HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:56 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2005
323 Posts
Has anyone used the remote receiver extensions available from Hobby King. I bought some thinking I could use them for telemetry extensions. I am assembling an H9 1/4 scale Cub and want to hide one of the remotes at the top and behind a bulkhead former so it can't be seen when looking into the interior and I need about a 20-24 inch extension. If I have to get the real deal extension it is going to hold be up a few days but I don't want a faulty remote receiver extension to ruin my day. Thanks

Howard
Howard L is offline Find More Posts by Howard L
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:04 PM
United Kingdom, England, Cheltenham
Joined Apr 2007
42 Posts
DX18 - TM and voltage

I have recently received my replacement DX18 after my original issues from Horizon UK. Despite my disappointment at losing two models to a faulty transmitter, I can only praise the service and response I have received from Horizon UK.

I've had approximately 15 flights with the new radio and everything seems fine so far.

I now want use the DX18 with the TM1000 and an AR9010 DSMX receiver in another airframe, using a CC BEC PRO, which has two voltage outputs, which have been set to 6v.

The AR9010 has one battery port and one data/batt port. If I use the normal battery port for one output from the BEC, the other data/batt port for the connection to the TM 1000, can I use any other spare receiver port, such as Aux4 for the other voltage output from the BEC?

Or should I use a Y lead on the data/batt port and connect both the TM1000 and one output from the BEC through this?

Thanks

Dave
Gambler71 is offline Find More Posts by Gambler71
Old Sep 06, 2012, 04:38 PM
Go and fly now!
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Feb 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard L View Post
Has anyone used the remote receiver extensions available from Hobby King. I bought some thinking I could use them for telemetry extensions. I am assembling an H9 1/4 scale Cub and want to hide one of the remotes at the top and behind a bulkhead former so it can't be seen when looking into the interior and I need about a 20-24 inch extension. If I have to get the real deal extension it is going to hold be up a few days but I don't want a faulty remote receiver extension to ruin my day. Thanks

Howard
I have some but have not used them yet but my general experience with HK cables is that they are very good and would not hesitate to use them.
PeteDee is offline Find More Posts by PeteDee
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:50 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambler71 View Post
I have recently received my replacement DX18 after my original issues from Horizon UK. Despite my disappointment at losing two models to a faulty transmitter, I can only praise the service and response I have received from Horizon UK.

I've had approximately 15 flights with the new radio and everything seems fine so far.

I now want use the DX18 with the TM1000 and an AR9010 DSMX receiver in another airframe, using a CC BEC PRO, which has two voltage outputs, which have been set to 6v.

The AR9010 has one battery port and one data/batt port. If I use the normal battery port for one output from the BEC, the other data/batt port for the connection to the TM 1000, can I use any other spare receiver port, such as Aux4 for the other voltage output from the BEC?

Or should I use a Y lead on the data/batt port and connect both the TM1000 and one output from the BEC through this?

Thanks

Dave
The power is connected to all ports in parallel. Just connect it where you want it.
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:22 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
Looks like ebay has the smae thing I got, but it's AU $499

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Spektrum-...-/170900612748
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:11 PM
Joined Jan 2006
55 Posts
I have a strange thing happening with my TM1000. Just tried to bind it to my JR921 RX. If I plug it into the Data port the RX doesn't go into bind mode, however if I plug it into the Batt/Bind port things seem to work fine. I get telemetry from both Batt1/Bind and Batt2/Data! Is this all a bit strange?
dale69101 is offline Find More Posts by dale69101
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:51 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Apr 2004
1,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale69101 View Post
I have a strange thing happening with my TM1000. Just tried to bind it to my JR921 RX. If I plug it into the Data port the RX doesn't go into bind mode, however if I plug it into the Batt/Bind port things seem to work fine. I get telemetry from both Batt1/Bind and Batt2/Data! Is this all a bit strange?
You won't get Flight Log Data if you plug the TM1000 into the Bat/Bind port. The same is true if you use the TM1000 with an Rx that does not have a Data port. You will still get other Telemetry data (Temp, RPM, Voltage, etc.).
Buschbarber is offline Find More Posts by Buschbarber
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:52 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,513 Posts
Quote:
That all sounds perfectly normal.You will get telemetry and the TM will function fine when plugged into any port.You will only gt FL data if it is plugged into the Data port.You wont be able to get both the Rx and the TM to go into bind mode using the button on the TM or a bindplug using a y harness.
In the case of some Rxs where the bind and data ports are not on the same port I sugeest plug the TM into the bind port with a y harness.Put a bind plug in the open spot on the y harness.Power up and bind.Powerdown and move TM to Data port.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:17 AM
Joined Apr 2004
1,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
That all sounds perfectly normal.You will get telemetry and the TM will function fine when plugged into any port.You will only gt FL data if it is plugged into the Data port.You wont be able to get both the Rx and the TM to go into bind mode using the button on the TM or a bindplug using a y harness.
In the case of some Rxs where the bind and data ports are not on the same port I sugeest plug the TM into the bind port with a y harness.Put a bind plug in the open spot on the y harness.Power up and bind.Powerdown and move TM to Data port.
I have my TM1000 connected to the Data port on the AR8000. I can Bind both the Rx and TM1000 using only the Bind Button on the TM1000. The same should be true for the 921 Rx.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPM9548-Manual_EN.pdf
http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...-Manual_EN.pdf

If I remember correctly, you cannot Bind for Preset unless you use the Bind Plug and follow the Bind procedure for Preset. It was mentioned in one of these threads as a limitation of Binding using just the Bind Button on the TM1000.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:02 AM
Joined Jan 2006
55 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys, Aerocal has hit the nail on the head with my problem. The JR921 has the bind and the data on two different ports. This is the reason for the RX not binding as per item 2 in the TM instructions. Basically if I plug the TM into the data port the TM goes into bind but not the RX. Resulting in a failed bind. Most of the other RXs I have looked up AR8000, AR9020 and AR9100 all have the data and bind on the same port therefore correctly binding as per instructions.

If I bind with no bind plug ie TM straight into the bind port then move to the data port after binding what will be the result?
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:33 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,112 Posts
Quote:
... If I bind with no bind plug ie TM straight into the bind port then move to the data port after binding what will be the result?
A working system.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:19 AM
Joined Apr 2004
1,148 Posts
I understand now why Andy suggests using the Bind Plug in the Rx rather than the Bind Button on the TM1000. I have only been using my TM1000 with my AR8000. I hadn't tried it yet with my AR9000 or R921.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined Jan 2006
55 Posts
Do you know where Andy has spoken about this in the past? If not I'd like to hear from Andy on this.

Cheers
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:44 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,089 Posts
Use the Advanced Search option. Look for posts by AndyKunz with the keywords

TM1000 servo Y

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:10 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,112 Posts
Quote:
Do you know where Andy has spoken about this in the past? If not I'd like to hear from Andy on this.

Cheers
The data cable that connect between TM and receiver is generally plugged in the data/bind port in order to get flight log information.

Connect a Y in the bind port, connect the TM in one end and use the other for bind plug
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip