Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:10 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcp40 View Post
That's my plane!
What's your plane, the one pictured in post #853?
Rn
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:09 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
WWU,

Not sure about a thread. However, the F4U is overweight as it is. Switching to the AWS3X brick and mandatory AS3X aileron servos will make it even heavier. One would need a Bravo SX motor for anything resembling warbird performance. Also - the Spit's brick is mounted on-edge. I doubt that the F4U's fuse is tall enough. The ASK-21 brick is essentially the same as the Spit's, but it's set up for horizontal mounting. Problem is, AS3X programming for a 3' span sailplane probably won't work very well in a 16" span warbird. However - the AR6410NBL brick that's used in the MiG is user-programmable. There will be downloadable AS3X programs to cover a range of airframe types - such as 'slowflyer' '3D' 'EDF', etc. You just pick the program that works the best in your application & load it into the brick via the USB to X-port programming cable. There has been talk of the other AS3X bricks also being user-programmable, but I'm not aware of any official word on that. If it turns out that the others are in fact programmable, it may be possible to use the ASK-21 brick in the F4U and download a new program that's better-suited for a warbird.

Joel
Thanks Joel. So, I'll need a mig brick or the AR6410NBL brick + 2 AS3X servos (I've got an older corsair) to make it work, plus a likely power upgrade. MIght be the most expensive used airplane I'll ever own. I've got about 5 burnt out motors waiting at home for me to send to RC babel for some SX upgrades for a few of my birds - the Corsair will likely get the first one (and I'll be saving one back for the Spitfire, just in case.)

Sorry so far off topic.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:35 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Thanks Joel. So, I'll need a mig brick or the AR6410NBL brick + 2 AS3X servos (I've got an older corsair) to make it work, plus a likely power upgrade. MIght be the most expensive used airplane I'll ever own. I've got about 5 burnt out motors waiting at home for me to send to RC babel for some SX upgrades for a few of my birds - the Corsair will likely get the first one (and I'll be saving one back for the Spitfire, just in case.)

Sorry so far off topic.
You're welcome! But you don't want the AR6410NBL. It doesn't have AS3X, and it's 2s brushless. The MiG's AS6410NBL brick is also 2s brushless. Also - both bricks are servoless, so they require a full set of AS3X servos. You'd want the ASK-21's EFLU1264 brick with the 'warbird' program installed, or the Spit's PKZU2164 brick with the orientation changed to 'horizontal' via the programming software (assuming that the EFLU1264 & PKZU2164 are in fact programmable, as Spektrum's brick compatability chart suggests):

See the the MiG 15 thread & the first post in RealGambler's AS3X FAQ thread for details about the programming interface & the downloadable programs.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:13 PM
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
What's your plane, the one pictured in post #853?
Rn
Yes, the picture is from the UM F4U thread. I hope the Spitfire flies as well as the new edition of the F4U, as that will make for one sweet warbird.
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:45 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,182 Posts
I can't believe this still isn't out yet

Ridiculous !
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:14 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,176 Posts
agreed!
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:45 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
Me too, I think they should have released it already, but with defective servos like the Carbon Cub. I do prefer to have a defective airplane early rather than waiting for a functional one with good servos! C'mon HH!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:47 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Me too, I think they should have released it already, but with defective servos like the Carbon Cub. I do prefer to have a defective airplane early rather than waiting for a functional one with good servos! C'mon HH!
Lol. +1. What the hell else are we gonna talk about on this forum if everything works properly!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:03 AM
Italy
Joined Nov 2011
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Lol. +1. What the hell else are we gonna talk about on this forum if everything works properly!
-1 I prefer to have e long wait but a perfect plane
matrixFLYER is offline Find More Posts by matrixFLYER
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:37 AM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
If they'd have released the plane earlier, it would have most likely ended up with servos from the bad batch. That would have really pissed everyone off. So, they did the right thing & delayed the release until they get the servo debacle straightened-out. And then people find something wrong with that.

I am very glad that they delayed the release. It was the proper thing to do, given the situation. This should be a no-brainer to anyone on here who has even a shred of business sense.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:33 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixFLYER View Post
-1 I prefer to have e long wait but a perfect plane
sounds like a hanger queen to me!
coreman is online now Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:54 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,941 Posts
Has HH posted what the real cause for the delay is?
TODD
I R Irv is offline Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Aug 18, 2012, 06:06 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
If they'd have released the plane earlier, it would have most likely ended up with servos from the bad batch. That would have really pissed everyone off. So, they did the right thing & delayed the release until they get the servo debacle straightened-out. And then people find something wrong with that.

I am very glad that they delayed the release. It was the proper thing to do, given the situation. This should be a no-brainer to anyone on here who has even a shred of business sense.

Joel
completely agree - bad reviews and lost loyalty kill a business. easier to keep a customer than get a new one. i just need some help getting the spitfires out of my dreams
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:28 PM
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv View Post
Has HH posted what the real cause for the delay is?
TODD
Quite some time ago, the director of aircraft development posted in CC thread that the servo issue was caused by the manufacturer skipping an established QC process. That's why the CC & Beast were on backorder for so long, and that's why the AS3X bricks w/integrated tail servos were also unavailable. Given that the same servos are used in all of the AS3X planes, it is reasonable to think that the servo problem is likely what has caused the delay with the Spit & ASK-21.

Joel
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:19 PM
Chillicothe, OH
Joined Mar 2008
248 Posts
If you are looking for a great flying Spit just buy the nine eagles parts from HK and put the micro P-51 guts in it. It flies great that way. Should hold you over till this one is available.
jwman is offline Find More Posts by jwman