HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2012, 12:03 AM
Norway
Joined Dec 2007
1,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coot83 View Post
I was told that they had 11 come in for their first shipment and 5 of them had broken off on the nose while still in the box!.
Coot
I've got the E-flite P-40, Kyosho Spitfire, Bf.109 and Art-Tech F-4U. Non of them
had any damage out of the box. No nose reinforcement needed.

BUT the motor mount was loose on both E-flite and Kyosho's. To get these
birds shine I would recomend replace motor and ESC with something
lighter. I've done so on all except the Bf.109 who I try to keep stock.
FLOEY is offline Find More Posts by FLOEY
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2012, 01:48 AM
Joined May 2011
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
Nope. I can't give you the details but we were the first with the P-40. Kyosho picked it up after we did.

I've said it before (possibly even in this thread) but this Zero is ours and ours alone. It doesn't belong to anyone else and won't be sold to anyone else.
Remember when Horizon Hobby would never do a Zero?! Sorry Dave, but other companies beat you to the punch with bigger Zeros and there is a target market out there that bought them. Why all of a sudden an interest by Horizon Hobby? Your guys are killing me! My money went to the bigger sizes out there.
blkrvn1993 is offline Find More Posts by blkrvn1993
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:11 AM
You haz hurricane?
United States, VA, Portsmouth
Joined Jun 2012
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrvn1993 View Post
Remember when Horizon Hobby would never do a Zero?!

My money went to the bigger sizes out there.
That scares me that at one time they didnt want to make one. When I first got into the Hobby I thought for sure they would make a parkzone version since they had a BF-109 and so I held off on the FMS for a while. I was rather bummed when I first heard that they decided to make this zero as a 2S plane instead of a big boy that could fly with the rest of my fleet, so hello FMS!

Coot
Coot83 is offline Find More Posts by Coot83
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:17 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coot83 View Post
That scares me that at one time they didnt want to make one. When I first got into the Hobby I thought for sure they would make a parkzone version since they had a BF-109 and so I held off on the FMS for a while. I was rather bummed when I first heard that they decided to make this zero as a 2S plane instead of a big boy that could fly with the rest of my fleet, so hello FMS!

Coot

And I was waiting for them to make a proper micro Zero, so much so I ended up converting my T-28 into a Zero.
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Aug 04, 2012, 03:20 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,968 Posts
Another good HH offering!

Mine arrived yesterday, and I put it together last night. I had trouble at first getting it to bind, but hit on using a small alligator clip to connect the two pins and then had no problem. After that, the motor wouldn't start--it turned out the ESC was bad. Fortunately, I had a spare and could swap it out. I was then a little concerned about whether the ailerons had enough travel, and needed to reattach the metal plate that the canopy magnet attaches to. So, I felt that my odds of a good maiden were slim. I took her out this morning, and boy was I surprised! She's a great flyer. I put 4 of the recommended 2S's through her, and thought that she had more than enough power for the park--I had no problem doing even pretty large loops from level flight, and was comfortable enough to be doing avalanches pretty quickly. She slowed down well when I dropped power to come in to land, and had no problem keeping her wings level until finally dropping the last inch or two into the grass. I then tried 3S's, and thought it was almost too much--a definite jump in power and speed to the point that I was uncomfortable and had to throttle back. 2S's are plenty. She also looks great--plenty of detail, and dark olive and red insignia against the sky. My only caution is that mine, at least, pulls left pretty hard when launched--no problem and no surprise for a warbird, but just more than I'd expected. I'll be flying this one until it wears out!
GradyLee is online now Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Aug 04, 2012, 03:35 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,143 Posts
yea, I'd like to see a japanese plane in the parkzone sizes. something I can fly with my pacific theater Thunderbolt...
JDMJim is online now Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Aug 04, 2012, 03:47 PM
Georgetown IN
Joined Jul 2010
1,026 Posts
...or a Hellcat in the size of this Zero.
10AE is offline Find More Posts by 10AE
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:05 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10AE View Post
...or a Hellcat in the size of this Zero.
With the twist n turn retracts around the corner I'd love to see a pz size hellcat. Although whatever size a hellcat comes you can bet it'll fly well.
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:31 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,775 Posts
Forgot all about HH's marketing research saying Axis planes won't sell...time must have changed. A Dauntless or Avenger would be cool to...and they're not Axis planes either.
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:41 PM
You haz hurricane?
United States, VA, Portsmouth
Joined Jun 2012
1,240 Posts
I agree that other planes would sell for the simple fact that the HH community doesnt have any other options besides the BF109 which is ok but it doesnt even have retracts for it! If I had a choice, I think it would be genious if they had some russian plane from WW2 since the RC community seems pretty limited from planes like those. Embrace some change HH!

Coot
Coot83 is offline Find More Posts by Coot83
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Jul 2008
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee View Post
Mine arrived yesterday, and I put it together last night. I had trouble at first getting it to bind, but hit on using a small alligator clip to connect the two pins and then had no problem. After that, the motor wouldn't start--it turned out the ESC was bad. Fortunately, I had a spare and could swap it out. I was then a little concerned about whether the ailerons had enough travel, and needed to reattach the metal plate that the canopy magnet attaches to. So, I felt that my odds of a good maiden were slim. I took her out this morning, and boy was I surprised! She's a great flyer. I put 4 of the recommended 2S's through her, and thought that she had more than enough power for the park--I had no problem doing even pretty large loops from level flight, and was comfortable enough to be doing avalanches pretty quickly. She slowed down well when I dropped power to come in to land, and had no problem keeping her wings level until finally dropping the last inch or two into the grass. I then tried 3S's, and thought it was almost too much--a definite jump in power and speed to the point that I was uncomfortable and had to throttle back. 2S's are plenty. She also looks great--plenty of detail, and dark olive and red insignia against the sky. My only caution is that mine, at least, pulls left pretty hard when launched--no problem and no surprise for a warbird, but just more than I'd expected. I'll be flying this one until it wears out!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe that because of your throttle trim not move to the lowest position Cause ESC doesn't work.
hh2005 is offline Find More Posts by hh2005
Old Aug 04, 2012, 11:19 PM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
556 Posts
Did any of you guys put the guns on the wings? I have not because I didn't think they would last very long landing in grass.
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
Old Aug 05, 2012, 12:52 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,595 Posts
I must be plagued by good luck as mine doesn't seem to have any issues other then the magnet fell off. My tail is quite straight. I like the pilot too.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:44 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hh2005 View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe that because of your throttle trim not move to the lowest position Cause ESC doesn't work.
i too was caught out by this the first time i tried to Bind the motor didn't work, i was stumped so i read the manual and although i had seen it writen before with other planes, i have never on any of my fleet ever put the trim all the way down, i always leave it at the middle position anyway seeing as it said to move it all the way down i did Problem fixed

guess i really should of mentioned this as i'm sure others will get caught too.

anyone have any idea why this model requires it to be at the lowest setting? because as said i have never had to do it before

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:58 AM
Georgetown IN
Joined Jul 2010
1,026 Posts
I too had to lower throttle trim. Strangely, I have the 10 amp Eflite ESC is my Grasshopper, but it works with trim centered.

If someone could explain this phenomon it would be appreciated.
10AE is offline Find More Posts by 10AE