HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:42 PM
KAE
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Jan 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
I guess it's time to plug my FAQ about all the AS3X airplane again since that question was already in the FAQ here:
AS3X airplanes FAQ
Thank you for the link! It's very informative - and not just about the lights. Well worth bookmarking.
I'll admit it, I would've wasted time looking all over the place for a tiny little "off" switch for the lights.
Looking at the manual would have been no help - there's no mention of the lights except in the parts list.
KAE is offline Find More Posts by KAE
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:33 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAE View Post
Thank you for the link! It's very informative - and not just about the lights. Well worth bookmarking.
I'll admit it, I would've wasted time looking all over the place for a tiny little "off" switch for the lights.
Looking at the manual would have been no help - there's no mention of the lights except in the parts list.
No problems.... The FAQ will not change much unless another AS3X airplane show up, but info is still useful for sure. I'm pretty sure it won't take long before you see a mod for either a true switch, or even better, a remote control switch for those lights! Not that's it's something that would be a must... But just a fun thing to do I guess.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:55 PM
United States, OH, Lebanon
Joined Aug 2011
4 Posts
Night Flying.

I am debating on getting this one or not. I have been wanting something to fly at night, how well do you think this will do in the dark? From what I have seen it looks like it just has a few small led's.

Also I will not be using the tow feature, Is that the main thing that this plane is geared towards, or just another feature?
jeremymil is offline Find More Posts by jeremymil
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:24 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,061 Posts
I think it's just another feature since its coming out at the same time as the ASK-21 and is a utility aircraft that is probably used as a tug.

I'm getting it to tow my glider, but will certainly fly it without the glider too. The manual tincludes instructions on mounting and using the tow connection, so it's an add on that not everyone will use. IMHO

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:06 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremymil View Post
I am debating on getting this one or not. I have been wanting something to fly at night, how well do you think this will do in the dark? From what I have seen it looks like it just has a few small led's.

Also I will not be using the tow feature, Is that the main thing that this plane is geared towards, or just another feature?
I have a blast flying the Night Vapor at night! You can look into that, although she doesn't handle winds more than 1mph well! Situational awareness is a no brainer with all those LED's on her, I'm sure situational awareness will be a little tougher with the 3 LED's on the CC but I'm sure it's doable.....
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:59 PM
More Planes Than Sense
United States, PA, Wexford
Joined Feb 2010
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremymil View Post

If you looking for a plane with lights, pick out any HH micro and get lights from SF Design Solutions. The lights are great and I have flown my T-28 in near darkness without any issues (other than my skills)
wgarman is online now Find More Posts by wgarman
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:43 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,775 Posts
WOW..... those SF Design Solutions are BRITE!!!! Too bad their site reads "Closed and will not take any orders 'til the end of April" I'll be getting those for sure!! I like flying at night!!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:46 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Oct 2011
673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
.... it looks like Horizon will be getting the bulk of my RC budget for the upcoming season!
I am retired with only government pensions for MONEY. Horizon and my local hobby store will get my Fathers Day gifts and my Birthday gifts from my son and daughter.
The gifts from my lovely wife are ..... never mind.
Audioguru is online now Find More Posts by Audioguru
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:27 PM
KAE
Joined Jan 2010
219 Posts
Talked to the guy at my LHS today.* Still looking at late April for the Carbon Cub, but he's going to put one aside for me when they come in.
Getting spring fever bad here. The temps were in the 50's yesterday but the winds were blowing about 20mph - gusting 30-40 mph..

*I called to see if they had a new antenna for my DX6i in stock. I was charging it when I accidentally stepped on the power cord and it smashed to the floor. I've had more spectacular crashes, but never one with my TX before.
Surgery was a success. The patient is charging in a much more secure area.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:22 PM
KAE
Joined Jan 2010
219 Posts
Looks like the release got pushed back until early May.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLU1180
Last edited by KAE; Mar 17, 2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Speling misteak
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
41 Posts
Well that stinks.

I wonder if they are changing something.
vlocity is offline Find More Posts by vlocity
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:52 AM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
728 Posts
As I have found out in the other CC thread, the date now listed on the site is the due date for the next batch of orders as the first batch has been pre ordered already.
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:38 AM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,796 Posts
I love how people always see these dates in every single release and never learn from the previous one that they aren't accurate and only a stock for online order indicator, not a release date.
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:15 PM
Paris (France)
Joined Jan 2006
852 Posts
Do you think it will be possible to make the wing removable? This is so convenient. I've had enough of these big boxes.
indoor_fr is offline Find More Posts by indoor_fr
Last edited by indoor_fr; Mar 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined Mar 2011
103 Posts
those boxes are to keep you from turning it into junk to soon lol
Wayne on Maui is offline Find More Posts by Wayne on Maui