HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:44 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
Does anyone know if the rudder servo on this plane is short throw or long throw?
Depends on how hard you toss it.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:55 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,087 Posts
All AS3X servos are long throw.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:04 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
649 Posts
Thanks
dbdukeboy is offline Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:08 PM
United Kingdom, England, Lymington
Joined Jun 2006
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmaniac098202 View Post
Haven't flown mine for about two months. I would like this purty plane to be in the air again. Ordering a bunch of propshafts, as they bend like butter D: How do you replace just the propshaft, anyway? And is it possible to remove the spinner without totally butchering it?
step by step instructions can be seen in the manual (download from the support tab)
http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...rodID=PKZU2180
greyx551 is offline Find More Posts by greyx551
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:09 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
or from how high! (for the city kids)
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:32 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
The difference between pink and purple eh
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:01 PM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,285 Posts
I love this plane. It's not very aerobatic but doing wide banking passes is a real treat. Handles little breezes with ease, surfs in higher wind without a problem. Took it out twice today. My only complaint is it only comes with one battery and not 10!
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:23 PM
United States, KY, Highland Heights
Joined Dec 2012
48 Posts
Hi spitfire fan,s, I am dont mean to polute the spit thread with questions of other aircraft. Im on the process of converting the umx ask-21 ro single cell brushless. I know the ask, amd spit share the same board. Can this brick be switched to brushless mode, if so how is this done. If this can not be done has anyone switched over to brushless with tjere spit yet I would love to see detailed pics and instructions..
deltapilot is offline Find More Posts by deltapilot
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:30 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapilot View Post
Hi spitfire fan,s, I am dont mean to polute the spit thread with questions of other aircraft. Im on the process of converting the umx ask-21 ro single cell brushless. I know the ask, amd spit share the same board. Can this brick be switched to brushless mode, if so how is this done. If this can not be done has anyone switched over to brushless with tjere spit yet I would love to see detailed pics and instructions..
we have heard from HH (Seth Arnold) that that bit of firmware wasn't implemented. the way guys have done it is through an external ESC on a spare channel
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:43 PM
London, England
Joined Apr 2007
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapilot View Post
Page 141

Ok, just finished some testing to get a brushless ESC working with the Spit's brick. Changing the brick into brushless mode in the same way as the AR6400 I have already established through testing and confirmation from Horizon does not work and cannot be made to work.

However I have a solution that does work.

Using the programming information for the AR6400 I first changed the second reversed aileron servo socket on the brick back to be channel 6. Then connected the servo input leads from the external ESC to the now channel 6 servo socket on the Spit's brick. I mixed channel 6 on my transmitter to throttle on my transmitter and I now have brushless power that works for the Spit's AS3X brick.

Kevin
pilatus mike is offline Find More Posts by pilatus mike
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:19 PM
Micro enthusiast
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
745 Posts
Well I have found out the hard way that leaving your Spit in the car can damage it.

Down here in South Oz we had a week of really high temperatures, 40 degree days (celcius).
I normally leave my UMX birds in their boxes in my car boot.

Well the other day I the weather was good so I took the Spit out for a run, for some reason she seemed really slow, Id throttle up and hand launch and try and gain some altitude but all it would do was slow down and float to the ground.

Thinking it was the batteries I re-charged them that night, ready for another fly yesterday evening. Well that flight was just as bad, I would get airborne and then the plane would lose power steadily and float to the ground.

I changed batteries and this time I got up higher than before, only the Spit let out this really high pitched squeal and the motor slowed down only to float the plane to the ground.
I tried again, and the motor did the squeal sound same result.

I put her away and flew the UMX MIG.

When I power up the Spit, the motor performance seems degraded. Any one got any thoughts on what happened?

Luckily I have a replacement motor, but Im thinking could I put one of the RC Babbels Brushless Motors in with out any fuss?? Im not talking a 2S conversion, just replacing the motor with a BL....

Regards,
Nath.
Groovechampion is online now Find More Posts by Groovechampion
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:14 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovechampion View Post
Well I have found out the hard way that leaving your Spit in the car can damage it.

I changed batteries and this time I got up higher than before, only the Spit let out this really high pitched squeal and the motor slowed down only to float the plane to the ground.
I tried again, and the motor did the squeal sound same result.

I put her away and flew the UMX MIG.

When I power up the Spit, the motor performance seems degraded. Any one got any thoughts on what happened?

Luckily I have a replacement motor, but Im thinking could I put one of the RC Babbels Brushless Motors in with out any fuss?? Im not talking a 2S conversion, just replacing the motor with a BL....

Regards,
Nath.
When you get over 100 flights with those motors, you should be happy. Two hundred would be outstanding. Sadly, having one that fail very early is not uncommon. I think you may have been unlucky. Just to make sure, I would check that the gear box is operating properly just in case something went wrong because of the heat. Check that the two gears are running freely without the motor. If so, just replace the motor and enjoy! Sure enough, RCBabbel is selling the Bravo motor, ready to install. Those are sweeeeeet. But if you already have one, you can go for it for sure, and see if you get better odds on your second motor!

Good luck
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:34 PM
Micro enthusiast
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
745 Posts
Cheers RealGambler,

Thanks for the advice, I had only about 15 flights on my new Spit.
I will check the gear box more closely to see if its binding.

Unfortunately I cant return the plane, as I have added micro bright lights to her.

My UM T-28 is still going, though she needs replacement motor now.
If it turns out I need to replace the motor Ill just PM RC Babbel and get two of those BL motors.

Regards,
Nath.
Groovechampion is online now Find More Posts by Groovechampion
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:43 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
649 Posts
I put the as3x in my t-28 with a motor from rc babbel and a 5043 prop. After about 25 flights the motor is breaking in nicely and I love this plane. So now I need to buy these motors for all my micros or they will definitely get hanger rash. The next one to get the motor is going o be the spit. Asked for PayPal gift cards for Christmas so hopefully I will be getting some soon.
dbdukeboy is offline Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:45 PM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
I put the as3x in my t-28 with a motor from rc babbel and a 5043 prop. After about 25 flights the motor is breaking in nicely and I love this plane. So now I need to buy these motors for all my micros or they will definitely get hanger rash. The next one to get the motor is going o be the spit. Asked for PayPal gift cards for Christmas so hopefully I will be getting some soon.
Is it the bravo motor or the brushless one Groovechampion mentioned?
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick