SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:16 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
Man I just can't get any luck on weather, I've had my spit for 7 days now and when ever I get a day off the wind is blowing mach OMG.
elkaholic2981 is offline Find More Posts by elkaholic2981
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:29 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,228 Posts
nice flyin' vid!! mucho mo' betta than mine... yep, you fly her really good

me likey the big bro-little bro pic

hooly schmoly! what's with the gaggle of Spits!?
are all those flying models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcp40 View Post
Ultra micro home base
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:34 PM
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
nice flyin' vid!! mucho mo' betta than mine... yep, you fly her really good

me likey the big bro-little bro pic

hooly schmoly! what's with the gaggle of Spits!?
are all those flying models?

Thanks, I really enjoy this tiny warbird

The first six in the line are plastic models. I think I have an obsession problem

And I just noticed leaving out the o in "too"...stupid typos
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
Last edited by mkcp40; Oct 08, 2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:52 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,577 Posts
Maiden flight video as promised

Only change from stock was to remove the landing gear. Rates were 100% - 70%, 30% expo on ailerons. No trim needed right out of the box. Wind 5-10mph with gusts. The only editing on the video was to zoom in sections, audio is the 5-6 guys that showed up. Sorry for the language at times. bears "poop" in the woods, geese "poop" on our field.

Parkzone UM Spitfire (0 min 0 sec)

I like this plane a lot. Didn't see a lot of difference between the stock battery and the MA 190s but I didn't run the plane to LVC. I got 4+ minutes on the MA 190s and the voltage after still read 3.79v
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by coreman; Oct 08, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:37 PM
"Kneel before Zod!"
Tacoma, WA. USA
Joined Dec 2003
490 Posts
Got mine yesterday. It's about frickin' time they came in! No binding/linking issues with my DX6i, actually the led comes on almost instantly each time. Using Hyperion 160's and Miniaviation 190's flying at 1/2 to full throttle, I set the timer at 5 minutes and have been putting 110-130ma's back in. Flies great, even in 5-8mph wind. Right roll is better than left, and left rudder is better than right......? For a $100 AS3X 1s warbird, i'm pretty happy with it.
turbovector is offline Find More Posts by turbovector
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:48 PM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Aug 2011
827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcp40 View Post
Ultra micro home base

Finally made a short video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y4Yc...ature=youtu.be
Hey, mkcp40,

Great video! Good flying and I really enjoyed the music! You did a super job coordinating the music with the flying.

Thanks!
Tom
shepflyr is offline Find More Posts by shepflyr
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:04 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,228 Posts
for y'all that are using those Miniaviation 190's...

I thought those were a tad longer then the Hyperion 160's that I use... how the heck are you getting those puppies in there?

can someone post a pic with a MA 190 installed but w/o the battery hatch cover on?

HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:33 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
for y'all that are using those Miniaviation 190's...

I thought those were a tad longer then the Hyperion 160's that I use... how the heck are you getting those puppies in there?

can someone post a pic with a MA 190 installed but w/o the battery hatch cover on?

They are tight and the plastic housing does just force itself in place. I'm not using velcro, just the cover holding them in place, and friction. The hatch cover magnets are pretty strong
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: And into the winter season...
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:51 AM
United States, NC, Goldsboro
Joined Mar 2011
393 Posts
I posted a pic of the 190 installed already sans hatch...

No room to spare, but everything fits perfect
MyPonyRocks is offline Find More Posts by MyPonyRocks
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:28 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmaniac098202 View Post
Would that be a keychain 808 "car key" looking camera?
Yep - a #16. Just got it in the mail yesterday and still trying to figure it out. Tried to do some hat camming today and it seems like it keeps turning off. We'll see.

Flying with a guy who had a Spitfire today. first one I've seen in person and there is no two ways about it, it's prettier in real life than it is in pics. He let me fly it and I learned a couple things very very quickly:

1) It requires a MUCH longer takeoff roll than any of my other micros. I started my take off roll into the wind which, unfortunately, was also towards a couple low parking blocks. "No problem," I thought, "I'll be well up into the air by the time I get to 'em". . . . WRONG. Thankfully I managed to slip between two of them and only slightly clip the wing.

2) It has less power than the other micros (T28, mustang, corsair, Mossie), but I'm not sure it's a deal breaker for me. Because it is heavier, I think you just have to learn to fly it differently. Much like my Mig, you let the weight work to your advantage and gain momentum before manuevers. LIke everyone else has said - it's in a class of its own. Don't get yourself into a tight spot with it, and enjoy it for what it does well.

Oh, one other thing - the binding . . . I had a chance to witness it today. WHile it is similar to what we see with the Mig, it seems more pronounced with this one. Would love to hear from someone at HH on this issue and if there are any work arounds.
whichwaysup is online now Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:40 AM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
556 Posts
Well, got mine last Tuesday and got a chance to maiden yesterday. Went up to the high school composit track to takeoff with gear. My 13 year old son was with me and said, "don't you think it's a bit windy dad" It was blowing 10-12 steady with gusts to 18mph. I said I wanted to try it. Took off very quick into that wind and still flew pretty good with that kind of wind and this small of plane. I think i'm really going to like it in a calm condition. I'm not looking for a rocket but something for easy scale at the house.
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
736 Posts
Quote:
Yep - a #16. Just got it in the mail yesterday and still trying to figure it out. Tried to do some hat camming today and it seems like it keeps turning off. We'll see.
I had the same problem with my #3 but it was operator error. Here's how it works:

Hold the power button down until the yellow light comes on. From there hold the shutter button down until the yellow light flashes 3 times quickly. At this point the light will go out and you are recording. Pressing the shutter button again will stop recording and the yellow light will turn on again indicating that it is saving the video. It will go out after a short time. Other than the light flashing 3 quick times there is nothing to indicate the camera is actually working.

Took me about an hour of playing with it to figure out what was going on as the translation from Chinese to English on the instrcutions is very confusing.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:35 AM
Grain Valley, MO
Joined Aug 2007
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws74c3 View Post
CG? No one responded last time.

What CG settings are you guys flying with? The manual canít be correct!

My brand new UMX Spitfire AS3X with the supplied 150ma 25C battery installed balances out at 26mm behind the LE, not 20mm as the manual specifies. It takes .3oz lead hung on the very front of the cowl to balance at 20mm. This is a big discrepancy, I am not about to increase weight by almost 20%! (1.6oz to 1.9oz)

Iím not a newbie but Iím not a real expert either. But my worst flying experience ever was the result of flying a tail heavy aircraft. It was one ugly flight if you can call it a flight! I am not willing to put this little beauty in the air without some better info on the CG.

I am also interested in the CG of the Spitfire. Mine seems a little tail heavy, it's at 25mm back of leading edge a the fuselage.

If yours fly's good, please let us know the CG measurement.
Thanks

Wally
Wallyfingers is online now Find More Posts by Wallyfingers
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:42 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsheeMS View Post
I had the same problem with my #3 but it was operator error. Here's how it works:

Hold the power button down until the yellow light comes on. From there hold the shutter button down until the yellow light flashes 3 times quickly. At this point the light will go out and you are recording. Pressing the shutter button again will stop recording and the yellow light will turn on again indicating that it is saving the video. It will go out after a short time. Other than the light flashing 3 quick times there is nothing to indicate the camera is actually working.

Took me about an hour of playing with it to figure out what was going on as the translation from Chinese to English on the instrcutions is very confusing.
Thanks! THat was the only issue I had this a.m. - confusing myself between it being on or off, recording or not. Sorry this is off topic - but if anyone has a good recommendation for a free/simple video editor I can download and PM it to me, I'd be eternally grateful and will reciprocate by posting videos for all to watch.
whichwaysup is online now Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:29 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I use Windows Live video editing software, I think I may had to download from Microsoft but it was free.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt