to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:48 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Admitting you need glasses is the first step in the right direction.
Maybe Freechip needs a prescription, but I dont. I can see the text just fine on the DX8 minus the trim displays of course.

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 05, 2012, 01:04 PM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Which way did you set up those channels? Can you attach the SPM file?

Andy
Don't have the TX near me now but will try to get a file uploaded later.
dfrazier is online now Find More Posts by dfrazier
Old Jun 05, 2012, 01:06 PM
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Aug 2006
121 Posts
telemetry

I think that all receivers should have built in battery pack voltage telemetry and but the add on module for additional telemetry. At least that is what I am hopingfor.
brentrob is offline Find More Posts by brentrob
Old Jun 05, 2012, 01:07 PM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
If there only going to 29% then they are setup as trims for those channels
Thats possible. I thought I set it up correctly but I have been wrong before. I am not near my Tx right now to check but I believe in the channel assignment screen I chose the Lt and Rt digital trims as inputs.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 01:08 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,880 Posts
Edit. I shouldn t allow myself to get so worked up about it.
struggleforlife is online now Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Jun 05, 2012, 01:20 PM
Bedford, Mass. USA
Joined Dec 2007
386 Posts
I need to wear glasses to read a paperback or a PC screen at my preferred resolution. Without my glasses I can see the text on the DX-18 fine.

I like the screen resolution of the DX-18, it allows for more information being displayed and crisp text (even if it is smaller).
javabeans is offline Find More Posts by javabeans
Old Jun 05, 2012, 01:38 PM
Italy
Joined Nov 2009
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentrob View Post
I think that all receivers should have built in battery pack voltage telemetry and but the add on module for additional telemetry. At least that is what I am hopingfor.
me too!!!

Also because all the other manufacturers have already!
rillo75 is online now Find More Posts by rillo75
Old Jun 05, 2012, 05:32 PM
Germany, NDS, Brunswick
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
When will the DX 18 be available over here in europe?
I hope soon.
HeldderStille is offline Find More Posts by HeldderStille
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:23 PM
Citizen #302
USA, OR, Canby
Joined Oct 2007
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncarbon View Post
Can some one measure the base of the radio to antenna tip.....I have a case I want to fit it in. Thank you!

Ned
Did you ever get an answer? I searched and could not find, I also would like to know if it will fit in the case I have (it is 12 1/2 inches inside)

Bill
Kam Arrow is offline Find More Posts by Kam Arrow
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:06 PM
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
1,188 Posts
I just measured mine and it is 11 3/4" standing on my bench with a ruler measuring base to top of antenna.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam Arrow View Post
Did you ever get an answer? I searched and could not find, I also would like to know if it will fit in the case I have (it is 12 1/2 inches inside)

Bill
Snowflake6515 is online now Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:30 PM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrazier View Post
I did find 1 small issue. I set up the L and R digital trims as auxiliary channels to be used as gain channels for my DJI NAZA flight controller and on the monitor screen the values only go to 29% both ways. I ended up solving the problem but I had to set the travel limits to 150% and also setting up a gear/gear p.mix with the values maxed out. I can now get 99% in both directions on both channels.
Andy and Freechip.
I figured out the problem with the L trim and R trim Issue. It was my fault. I assigned the channel inputs to LTrD and and RTrD. I did not scroll far enough to see there was a LTrA and RTrA. I changed the inputs to these, disabled the mixes and reset the endpoints to 100 on both ends and it now goes to 100% both ways.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 11:21 PM
Citizen #302
USA, OR, Canby
Joined Oct 2007
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515 View Post
I just measured mine and it is 11 3/4" standing on my bench with a ruler measuring base to top of antenna.

Michael
Thank you

Bill
Kam Arrow is offline Find More Posts by Kam Arrow
Old Jun 06, 2012, 01:30 AM
San Jose, CA USA
Joined Oct 1999
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
So I would guess it is the glow/gas and maybe Jet pilots that care about analog or digital on the "throttle" stick.
I do electric and also turbines. Like you, I never touch throttle trim on electrics.

On a turbine, the ones I have used are set for idle at high trim and engine kill at low trim, so analog is nice for that... BUT AMA regs require a kill switch anyway, and it should be accessible in flight by your caller. (shutting down the engine before a crash GREATLY reduces the chance of fire.. even 1 second makes a huge difference.) So, I just set high trim, and leave it there and use the kill switch. So, digital vs analog just does not matter to me.
parky is offline Find More Posts by parky
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:46 AM
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Apr 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Select another switch then come back to I and see if that resolves it.

Andy
Hi Andy, thanks for the support. I solved my problem, switch was fine but I had forgotten that the black check boxes mean “selected”, so I inadvertently “unselected” all the control functions of the slave unit.Rectified this.
What I am noticing now is that there is a jump in trim between the master and slave in Pilot Link mode when buttion I is pressed/released.
stanh2 is offline Find More Posts by stanh2