HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:27 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
What is so important from the document you posted and share with your club members that you think my comment of read one read them all does not apply?
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:32 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,179 Posts
You know, this radio looks so good on paper I wish I'd had children so I'd have gotten one for Father's Day (well, almost).
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:33 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
What is so important from the document you posted and share with your club members that you think my comment of read one read them all does not apply?
Okay. I am Safety Officer at my club. I have seen members store their LiPos in toolboxes mixed with metal tools, I have seen many puffed LiPos, I know many members always keep their batteries fully charged and even top them off before a flight, I have seen many "Unexplained" crashes and "Fly-Aways". I have heard one member state he was a "Chemist" and that he rebuilds and modifies old LiPos. I have yet to see a LiPo fire in person, but with actions like these I wont be surprised when I do.

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:40 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
That all falls in the general rule of safety for lipo. Again nothing special from that specific document you posted.

What you should do is inform them and or direct them to the battery section and recommend they read up on the stickies about lipo use and safety if that is part of your job.

The more you bring up stuff from your club the more I am happy I am not part of it from the way you describe them.

Are you aware if any club members being RCG members, would luv to get their take on there clubs safety officer.
You know to get both side of the story.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:47 AM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Mini, Pete does, from time to time, turn up a helpful issue. Say, I love your part of Canada. I wish I were in Jasper or Victoria right now!
I am not sure that what gets turned up is worth dealing with the signal to noise ratio involved....
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:49 AM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,479 Posts
got play with a DX18 the other day at a fun fly i have to say i like it

might have to look in to one at some point
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:55 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
@ Elios000 - What radio do you currently have?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:02 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
That all falls in the general rule of safety for lipo. Again nothing special from that specific document you posted.

What you should do is inform them and or direct them to the battery section and recommend they read up on the stickies about lipo use and safety if that is part of your job.

The more you bring up stuff from your club the more I am happy I am not part of it from the way you describe them.

Are you aware if any club members being RCG members, would luv to get their take on there clubs safety officer.
You know to get both side of the story.
Was E-Flite's document suppose to be "Special" for your approval?
I think my handing out the E-Flite documents is an appropriate action for a Safety Officer, I dont need to "Enforce" that they spend time reading
Stickies".. There are only 3 members that I am aware of who are RCGroups members. They are also in my "Friends List".

VP
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:05 AM View Post
Minimog
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:14 AM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,479 Posts
Quote:
@ Elios000 - What radio do you currently have?
i have a DX8 and the old DX7
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:29 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
Your right Pete it didn't and his not special and why it fits very well in my comment Read one read them all.

You're the one that did not seem to approve my comment and have not said and posted anything to suggest it was wrong.

So thanks for that very helpful topic.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:31 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
i have a DX8 and the old DX7
Same here sort of, I have DX8 & DX6i and look forward to the day I get one. Will be a nice addition to my radio set.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:41 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Your right Pete it didn't and his not special and why it fits very well in my comment Read one read them all.

You're the one that did not seem to approve my comment and have not said and posted anything to suggest it was wrong.

So thanks for that very helpful topic.
So what was the purpose of all your posts?

VP
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:49 AM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
With charging "Experiments" like the one above being posted, I think "LiPo Safety Awareness" is a major concern.

VP
If you are worried about a charge wire with 2 different plugs on it then I bet you will have a heart attack if you see the charge lead from Hobby King that has 19 different plugs.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...apter_Set.html
dfrazier is offline Find More Posts by dfrazier
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:49 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
Same purpose as yours, useless. You can't make sense when talking to someone without it.