HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:41 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,532 Posts
Give it a try. With a cheap model. But it could have been something else, though. I noticed also some telemetry dropouts during range test yesterday, which had no issues today. This could also be related to 'numbing' the rf part during range check, but also to some jamming/noise.
Anyway, spooky.
Andy, if I downgrade to 1.01b and if there was a new RF firmware in 1.01 final, would the RF part be also downgraded ? (I would not downgrade the RF part, if I were the programmer :-) )
Or is the rf part the same ? I would love to see the rf firmware changes in the changelog. At least that something changed.
Mukenukem is offline Find More Posts by Mukenukem
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:59 AM
United States, NH, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2002
1,023 Posts
Just updated mine. I've never been able to get beyond 30M on a range check, 31M it holds. I'll try it again today or tomorrow and see what it'll do with the new firmware. It would be nice if we could see better rf performance with just a firmware update. Generally with radios I am in the "if it's working don't mess with it" camp, so I don't touch firmware updates unless there is a real reason, but I'll give this one a shot.
ncrego is online now Find More Posts by ncrego
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:01 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblister View Post
New DX18 update released.

DX18 Version 1.01:

Enabled telemetry sensor for GPS, JetCat, and High Current (Amps)
Enabled up to 32-pole motors for the Brushless RPM sensor
Enabled access to more switches as telemetry log starters
Enabled French and Italian languages. Note that these are two separate
downloads (English/German/French or English/Italian)
Improved interchange with DX10t-created SPM files
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrego View Post
Just updated mine. I've never been able to get beyond 30M on a range check, 31M it holds. I'll try it again today or tomorrow and see what it'll do with the new firmware. It would be nice if we could see better rf performance with just a firmware update. Generally with radios I am in the "if it's working don't mess with it" camp, so I don't touch firmware updates unless there is a real reason, but I'll give this one a shot.
Was there supposed to be an RF improvement?

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:02 AM
Joined Aug 2002
1,023 Posts
Did you not read the post a couple above mine where someone posted that he got significantly better RF performance after the update?
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:04 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Did you not read the post a couple above mine where someone posted that he got significantly better RF performance after the update?
Of course I did and I repeat, was there an "Official" RF improvement in the update?

VP
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Aug 2002
1,023 Posts
How about your own post where you pasted in the official update list? Did you read that?
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:16 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,171 Posts
Say, did the telemetry thingy show up?
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:18 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
How about your own post where you pasted in the official update list? Did you read that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Of course I did and I repeat, was there an "Official" RF improvement in the update?

VP
Yup, here it is:

New DX18 update released.

DX18 Version 1.01:

Enabled telemetry sensor for GPS, JetCat, and High Current (Amps)
Enabled up to 32-pole motors for the Brushless RPM sensor
Enabled access to more switches as telemetry log starters
Enabled French and Italian languages. Note that these are two separate
downloads (English/German/French or English/Italian)
Improved interchange with DX10t-created SPM files

Are you trying to hide something from me?

VP
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:41 AM
Joined Aug 2002
1,023 Posts
OK VP, so you have read the official docs and the rest of this thread, so why ask the question if you know the answer? Just to up your post count and waste everyone's time?
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:50 AM
Certified Propellerhead
Copenhagen, Denmark
Joined Mar 2001
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
Give it a try. With a cheap model. But it could have been something else, though.
I will give it a try, but not with a cheap model. I am going to do the same setup as I described earlier. Two receivers, one for controlling the plane and to serve as a reference (with DX8), and one just to log the performance of the DX18.
Mikael Pedersen is offline Find More Posts by Mikael Pedersen
Old Aug 05, 2012, 10:03 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
OK VP, so you have read the official docs and the rest of this thread, so why ask the question if you know the answer? Just to up your post count and waste everyone's time?
Not having registered a DX18 I cannot read the "Official" update, that is why I was asking. You are the one wasting time and posts.

VP
Old Aug 05, 2012, 10:06 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Pedersen View Post
I will give it a try, but not with a cheap model. I am going to do the same setup as I described earlier. Two receivers, one for controlling the plane and to serve as a reference (with DX8), and one just to log the performance of the DX18.
That is an interesting experiment, how do you have them connected? So you will have both the DX8 and DX18 on and Txing to the 2 different Rxs?

VP
Old Aug 05, 2012, 10:18 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Pedersen View Post
Mikael
I was advised that having 2 Rxs on 2 seperate Txs running in close proximity(same model/within a couple feet of each other) was not advisable.This would be especially true if one or both were using a TM module.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Aug 05, 2012, 10:20 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
That is an interesting experiment, how do you have them connected? So you will have both the DX8 and DX18 on and Txing to the 2 different Rxs?

VP
Yes it would be.Why dont you try putting 2 Rxs and TM modules in the same plane and let us know how it works out for you.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Aug 05, 2012, 10:24 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Yes it would be.Why dont you try putting 2 Rxs and TM modules in the same plane and let us know how it works out for you.
I dont believe I was asking you.

VP