HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Jun 2004
129 Posts
[QUOTE=RCing;22593311]NO ACTION? how do you know this? Do you work for the company and this is why you no what is going on at HH/Spek?
I don't mind giving them time to work out the issue. I've been to the mechanics before where I needed to come back or leave the car to them for some time so they could find the problem and fix it then they always go for test drive to ensure it's working properly.
Unless you work for them and can say no action is being done, I much rather wait and see for myself.[/QUOTE]
But you wouldn't wait weeks and weeks or months and months for your car, would you? No, you would expect results.
And when you got it back and new faults had been introduced, you'd be ok with that too, would you? Well, no you wouldn’t, so why is it ok for Spektrum but not your garage?

As for NO ACTION, please read my post carefully. It clearly sayscan produce no action’.
They may well have been working behind the scenes, but Andy is generally careful to ensure we are not told this (or even supposed to ask). And anyway, the action is only valid for the end user when it is released and fixes the problem.

Quote:
I don't mind giving them time to work out the issue.
Just how much time do you want to give them before they fix your car (sorry, radio)?

If bugs were sorted within a reasonable time scale,( and even those who find no fault with Spektrum products have commented they also think they aren't), I suggest most Spektrum forums would be a third less long than they are now and we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

FIX THE BUGS AND PROBLEMS IN A TIMELY FASHION - THAT IS HH's DUTY. HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY ARGUE AGAINST THAT?
howcar is offline Find More Posts by howcar
Last edited by howcar; Sep 07, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:04 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,457 Posts
The way I read some of Andy's posts about the recent DX8 update is there has been some fundamental re-architecture going on which is not really visible to the user, but which will enable faster development in the future. I believe the DX7s, DX8, and DX18 now share a lot more code than they used to. That should reduce the bug count for all of them, and get updates/fixes out for all faster.
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:15 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2011
176 Posts
@ Howcar - Yes you are right however I do place higher priority on my car then I do my toys.
RCing is offline Find More Posts by RCing
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:30 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
713 Posts
Having about 10 model memories occupied, do I dare to upgrade to 2.05?

From the redme:

"NOTE: This change affects sub-trim and travel of existing models and ones you
will import. You may need to adjust sub-trims and travel on all control surfaces in both airplanes and helicopters."

I'm not very found starting all over with 10 models again..

Has anyone tried upgrading?

Thanks,

/Håkan
hakank is offline Find More Posts by hakank
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:49 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,725 Posts
Håkan,

The issue is only for reversed channels with non-zero subtrims or asymmetric travel ranges. If you don't use sub-trim and have equal throws on the reversed channels, you will be fine.

If you can wait a few weeks, we are working on an update which will make the update smoother for you.

If you don't have channels in an aircraft meeting those requirements, then you won't run into any problems.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 30, 2012, 05:20 PM
Austin TX
Joined Jun 2008
141 Posts
Anyone know how to setup crow on the DX18? If so could outline it here. It's kicking my how to do it.

Thanks

Bob
bcovish is offline Find More Posts by bcovish
Old Aug 30, 2012, 05:22 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,725 Posts
You need a wing with 2 ailerons.

Mix the input you want to use to LAL at a high percentage.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 30, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Apr 2011
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank View Post
Having about 10 model memories occupied, do I dare to upgrade to 2.05?

From the redme:

"NOTE: This change affects sub-trim and travel of existing models and ones you
will import. You may need to adjust sub-trims and travel on all control surfaces in both airplanes and helicopters."

I'm not very found starting all over with 10 models again..

Has anyone tried upgrading?

Thanks,

/Håkan
I have upgraded, and the effect it has had on my models (12 in total) is minimal. I have had to redo the reversed channels that had subtrim but it was an easy sort out. All my flybarless heli's (4 in total) have been easy to put back to centre. I have yet to get round to my vbarred heli but I guess this will be the same.

I am a bit cheesed off about the end point adjustment being reversed on reversed channels and also that it seems to have got worse, but I reckon they are working on a fix just need time to get it in the right place at the right time.

I have noticed something though on a positive note, Before I updated I re callibrated the hand set, then I updated. When I revisited my flybarless heli's the stick inputs needed no subtrim and the end throws where at 100%, this was not the case before, they needed 6 points of subtrim to centre and 3 points on end throw to make 100% throw. That has made my set ups dead easy and I can now relate the stick input to the displayed tx and computer values.
So I am pleased that the update has made my setups easier to accomplish.

The mixer bug caught me out, and I am glad that was fixed, I like the backlight options and the TX idle alarm can now be configured to different times.

You should have no fears in upgrading to 2.05 it works well.
Busher is online now Find More Posts by Busher
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:12 PM
Austin TX
Joined Jun 2008
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
You need a wing with 2 ailerons.

Mix the input you want to use to LAL at a high percentage.

Andy
I have it setup with 2 ailerons and 2 flaps

I was at Illini Jets in Monticello last weekend. Had a great time.
bcovish is offline Find More Posts by bcovish
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:05 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,725 Posts
Thanks for coming up! I was coming back from vacation so I missed the event. Hopefully the trash truck gets there today before Isaac visits!

You can do something like mix LLV > RFL, at 50%/50%, with the offset = 100%. Now as you pull the left lever, the flaps come down.

Next mix is LLV > LAL, 50%/50%, offset=100%. When you pull it down the ailerons will go up.

You might need to use -50%/-50% on one or both mixes to get the travel in the correct directions.

Adjust the mix ratios as desired for the amount of deflection you want.

You may need to use the Absolute Travel to keep from overdriving servos.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:50 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
I have upgraded, and the effect it has had on my models (12 in total) is minimal. I have had to redo the reversed channels that had subtrim but it was an easy sort out. All my flybarless heli's (4 in total) have been easy to put back to centre. I have yet to get round to my vbarred heli but I guess this will be the same.

I am a bit cheesed off about the end point adjustment being reversed on reversed channels and also that it seems to have got worse, but I reckon they are working on a fix just need time to get it in the right place at the right time.

I have noticed something though on a positive note, Before I updated I re callibrated the hand set, then I updated. When I revisited my flybarless heli's the stick inputs needed no subtrim and the end throws where at 100%, this was not the case before, they needed 6 points of subtrim to centre and 3 points on end throw to make 100% throw. That has made my set ups dead easy and I can now relate the stick input to the displayed tx and computer values.
So I am pleased that the update has made my setups easier to accomplish.

The mixer bug caught me out, and I am glad that was fixed, I like the backlight options and the TX idle alarm can now be configured to different times.

You should have no fears in upgrading to 2.05 it works well.
Thanks for your input. I was also looking forward to the fixes and enhancements. However I think I wait a little bit more as Andy said a new update is on it's way with an easier way to upgrade.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:55 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,290 Posts
Don't confuse the DX8 thread versus DX18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Håkan,The issue is only for reversed channels with non-zero subtrims or asymmetric travel ranges. If you don't use sub-trim and have equal throws on the reversed channels, you will be fine.
If you can wait a few weeks, we are working on an update which will make the update smoother for you.If you don't have channels in an aircraft meeting those requirements, then you won't run into any problems.
Andy
It may have been posted here but it's ment for the DX8 IMO
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:04 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Don't confuse the DX8 thread versus DX18.

It may have been posted here but it's ment for the DX8 IMO
To mix up things even worse, I happen to have the DX8 but writing in the DX18
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:13 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,290 Posts
I figured that when you posted update version 2.05 (DX8).

The DX18 is at 1.02
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:16 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,518 Posts
Well I just joined the owners club. Sold my A9 (loved it) but I have too many BNF planes and micros so needed an upgrade to my trusted but old DX7.

Hope I don't miss the touch screen too much!

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member