:19 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,931 Posts
Right, but if you mixed your extra ailerons up there they would be OK.

Andy
Site Sponsor