Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:38 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdorn1 View Post
Woot.. thanks Roger... it was the labeling on the sides of the rx that threw me off.

So Rx is good woot. as for the r dial... maybe after the new transmitter excitement wears off i will send it it to get fixed.

R/
I was pretty sure that was what the problem was. I posted the same solution to this when you posted on RCU.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:41 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I assumed consistency with the visual ergonomics of the DX18 and DX8.

VP
You know the old saw about what you get when you assume, right?...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:44 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,581 Posts
Quote:
An acceptable inactivity alarm would be a periodic beep every minute or so. A peaceful reminder your Tx is on.

VP
A peaceful reminder ?
Hoboy-----
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:45 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,484 Posts
Quote:
"Hobble"? Really? The DX8 is "Hobbley"? I would expect consistency with the screens on the DX18 and DX8.

VP
Given that the feature set of the DX18 is greatly enhanced over the DX8, the DX8 is technically hobbled in comparison to the DX18. This is not a bad thing when the DX8 costs half of the DX18.

Someone once said that "....consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"... (slightly misquoted on purpose)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:02 PM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvinvegas View Post
Speaking of Throttle Curve. Why does it only let you curve 5 points and you can't access 6 and 7?
You have to manually add points 6 & 7. Move the throttle stick in an area between the other points and at the bottom of the screen you will see it show "add point". Scroll down to the bottom over "add point" and click it. If you want the points spaced evenly across the whole range you will first need to remove the points at 25% and 75% using the same method listed above then add them back where you want.
dfrazier is offline Find More Posts by dfrazier
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:24 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
You know the old saw about what you get when you assume, right?...
Yep, an expensive Tx with "Tiny Text"!

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:25 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
A peaceful reminder ?
Hoboy-----
Exactly.

VP
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:26 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
Given that the feature set of the DX18 is greatly enhanced over the DX8, the DX8 is technically hobbled in comparison to the DX18. This is not a bad thing when the DX8 costs half of the DX18.

Someone once said that "....consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"... (slightly misquoted on purpose)
The DX18 is "Visually Hobbled".

VP
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:47 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,484 Posts
Quote:
The DX18 is "Visually Hobbled".

VP
Not in most peoples opinion..;..

You are an excellent case study that proves that you cannot please all the people all the time...or even some of the time...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:00 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheli22 View Post
DX18 Throttle Curve (Graph) Anomaly...

Couldn't find this discussed but.. In the Throttle Curve screen, if you setup two different throttle curves and assign to a switch, the GRAPH doesn't show the correct Curve when toggling the switch. (Graph only changes when selecting Curve 0 or 1 parameter.) Although the NAME on the Graph changes (ie. Pos0 / Pos1) with the switch but shows the wrong graph...

Other DX18 setup functions with Graphs (ie. D/R & Expo) show the correct name associated with the Graph...

What's up with this ??
You can "disconnect" and "reconnect" them by using the Curve option.

If you exit the screen, they are connected by default and the switch works to select the graph as you expect. Once you change the curve manually, they become disconnected (independent).

The label in the top always shows the current switch position.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:50 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,923 Posts
I havent had a chance to jold one yet. I respond well to tactile objects. Hopefully this will get a tick.

Maybe one for the future.... I love my FPV... It would be great to have any switch change or slider change flash on the goggles for a couple of seconds, like the volume prompt or channel name hates flashed on a television screen.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:53 PM
Wings that Swing
United States, NC
Joined Jan 2012
59 Posts
Andy..

Didn't quite understand your reply about the Connect / Disconnect thing on the Throttle Curve Graph...

Other Setup Screens change the Graph when you toggle a switch - The Throttle Curve doesn't.. More importantly, the label changes on the Graph when you toggle, showing the Wrong curve...

I'm sure others have noticed this - or Not?

Can you try to explain it again...
Am I missing something here?

Thanks..
iheli22 is offline Find More Posts by iheli22
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:29 PM
United States, KS, Rose Hill
Joined Sep 2007
731 Posts
I have removed this post at the request of RC Groups.
Cherokee Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Cherokee Flyer
Last edited by Cherokee Flyer; Jun 10, 2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:35 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,477 Posts
The throttle curve is handled differently than the other curves. The behavior you have is exactly what the spec says it should be for the throttle curve and the different behavior on others is what the spec says they should be.

The current position of the switch is in the top left corner. It shows in text what the switch is set to. It's not always easy to see the position marker below the checkboxes especially if you use Flight Mode as the switch. This is the not title of the graph you're looking at, it's the name of the switch position.

Throttle curves are specifically disconnected from the switch position so that you can select a curve w/o causing a change to the throttle servo.

The other curves default to being connected so that you can see the change immediately on the aircraft.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:04 PM
Wings that Swing
United States, NC
Joined Jan 2012
59 Posts
Hey Andy..

A little bit confusing - as I would think that the UI should reflect the switch setting..

Thanks for explaining this again.
( I'll try to get my head around it

Thanks for the quick reply...
iheli22 is offline Find More Posts by iheli22