HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:33 AM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
New Product
E-flite 300 A6M5 Zero BNF Basic

Nah, they'll never do a Zero. $150 list price for the BNF basic. That should mean everything is included but the battery. Suggested battery is a 2 cell.

~ Authentic scale detail, interior and near-perfect outline
~ Highly prefabricated with tail feathers, control horns and servo linkages installed
~ Factory installed 300-size brushless outrunner motor and ESC
~ Nanolite Spektrum AR6310 DSMX® receiver installed
~ Digital super sub-micro, 3.5 gram, servos installed
~ Smoothly molded and durable foam construction
~ Large, clear magnetic canopy hatch
~ Quick-release wing mounting system
~ Custom propeller and matching scale spinner
~ Bind-N-Fly Basic aircraft come out of the box with servos, power systems and a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® or DSM2™ receiver already installed. Battery and charger are not included.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFL6175

I don't know how big a 300 is, I'm sure I'll edit this OP to say what it is! It's using tiny 3.5g servos and a baby little rx like these:

Servos are listed at $20 replacements. But I've seen 3.5ers elsewhere for a bit less. This size is never going to be dirt cheap like the 5g and 9g ones.

$6 at HobbyPartz
http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d229.html
$4.50 at HobbyPartz
http://www.hobbypartz.com/exi-servo-s0820.html
$5 at Heads up RC
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...g-iS300/Detail

Up in the air at this point:
1. "Molded using durable smooth-foam construction" - does this mean junky micro foam?
2. Are these 30" size? I'm guessing they're 25"ish, which would make them Ultra Micro, considering the Champ is 22" span. I'm hoping this is a good 800mm size like the FMS birds, only a lot lighter so it'll fly friendly.
3. Should we expect more above-micro sized planes that can actually be worked on? Ultra micros are pretty much disposable. Anything breaks, hello trash can.

Oh hey, possibly a clue, 2S JST 800mAh battery! Move over FMS 800mm?:
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLB0990

I'll put an XT-60 on mine, thanks.

Looks like it comes with a display stand like the Kyoshos in the 25" range do. And it also seems to have a drop tank.
Afraidtoregister is offline Find More Posts by Afraidtoregister
Last edited by Afraidtoregister; Feb 01, 2012 at 05:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:49 AM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
Drop tank, right?:
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:56 AM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
Looks like a drop tank to me
rooni79 is offline Find More Posts by rooni79
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:14 AM
Chicago Northwest subs
Joined Jan 2007
2,240 Posts
Hmm....... This reminds me of the E-Flite P-40, which was pretty much a Kyosho Airium. I didn't think that was a very good seller, but I could be wrong about that. If it is Kyosho-based, then at least they don't have as much development money invested in it. It will be a nice match for aerial combat with the P-40. It's a nice sized airplane, but it probably won't have one of those awesome storage/transport boxes like the UM/UMX planes. As cool as this plane is, I don't think I'm in on this one.
All the folks who've been panting for a Zero for years, only to have Dave Eichstedt insist that they won't get one (Ahem...) can now put their money where their tears were. No excuses.
MR2
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:15 AM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
Well, if it's 24" I'm not overly interested. If it's 34", I am overly interested and may need a restraining order.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 07:18 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,941 Posts
Konnichiwa!
pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:14 AM
Go Fly Something!!
USA, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Jan 2009
874 Posts
I would say based on the size of the battery, wingspan should be in the 18" to 24".

Just a guess on the wingspan, but it does strike me as odd there are no specs (other than servo, battery, receiver) anywhere to be found.

Don
AMA 384859
dlt2859 is offline Find More Posts by dlt2859
Last edited by dlt2859; Feb 01, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:41 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,779 Posts
Unless those guns and pitot tube are soft & flexible rubber, they're not going to last. I hope they design the wings well...i.e. no nasty tip stalls.
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:47 AM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
Was the Zero known for nasty tips? I mean it was meant for turning really tight and had low wing loading, so you'd think not.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:34 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
Finally you guys got your Zero..... A small one with no other warbirds from HH in this class. Well......at least you can't complain anymore.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined May 2011
420 Posts
The P40 is in this class I believe.
PepeM is offline Find More Posts by PepeM
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:49 AM
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined Jan 2011
1,173 Posts
Another zero to have!!
scoobiemario is offline Find More Posts by scoobiemario
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:57 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minirips2 View Post
All the folks who've been panting for a Zero for years, only to have Dave Eichstedt insist that they won't get one (Ahem...) can now put their money where their tears were. No excuses.
MR2
hope this doesn't come across the wrong way but a little late (fms) and a little small. I wonder how it will sell because if it doesn't sell well it will be reason in the future to not produce Japanese planes.

having said that it looks nice and I do have a bunch of 2s 800 batts so hmmmmm maybe if the flight reports are good (meaning as mentioned it doesn't stall like my fms spit).
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Feb 01, 2012, 01:43 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Cañada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,774 Posts
If it flies good I'll buy one. It is small though and true FMS already has done one. I think the point was to package the P-40 and Zero as a set which matches the Albatross vs SE5 combo. Not sure that is what the market wants around here, but that seems to be their concept.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Feb 01, 2012, 01:53 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraidtoregister View Post
Nah, they'll never do a Zero. $150 list price for the BNF basic. That should mean everything is included but the battery. Suggested battery is a 2 cell.

~ Authentic scale detail, interior and near-perfect outline
~ Highly prefabricated with tail feathers, control horns and servo linkages installed
~ Factory installed 300-size brushless outrunner motor and ESC
~ Nanolite Spektrum AR6310 DSMX® receiver installed
~ Digital super sub-micro, 3.5 gram, servos installed
~ Smoothly molded and durable foam construction
~ Large, clear magnetic canopy hatch
~ Quick-release wing mounting system
~ Custom propeller and matching scale spinner
~ Bind-N-Fly Basic aircraft come out of the box with servos, power systems and a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® or DSM2™ receiver already installed. Battery and charger are not included.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFL6175

I don't know how big a 300 is, I'm sure I'll edit this OP to say what it is! It's using tiny 3.5g servos and a baby little rx like these:

Servos are listed at $20 replacements. But I've seen 3.5ers elsewhere for a bit less. This size is never going to be dirt cheap like the 5g and 9g ones.

$6 at HobbyPartz
http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d229.html
$4.50 at HobbyPartz
http://www.hobbypartz.com/exi-servo-s0820.html
$5 at Heads up RC
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...g-iS300/Detail

Up in the air at this point:
1. "Molded using durable smooth-foam construction" - does this mean junky micro foam?
2. Are these 30" size? I'm guessing they're 25"ish, which would make them Ultra Micro, considering the Champ is 22" span. I'm hoping this is a good 800mm size like the FMS birds, only a lot lighter so it'll fly friendly.
3. Should we expect more above-micro sized planes that can actually be worked on? Ultra micros are pretty much disposable. Anything breaks, hello trash can.

Oh hey, possibly a clue, 2S JST 800mAh battery! Move over FMS 800mm?:
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLB0990

I'll put an XT-60 on mine, thanks.

Looks like it comes with a display stand like the Kyoshos in the 25" range do. And it also seems to have a drop tank.
Why would you want to put such a big plug when it pulls less the 10amps. Those plugs are fine on a plane that small
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis