SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:23 PM
Radian, Polaris, Mistaken ID.
Japan (Military)
Joined Nov 2010
384 Posts
I dont think so. They are fullfillimg back orders first. Probably is Alphabetical order. (using computers... I am a B) i only ordered mine a couple months ago.
Although it would be more fair to send them in the order they were pre-ordered.
Baseman is online now Find More Posts by Baseman
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:47 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
I dont think so. They are fullfillimg back orders first. Probably is Alphabetical order. (using computers... I am a B) i only ordered mine a couple months ago.
Although it would be more fair to send them in the order they were pre-ordered.
Interesting theory but I am an S.

I'm sure they are not random but I can't guess from this scant information how they are working.

Pete
PeteSchug is online now Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:09 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Great news, but since the Spitfire hasn't even showed up in most hobby shops in Canada yet, so it does mean january for us, for the glider! Wondering if it will be easy to find it after landing that white bird on the snow!
At least you won't have to worry about freezing to death while specking-out the ASK, since there usually isn't a lot of thermal action when it's 30 below.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:50 AM
Denver
Joined Mar 2004
442 Posts
Well I am a C and I just received my shipping order and tracking #!
I ordered mine last FEB!
No extra goodies for waiting
vrex is offline Find More Posts by vrex
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:52 AM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,044 Posts
Mine is slated for Wednesday arrival. The hurricane will be here tomorrow and will be easing up by Wednesday so I might, barely get a chance to fly it next weekend, especially if I can find a tow pilot.

My flying buddy will be back from a golf outing to Hilton Head but he is probably not first choice for aerotow on small stuff.

As soon as I get a look at the high start I'm going to make a better one using light weight mono filament, contest rubber and the lightest Mylar streamer to provide drag and something visible to find the end after launch. I'm assuming I can make something better and/or longer than what's in the box.

No handy slopes around here except a very slight chance of using one end of our flying field.

Just what I need to distract me from my other new toy. I got myself a MakerBot Replicator 2 and I'm slowly climbing that steep learning curve. Got a book on Blender arriving Wednesday also! New firmware waiting for a download. Love the concept of making a file for a part and being able to print it in any scale I might need. Already got a drawing of a scale J3 part and yellow filament.

Pete
PeteSchug is online now Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:52 AM
Enjoying life through flight
Joined Mar 2012
243 Posts
I need to get my umx glider fix soon!
BigEast is offline Find More Posts by BigEast
Last edited by BigEast; Oct 27, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:46 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
Whats the best way to hide a 30+ inch wingspan glider? I think ill just say i scratch built it. She wont know the difference
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:48 AM
Denver
Joined Mar 2004
442 Posts
My problem is now that the wife and I are both retired she is always around when the Brown Truck arrives!
vrex is offline Find More Posts by vrex
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:52 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
I cant store it in my car it gets too hot. I just have to do it. This is such a unique UMX flying experience. HH really took a leap in releasing this product.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:40 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Whats the best way to hide a 30+ inch wingspan glider? I think ill just say i scratch built it. She wont know the difference
Right!! If you can do that, you will be better than David Copperfield!

Just fess up, it is far less troubleism in the end. Remember tell the truth, it is the cover-up that gets you in deep trouble.

just smile, say it is an early Christmas Present, or something like that.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:58 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
"See, its a glider, it has no motor, you use nature for flight, see? Im trying to do more with less!"
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:46 PM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,332 Posts
I took out my Carbon Cub from the garage shelf where it sits with floats on it to switch to wheels. I noticed the right wing is almost ripped off. WTH??? I never crashed it but I have had a bunch of things fall on it while transporting it out side its travel box. With the floats the plane won't fit in the box so I've left it to the horrors of hanger rash.

I can only imagine how fragile this glider is going to be....

It doesn't look that simple to remove the wing and store it in the shipping/travel box. After seeing what has happened with my C-Cub I will have to come up with something more protective than the back seat.
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:43 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,759 Posts
Glad to see that it finally shipped! Looking forward to some flight-reports & impressions from experienced sailplane pilots. All of the aerotow & sailplane talk over the months gave me a bad case of "glider-itis". I broke down & picked up a Radian Pro a few weeks back, so it'll be awhile before I can get the ASK.

BTW - I picked up Paul Naton's Secrets of Thermal Soaring, High Performance Thermal Soaring, and Performance Tuning for Sailplanes DVDs. I also ordered a copy of The Old Buzzard's Soaring Book by Dave Thornburg.

I highly recommend the DVDs for anyone who is new to sailplanes like I am. I have already learned a lot, and will no doubt be revisiting various sections as my skills progress. Still waiting for the book to show up, but it comes highly recommended.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:01 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,051 Posts
This page is 56 pages and 9 months old, and the plane is just coming out! Why do the manufacturers throw out news of a plane that's nowhere near available? They did the same thing with the micro Fokker triplane, I was beginning to think it was a hoax before it turned up last winter.

Releasing a glider as winter approaches is pretty silly. The whole point of a glider is soaring, and you're not going to do that in a dome.
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:09 PM
Foam flogger
Roseville, CA
Joined Apr 2009
1,144 Posts
The release was held up once they realized they had a servo problem in the carbon cub. Otherwise it would have been out months ago.
Belem is offline Find More Posts by Belem