HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:13 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRuggiero View Post

I've had trouble trying to get a decent loop out of the Spitty, but I'm not a very good pilot. Maybe today ...

Jim R.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
I can't get mine to do a good loop either. It will do it, it's just not very pretty or graceful. I've heard that complaint a lot on here though. One guy did say his loops nice,that was a few pages back. Thanks for the tip on the climbing issue. Mine likes to climb also, I've just been dealing with it. I will have to try that trick you did.
Loops are a bit tough for this bird, but it does them well going into the wind
my UM P-51 rips loop after loop after loop
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:49 AM
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
hey can someone recommend to me a good superglue for this plane? yesterday the tip of a wing came off and my pattex superglue seems to eat the foam *g*

thanks
masterfgee is offline Find More Posts by masterfgee
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:01 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterfgee View Post
hey can someone recommend to me a good superglue for this plane? yesterday the tip of a wing came off and my pattex superglue seems to eat the foam *g*

thanks
yeah, you need odorless or foam safe CA. You can also use "Hold the Foam" from Beacon Adhesives which you get at Michael's craft stores. it's like a super thick Elmer's in a toothpaste tube, dries clear overnight and is wicked strong. I use it for my Depron builds
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:34 AM
Joined Jul 2011
8 Posts
Beacon's went one further ..

They took their craft foam glue and made one especially for Depron/EPS/EPP etc... called Foam-Tac

Advantage over CA is that it dries like silicon and not rigid. In another impact the solid/stiff CA will result in more damage than the flexible Foam-Tac.

Don't think that it won't hold ... I have glued back UM wings at the wing-root with no reinforcing, just the glue, and been flying 45mins later.

I luv the stuff!!

http://www.beaconadhesives.com/cgfoam.html

here is a cross post from the ModelPlaneFoam forum about it, (MPF is some super advanced foam 1/2 way between depron and EPP), the peeps in there love it too, as do other's in rcgroups forums, especially about foam planes:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...33245&page=111

Apparently the guy is pushing to more hobby stores now.

Spit in the mail .... from US to AUS!!!! Just in time for summer here!
roguetrooperau is offline Find More Posts by roguetrooperau
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:55 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguetrooperau View Post

They took their craft foam glue and made one especially for Depron/EPS/EPP etc... called Foam-Tac

Advantage over CA is that it dries like silicon and not rigid. In another impact the solid/stiff CA will result in more damage than the flexible Foam-Tac.

Don't think that it won't hold ... I have glued back UM wings at the wing-root with no reinforcing, just the glue, and been flying 45mins later.

I luv the stuff!!

here is a cross post from the ModelPlaneFoam forum about it, (MPF is some super advanced foam 1/2 way between depron and EPP), the peeps in there love it too, as do other's in rcgroups forums, especially about foam planes:

They were giving out samples at this year's NEAT Fair in September and are currently running a repair contest
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:57 AM
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
thank you for your quick replies. unfortunately those glues are not available in germany but i think i found one that should meet the mentioned specifications. it's odorless and specially designed for foams. i just hope i won't need it anytime soon since there are no spare parts available here either
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:25 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,647 Posts
Quote:
thank you for your quick replies. unfortunately those glues are not available in germany but i think i found one that should meet the mentioned specifications. it's odorless and specially designed for foams. i just hope i won't need it anytime soon since there are no spare parts available here either
Reach out to SLK Count on this forum (you can easily find him in the Mig or GeeBee threads) - I believe he tracked down a great glue available in Germany.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:05 PM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguetrooperau View Post

I luv the stuff!!

Amen to the Foam-tac!!! Great stuff! I even use it to reinforce henges on foamies.
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:26 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
UHU Por is another option. Sets pretty fast (has to be used as "contact glue") but has strength combined with flexibility. There's even an article in a current mag about how to make UHU POR hinges!
Roger Lombard is online now Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:29 PM
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
The wind rammed my Spitfire into a building today

I've ordered a new airframe as it got decently mangled...I think a JEJ Spitfire is in order!
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:05 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard View Post
UHU Por is another option. Sets pretty fast (has to be used as "contact glue") but has strength combined with flexibility. There's even an article in a current mag about how to make UHU POR hinges!
We do this all the time in the flat foamies scratchbuilder forum. here's a good video showing how

welders hinge (1 min 16 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
wow that looks amazing. my uhu por should be here tomorrow or on monday thank you alot guys for your assistance
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:33 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Joined Feb 2010
3,453 Posts
Quote:
wow that looks amazing. my uhu por should be here tomorrow or on monday thank you alot guys for your assistance
I prefer and distribute UHU Por with my EPP kits due to it not having the smell of the Welders and using it indoors. I have a bottle of Foam-Tac but haven't tried it yet to compare. But all my foamy hinges are UHU
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:35 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,184 Posts
Are the Nine Eagles motors good?
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:58 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,119 Posts
OK, so don't leave your brothers hangin' now.... where's that vid!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
I got the SX motor installed, whenever I work on these things I think they have to be made by Chinese women as my gorilla hands have trouble with the small stuff. I got her in and ran her and tested everything and it runs and works great. Hoping to get some video of her tomorrow for you guys.
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy