HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:56 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Inactivity Alarm

Can the Inactivity Alarm be configured to eliminate the Vibe Alarm?

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:59 AM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2010
823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I assumed consistency with the visual ergonomics of the DX18 and DX8.
... and what exactly was the basis for your assumption?

Sorry, couldn't resist that one

Seriously though, I'm struggling to think of any other radios where the 'visual ergonomics' of the low-mid end radios was the same as the higher-end radios?
Telrin is offline Find More Posts by Telrin
Old Jun 08, 2012, 06:37 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telrin View Post
... and what exactly was the basis for your assumption?

Sorry, couldn't resist that one

Seriously though, I'm struggling to think of any other radios where the 'visual ergonomics' of the low-mid end radios was the same as the higher-end radios?
Logic.

VP

PS: So are you saying it is "Normal" for the "Visual Ergonomics" to be compromised on the high end radios?
Old Jun 08, 2012, 06:45 AM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2010
823 Posts
Quote:
PS: So are you saying it is "Normal" for the "Visual Ergonomics" to be compromised on the high end radios?
No, quite the opposite, I'd argue that they are improved by using smaller fonts and larger screens so you can see and do more without having to scroll around to different screens or selections.

You seem to equate 'ergonomics' purely with text size but the usability of an interface is much more than just the size.

To follow your perspective requires that we accept that the text is now 'too small' when it seems that a majority of people do not agree with that view.

'Smaller' is not automatically a bad thing when it was already larger than it needed to be.

The text size limited what was possible on the DX8 screen, the DX18 needed more room and it has it thanks to the screen size and pixel density.

I don't expect to convince you that the DX18 is an improvement as it is your personal perspective that it isn't, but you can't expect everyone else to accept that there is any 'logic' or natural expectation to support your view either.

I don't doubt we'll go around the circle a few more time though in the weeks and months ahead.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 06:47 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky View Post
Yes, when you register the serial number, you can get a version of the software that does not nag you about registering. It downloaded and installed just fine from my Macbook.

Bob
Glad to hear that . Thank you for your input.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:06 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvinvegas View Post
Andy,

Several times we have run into a situation where, Aux 4 will not allow you to pick Aux 4 or other random Aux's. It will skip over them and not give it as a choice. On many models we have had to physically take out the RX and move to another channel.

What are we doing wrong?
If a channel is owned by the channel processor, you cannot change its input source. There are ways to fool it (set the input before selecting the wing type) but that may not give what you want in a future version.

If you are talking about the Receiver Port screen, then you need to note that you are assigning "Function Outputs" to the channel ports. A "Function Output" is something like "Rudder" or "Left Aileron."

Can you be more specific as to what you're trying to do?

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:08 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,802 Posts
Quote:

VP
HOLD ON! This is one of your big gripes with the DX8, and you mean to tell us you didn't check it out first?!?!?! And you didn't even look in a manual!?!?

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:11 AM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2010
823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
HOLD ON! This is one of your big gripes with the DX8, and you mean to tell us you didn't check it out first?!?!?! And you didn't even look in a manual!?!?
If we let the irony slide for a moment tempting as it is ...

I did read the manual and from what I could see there is a global vibe alarm off feature and there is a specific inactivity alarm deactivate option, but I couldn't see if you had the option to specifically deactivate the vibe on the inactivity alarm only?

For me at least a global vibe off works just fine, but I couldn't answer Pete's question based on the manual alone.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:12 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

Andy
Assume nothing (again) Of course I know it can be "Inhibited". But it doesnt seem as though you can eliminate JUST the VIBE.

VP
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:22 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
7,182 Posts
removed
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Last edited by richard hanson; Jun 08, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:39 AM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,207 Posts
Quote:

VP
I just checked on mine and even though the vibrate function can be inhibited, it still vibrates on inactivity.
dfrazier is online now Find More Posts by dfrazier
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:02 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jan 2010
823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrazier View Post
I just checked on mine and even though the vibrate function can be inhibited, it still vibrates on inactivity.
Thanks for that, it wasn't possible to figure out from the manual.

But you do still have the option to disable the inactivity warning completely though, right?

Pity it was done that way though.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:16 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
An acceptable inactivity alarm would be a periodic beep every minute or so. A peaceful reminder your Tx is on.

VP
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:28 PM
Wings that Swing
United States, NC
Joined Jan 2012
59 Posts
DX18 Throttle Curve (Graph) Anomaly...

Couldn't find this discussed but.. In the Throttle Curve screen, if you setup two different throttle curves and assign to a switch, the GRAPH doesn't show the correct Curve when toggling the switch. (Graph only changes when selecting Curve 0 or 1 parameter.) Although the NAME on the Graph changes (ie. Pos0 / Pos1) with the switch but shows the wrong graph...

Other DX18 setup functions with Graphs (ie. D/R & Expo) show the correct name associated with the Graph...

What's up with this ??
iheli22 is offline Find More Posts by iheli22
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:42 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2006
505 Posts
Speaking of Throttle Curve. Why does it only let you curve 5 points and you can't access 6 and 7?
stvinvegas is offline Find More Posts by stvinvegas