HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:34 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,214 Posts
oooooh yaaaaa baby!!! schweeeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Seth View Post
For what its worth, Spitfires did indeed start shipping out earlier today. Should start to see them in shops this weekend.

Seth Arnold
Horizon Hobby
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:45 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,281 Posts
Bear in mind we're shipping all the US first shipments out of California, so it may take a little longer than normal for them to reach the eastern half of the continent. Still faster than if we had shipped them to Illinois first and then to shops.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:49 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,214 Posts
understood.... and seens how I'm on the left coast, I'm good with dat!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
Bear in mind we're shipping all the US first shipments out of California, so it may take a little longer than normal for them to reach the eastern half of the continent. Still faster than if we had shipped them to Illinois first and then to shops.
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
Bear in mind we're shipping all the US first shipments out of California, so it may take a little longer than normal for them to reach the eastern half of the continent. Still faster than if we had shipped them to Illinois first and then to shops.
So glad that i'm in SoCal
minimicrorc is offline Find More Posts by minimicrorc
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:48 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined May 2012
309 Posts
I'll be waiting for all them reviews
rcmaniac098202 is offline Find More Posts by rcmaniac098202
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:09 AM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
wavekatcher's Avatar
Iceland, Westfjords, safjrur
Joined Mar 2011
1,122 Posts
Woohoo! Just pulled the trigger at HH. Showing "in stock" on the website.
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:03 AM
I am GBLynden
GBLynden's Avatar
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,825 Posts
Thank you HH guys for letting us know the scoop. I cannot wait to see how everyone likes their new Spits. If they like them, I will get one right away.
GBLynden is online now Find More Posts by GBLynden
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:20 AM
Registered User
ducatirdr's Avatar
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,372 Posts
Now let's see the ASK-21 ship soon and life can return to normal
ducatirdr is online now Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:37 AM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
Now let's see the ASK-21 ship soon and life can return to normal
You're too busy flying your nano!
coreman is online now Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Off to HHAEFI we go!
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:56 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,751 Posts
Prop Balancing for UM's

Hey all -

Slightly OT, but close enough given that the Spit owners will benefit from this answer as well eventually (and looks like we have a few more days before someone has one!)

I recently put a Babbel converted Bravo SX motor in my UM mustang and Corsair - if you haven't done this, I'd highly recommend it before you go to 2S. I realized pretty quickly that my prop was horrifically out of balance from some rough landings (that were clearly not pilot error, of course). After installing a new prop, the difference was astounding. Quiet, a ton more power, all good stuff.

I'd like to balance my other props vs. going out and buying new ones (yep, I'm that cheap), but these things are so light its hard to detect differences. Anyone got a good way to balance these after a few scrapes?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:08 AM
Y=C+I+G
cmdl's Avatar
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,164 Posts
flown the bigger pz version and she is a pleasure to fly. can't wait to try this one when i do get my hands on one. i imagine it will be out of stock for a while at LHSs knowing my luck.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:11 AM
Registered User
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Anyone got a good way to balance these after a few scrapes?
Using some scrap balsa, kitchen magnets, a piece of wire and 15 minutes of work: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=521.

Very sensitive - use a piece of trimmed clear tape on the back of the blade tip to get a perfect balance.

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:26 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,751 Posts
You are brilliant sir, BRILLIANT I TELL YOU!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:34 AM
Newbe learning everyday!
dbdukeboy's Avatar
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Hey all -

Slightly OT, but close enough given that the Spit owners will benefit from this answer as well eventually (and looks like we have a few more days before someone has one!)

I recently put a Babbel converted Bravo SX motor in my UM mustang and Corsair - if you haven't done this, I'd highly recommend it before you go to 2S. I realized pretty quickly that my prop was horrifically out of balance from some rough landings (that were clearly not pilot error, of course). After installing a new prop, the difference was astounding. Quiet, a ton more power, all good stuff.

I'd like to balance my other props vs. going out and buying new ones (yep, I'm that cheap), but these things are so light its hard to detect differences. Anyone got a good way to balance these after a few scrapes?
We're can I get that set up for my micros I've been wanting to do something for a while just wasn't sure how to go about it .I have a mustang and t-28 that I would love to make more spunky.
dbdukeboy is offline Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:37 AM
Registered User
mkcp40's Avatar
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
Reserved one at my LHS. Once I head back on break I'll pick it up
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-flite UMX MiG 15 Ducted Fan Jet with AS3X Bowerz Micro Ready-to-Fly 138 Jul 19, 2014 03:58 PM
Article Horizon Hobby Blade mQX Micro Quad-Copter with AS3X RTF & BNF Review Michael Heer Multirotor Talk 30 Feb 22, 2013 08:47 AM
New Product E-Flite UMX Mig 15 with AS3X! Bowerz Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 4 Jan 16, 2012 07:02 PM
Discussion UMX S-Bach or Beast 3d (with AS3X)? The Spirit 3D Foamies 6 Jan 07, 2012 05:41 AM
Sold Eflite UMX Beast 3D BNF with AS3X Technology baddb1 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Dec 19, 2011 05:42 AM