HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:58 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spouny View Post
Thank you.
I practise from time the FPV, and fast jets, transmitter range and radio link reliability are thus essential things for me.
For long range FPV Mhz is better. But for the rest it will do perfectly.
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:04 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John R. View Post
I am setting up my DX18 for a 450X using the Beastx set on transmitter setting. When setting the DR and Expo for the aileron, elevator, and the rudder should the switch setting be set at the "on" position or the "flight mode" position?
Thanks, John
John
If you set it to "On" the(one) setting will be in effect all the time.If you set it to a switch you will put settings in for every position of the switch.Each one of the surfaces(ail,ele,rud) can be assigned to different switches or all assigned to one.Or any combination.
Personally for the most part I assign my D/R expo to one switch.I prefer to use Ail D/R switch for all.One position 100% rate with no expo,another 100% rate with maybe 30-40 of expo,and the third with 70% or so of rate and maybe 20-25 expo.The numbers arent the same for every model.You just kind of have to learn what is comfortable for your style and put them in accordingly.
I have a couple models that I tie my rates and expo to Flightmode.All the rest I use a a separate switch.Some guys like their rates and expos all on separate switches.I like them all on one for the most part.Alot of it is personal preference.Theres no one "right" way to do them.

Play around with it some more and it should start to make sense.If it doesnt ask again.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:55 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
Well, I did what you said, Andy. The trouble is that in the Flap System, these 6 switches do not give the option for speed: Throttle Stick, R Knob, L Lever, R Lever, LTrimD, RTrimD - none of these had any options. (Even LTrimA and RTrimA gave me 3 Pos and Speed.
Those are analog mode inputs for the flap system. If you want elevator com on them, use a curve mix to do it. There is no speed limiting then, though, as your thumb will provide it.

Ele comp is only available using digital selectors.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:59 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spouny View Post
I have another question about that, maybee you know that the French law was modified on July 1st, 2012, the limitation about the frequency range have been removed.
Did you plan to modify the transmitters sold in France accordingly to this modification of the law (that would be a good thing for us), and if yes, when?
No need to. You just set to EU mode and re-bind each model that was previously bond in FR mode.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:55 PM
low, left, & fast
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Joined Dec 2004
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Those are analog mode inputs for the flap system. If you want elevator com on them, use a curve mix to do it. There is no speed limiting then, though, as your thumb will provide it.

Ele comp is only available using digital selectors.

Andy
That's entirely my point Andy. Without trying to sound mean (I'm not)...Why Not?

Why can it not have full proportional with full compensation at slow speed settings? I personally have been waiting for a radio to do that for a very long time.
nuts-n-volts is offline Find More Posts by nuts-n-volts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:46 PM
Joined Sep 2008
85 Posts
Aerocal
Thanks for the reply!
John
John R. is offline Find More Posts by John R.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:51 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
That's entirely my point Andy. Without trying to sound mean (I'm not)...Why Not?

Why can it not have full proportional with full compensation at slow speed settings? I personally have been waiting for a radio to do that for a very long time.
Mathematically speaking, if you are doing it with a switch, you are defining 3 points where you want to have the flaps and elevator settings match certain points. Think back to math in high school: When you have 3 points, you are by definition creating an arc. As you move the switch, the slow-down function is following the arc, albeit somewhat crudely. Think of it as a 3-point curve mix.

When you are doing it with a slider, you are obviously interested in more precision than doing it with a crude 3-point curve mix. Instead, you would actually define the position using a curve mix function.

That's why it's not there under Flap System - you make the curve mix yourself in the Mix menu.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:23 AM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,084 Posts
When the amp sensor becomes available for telemetry, will we have the ability for it to count mAh's used? To me this would be a valuable tool in getting the most flight time out of your batteries without going over 80%.
dfrazier is online now Find More Posts by dfrazier
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:37 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrazier View Post
When the amp sensor becomes available for telemetry, will we have the ability for it to count mAh's used? To me this would be a valuable tool in getting the most flight time out of your batteries without going over 80%.
It's a Current Sensor.

We have a capacity sensor announced for receiver packs. We do not have one announced for flight packs.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:39 AM
low, left, & fast
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Joined Dec 2004
147 Posts
Quote:
Mathematically speaking, if you are doing it with a switch, you are defining 3 points where you want to have the flaps and elevator settings match certain points. Think back to math in high school: When you have 3 points, you are by definition creating an arc. As you move the switch, the slow-down function is following the arc, albeit somewhat crudely. Think of it as a 3-point curve mix.

When you are doing it with a slider, you are obviously interested in more precision than doing it with a crude 3-point curve mix. Instead, you would actually define the position using a curve mix function.

That's why it's not there under Flap System - you make the curve mix yourself in the Mix menu.

Andy
Andy, while I agree with you're explanation (Thanks), it still does not give me what I want. I want it to stop wherever I want. Not just at 3 pre-determined points. 3 points mean just that. Curve or none. Yes, it will move slow with compensation, but not stop anywhere in between those 3.

You can get 5 if you go thru Flight Mode first. The L Lever will always do UP and DOWN at its extremes, but then you're relegated to picking (with the FM Switch) what MIDDLE Position is selected. 5 stop points, but way too confusing (2 different controls). And still no stopping in between any of these 5 points even tho they would be enough.

Of course, like you said I could simply mix elevator to flap, but then I'm back to moving the L Lever slow for matching compensation. I should not need to do that with this radio. I can do that with my 10x.

If I want to try to do this last "old" mix and see if I can match speeds with both, I lose my fast speed on normal use elevator and that would not be good.

Bottom line is this. For a top of the line radio, I believe this mix is essential as it has been wanted in radios for a long time.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:55 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,491 Posts
Sounds like you might want to experiment with the sailplane Camber System and Camber Preset functions then. They are not available in Acro mode, but I think you'd find they fit your desire better.

Have you tried using a sequencer yet? When you use it with a 3-position switch you can have one extreme (0/2) for forward movement, the other (2/0) for return, and "off" in the center.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:01 AM
low, left, & fast
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Joined Dec 2004
147 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like you might want to experiment with the sailplane Camber System and Camber Preset functions then. They are not available in Acro mode, but I think you'd find they fit your desire better.

Have you tried using a sequencer yet? When you use it with a 3-position switch you can have one extreme (0/2) for forward movement, the other (2/0) for return, and "off" in the center.

Andy
Cool. Lemme try those. I'll post back. Thanks for the help, Andy.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:02 AM
Leeds/Bradford Leeds, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jun 2003
1,539 Posts
Got my Dx18 and started setting up my six servo wing on my glider okay but i have a twin pusher jet with Thrust vectoring on the motors and iam stuck. Can someone explain in simple terms how to fly my jet which has elevons for control and then with a switch turn on the thrust vectoring to move with airleron and elevator control. thank you.
glenbees is offline Find More Posts by glenbees
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:37 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,316 Posts
When you create your MIXES for your trust vectoring to the proper master Aileron and Elevator. Just use the same switch for the mixes.

That way one switch is needed to turn on/off the TV setup.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:40 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,383 Posts
glenbees
You have 2 axis(360 degree) vectoring if Im reading your post right.
Set it all up normally and then for the vectoring pick 2 Aux channels one for up/down and one for left/right vectors.Then create a Mix for each.Ele>Aux? for the up/down and Rud>Aux? for the left/right.If you cant y-harness the vector axis together on both sides due to opposite geometry not having both move in unison you may have to break the 2 axis on each side into 4 Aux channels and make an independant mix for each to get them all working in the correct direction.You could use a reverser or modify the geometry also instead of having to use 4 extra channels.With 4 channels though you do have alot more flexibility with trim and travel adjustments.Make sure you Inh the channel input for the Aux channels and then assign the mixes to the switch of your choice in the mix menus.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal