HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2012, 11:39 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
As the CC is a dual aileron and not a Y harness as I think was reported on here.. Channel 6 seems to be used as a aileron channel.. which is nice as it gives us differential ailerons. The flaps are on channel 5 which is normally the gear channel as are the lights which are powered by a Y harness off the channel 5 lead.

I was trying to make the flap switch master to the gear channel on the 7 but can't get it to be a three position switch I have to use both gear and flap switches to get the three positions..
Bob,

The 6-chan bricks can be programmed for dual-channel ailerons or dual-servo, single-channel ailerons. The default is dual-servo, single-channel. In this mode, the 'Y' is done on the brick. It's described in the brick manuals, which are available on Spektrum's website. The CC uses special offset servos on the ailerons, which provide mechanical aileron differential.

BTW - AS3X does not support dual-channel ailerons. If you reprogram the brick for dual-channel ailerons, AS3X will only be active on one aileron channel.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2012, 11:50 AM
Registered Offender
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
BTW - AS3X does not support dual-channel ailerons. If you reprogram the brick for dual-channel ailerons, AS3X will only be active on one aileron channel.

Joel
good to know, I may have messed mine up by going to dual ails
I was wondering why it worked on single at first......
gatorb8 is offline Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My First FPV experience
Old May 10, 2012, 11:52 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Bob,

The 6-chan bricks can be programmed for dual-channel ailerons or dual-servo, single-channel ailerons. The default is dual-servo, single-channel. In this mode, the 'Y' is done on the brick. It's described in the brick manuals, which are available on Spektrum's website. The CC uses special offset servos on the ailerons, which provide mechanical aileron differential.

Joel
I kept playing with it and now have 4 position flaps.. I think I'll stop while I'm ahead.. 0%, 15%, 30% and a STOP THIS THING NOW!! positions..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old May 10, 2012, 11:58 AM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,155 Posts
If any body is looking for a Carbon Cub, I just bought one here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Flite-UMX-...#ht_3619wt_905
skyjet is offline Find More Posts by skyjet
Old May 10, 2012, 12:22 PM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,384 Posts
Anyone using this model yet with DX7s?
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old May 10, 2012, 12:26 PM
Registered Offender
Joined Apr 2008
2,838 Posts
Quote:

Joel
Joel,
I just went into my DX8 to change it back to single aileron, just for grins I tried it in dual aileron, installed a lipo, bumped throttle to get the as3x working and waved it around. Both ails are wiggling like as3x is working........you sure about that?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My First FPV experience
Old May 10, 2012, 12:41 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuilty13 View Post
Anyone using this model yet with DX7s?

Mine is a old plain Jane 7
Old May 10, 2012, 12:42 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
Joel,
I just went into my DX8 to change it back to single aileron, just for grins I tried it in dual aileron, installed a lipo, bumped throttle to get the as3x working and waved it around. Both ails are wiggling like as3x is working........you sure about that?
I think he was talking about changing the RX over not the TX..
Old May 10, 2012, 12:45 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjet View Post
If any body is looking for a Carbon Cub, I just bought one here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Flite-UMX-...#ht_3619wt_905
I got my tracking number 30 minutes after my order.
skyjet is offline Find More Posts by skyjet
Old May 10, 2012, 01:00 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
883 Posts
Maiden flight went well this morning. I set the flaps up on the flap switch on my DX8, and set the flap trim to the trim knob and it all worked perfectly. I am not sure if there is any real benefit to being able to trim the flaps with the knob, but it's kind of cool anyway. I think the elevator trim on the trim knob would be more useful.

I went through 2 batteries getting the trims and cg just right. It is a buttery smooth flier. No problems at all. I put a bit of down elevator at the mid flap position (40%). It didn't baloon on deployment at slow speed, but it was a bit pitchier than I like when adding throttle.

Weather was dead calm so the AS3X had the morning off for the most part. I should be able to get some wind this afternoon.

I want to move the control points in for more authority, particularly on the rudder and ailerons.

Inverted flying was well mannered with only a little bit of down elevator needed. Roll was very slow on the stock setup and knife edge needs more rudder than the outer hole allows.

Overall a great little plane Looking forward to lots of air time with it.
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old May 10, 2012, 01:00 PM
Registered Offender
Joined Apr 2008
2,838 Posts
did my maiden today
after reading all the servo reports I cut mine open and used corrosion-x on all the electronics and servos, lowered the travel to 95%, flew with hyperion 240mah lipos. The servos are not what I would call precision. The gears wobble a bit, maybe they are sticking on the failed ones, dunno....

most of my planes are high-alpha and low wing loading, I've never flown a scale plane other than the champ and beast if those are considered scale. This plane will definately stall and requires some throttle & elevator management. The bay was just starting to white cap so I figure the wind was 10-13. Everthing went well and looking forward to a no wind day on floats

Carbon Cub Maiden (4 min 47 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by gatorb8; May 10, 2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old May 10, 2012, 01:23 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
883 Posts
Nice video gatorb

I am very impressed with how smooth it was even with all the amount of wind you had.
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old May 10, 2012, 01:28 PM
Endangered User
United States, FL, Casselberry
Joined Jul 2002
1,315 Posts
Flew three batteries through mine this morning, mostly just puttering around the field flying like a scale cub.

Full power takeoffs in 2 feet or so, has way more power than a scale cub does. Makes effortless big loops, will fly inverted (but like any undercambered wing it's not completely happy doing so).

I was cruising around on 35-45% throttle and the plane was very well behaved and loads of fun. A definite winner.
MattLarson29 is offline Find More Posts by MattLarson29
Old May 10, 2012, 01:29 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Apr 2007
42 Posts
Floats are 17.1 g, .61oz
akdodger is offline Find More Posts by akdodger
Old May 10, 2012, 01:31 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattLarson29 View Post
Flew three batteries through mine this morning, mostly just puttering around the field flying like a scale cub.

Full power takeoffs in 2 feet or so, has way more power than a scale cub does. Makes effortless big loops, will fly inverted (but like any undercambered wing it's not completely happy doing so).

I was cruising around on 35-45% throttle and the plane was very well behaved and loads of fun. A definite winner.
Well said! Inverted will fly fine, but notice that more power has to be applied to get it to climb while inverted. Right side up, it flys itself.
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer